Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s a mediocre room and probably 3rd in its own division behind NYJ and Mia… but sure.

Or they can just make all that easier for everyone and upgrade opposite Diggs instead of more defense… but yea sure, could happen. Not likely IMO.

Make it easier for everyone by doing what? Overpaying for jeudy (reports now saying a trade is unlikely)?  Overpaying for OBj? Trade for a WR that isn’t even on the block?

draft Zay Flowers?  Trade up for which WR?  

you act like there are several 1Bs available in free agency, available in the draft or for trade. That’s simply just not the case.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

OBJ(overpay if necessary), trade a first for Jeudy, trade up for one of the better WRs… basically whatever it takes, because I think it’s there most essential move to overtaking the conference next season. 

Yeah, given the talent that is expected to be at 27 in this draft, swapping that pick for Jeudy is a no-brainer. I'm just not convinced Denver is really looking to trade him.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Hopefully Harty is better. We are paying lot more for him than Singletary. 

In his best season Harty generated 23 first downs.

BBQ generated 30 last season.

Harty has finished the season on IR 2x out of 4 seasons.

Lil Dirty... nope

I understand cutting ways with McKenzie. He was an adventure at KR/PR, and he could not rise to the occasion as a WR3.

Nor sure Harty is anymore than a PR/KR, gadget guy though.

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Lil Dirty... nope

I understand cutting ways with McKenzie. He was an adventure at KR/PR, and he could not rise to the occasion as a WR3.

With a big price tag. Expensive lottery ticket if you ask me. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

OBJ(overpay if necessary), trade a first for Jeudy, trade up for one of the better WRs… basically whatever it takes, because I think it’s there most essential move to overtaking the conference next season. 

You don’t know if denver will even trade jeudy….more than a 1st for him?  No thanks.  

“whatever it takes” to get an always broken OBj or a Jerry Jeudy that might not even be available.  

if Beane doesn’t do those two things- he fails.  That’s really weak.  

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, given the talent that is expected to be at 27 in this draft, swapping that pick for Jeudy is a no-brainer. I'm just not convinced Denver is really looking to trade him.

That’s just it

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s a mediocre room and probably 3rd in its own division behind NYJ and Mia… but sure.

Or they can just make all that easier for everyone and upgrade opposite Diggs instead of more defense… but yea sure, could happen. Not likely IMO.

With whom?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You don’t know if denver will even trade jeudy….more than a 1st for him?  No thanks.  

Pqy “whatever it takes” to get an always broken OBj or a Jerry Jeudy that might not even be available.  

if Beane doesn’t do those two things- he fails.  That’s really weak.  

That’s just it

Yep. If Jeudy stays in Denver, then I'll assume nothing we could do. If Jeudy goes to the Pats for a 3rd, then I'll be angry.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Lil Dirty... nope

Watch the FA recap cover1 did yesterday.  Good dialog and film review.  He’s better than you think and I’m confidant that the Bills will use him as more than a gadget guy 

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

With whom?

Obj or jeudy-  duh 😉 

• Haha (+1) 1

The release was warranted, but this regime really takes a long time to fall out of love with a guy. I’m not sure what they didn’t see in McKenzie last year that he showed in previous years. I held my breath every time he touched the ball while here. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The release was warranted, but this regime really takes a long time to fall out of love with a guy. I’m not sure what they didn’t see in McKenzie last year that he showed in previous years. I held my breath every time he touched the ball while here. 

It's the 'new' pipeline philosophy:

"Maybe hold onto him long enough, and the Giants will give us something for him.  Like we usually sent something to Carolina."

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

With a big price tag. Expensive lottery ticket if you ask me. 

5M is a big price tag?  Spotrac had his market value @ 8.5M aav

we can cut him after the years with slightly over 1M in dead cap.  That’s not a big price tag…. Maybe it is to you, because you don’t know a lot about him and probably listened to other people say how it’s an overpay.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Sad see Mac who was a great teammate and a nice gadget WR at times go but he had a bad year last year seeing a double digit drop in his catch percentage and having a not so low contract means he has to go. I do like that this means likely they will be targeting WR more via trade or the draft. 

His contract about as low as it could go and not be vet minimum.  His catch % 65% just fine for less gadget tosses and more use as WR.

The reason he’s gone is that Bills are paying Harty 50% more to be an upgrade at the same position “durable fast Smurf”.  The fast Smurf parts are for real, we’ll hope he hits the “durable upgrade”.  

• Like (+1) 1

It is the right decision but I am sad to see Isaiah go. Cool guy and I think he contributed positively while he was here after we picked him up off waivers. We never gave him any sort of big deal. He played in line with what he was. We need better to win a championship but I wish him luck in the future. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Gut feeling tells me he'll be back ... Of course that could be the stuffed peppers.

have you seen the price of produce recently?

Ask for Harty's equivalent weight in peppers and onions and Lil Dirty may make out well in the deal!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watch the FA recap cover1 did yesterday.  Good dialog and film review.  He’s better than you think and I’m confidant that the Bills will use him as more than a gadget guy  

Harty?  His contract drips “we intend to play you at WR”

Will he be durable is my question

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the right decision but I am sad to see Isaiah go. Cool guy and I think he contributed positively while he was here after we picked him up off waivers. We never gave him any sort of big deal. He played in line with what he was. We need better to win a championship but I wish him luck in the future. 

My feelings exactly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.