Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

16 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

sucks dorsey is an idiot and couldnt use him well.

he made me stand up on my feet when he got the ball in the redzone for those sweeps.

best of luck son

It stinks that Dorsey had him not run out of bounds at Miami.  Or double catch passes.  Or just be a situationally unaware player.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There could not be a more fitting end to perfectly encapsulate McKenzie's time here, than him popping off on twitter for Beane to "do something" immediately followed by Beane signing his replacement and cutting him. 🤣 All the best to Lil Dirty.

Seriously, do you think his tweet the other day pissed of Beane?  You might be correct.

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It stinks that Dorsey had him not run out of bounds at Miami.  Or double catch passes.  Or just be a situationally unaware player.

:lol:

What was the game when he without getting touched  just dropped the ball on a return which turned the momentum 100% in the game and we ended up getting beat?

I like McKenzie, seems like a good dude. Just too inconsistent out there. One week he could go 10 grabs for 120 yards and two touchdowns then follow up with 2 catches for 11 yards with 3 drops, a fumble, and a 12 yard loss on a jet sweep or something. 

I can't wait until he has a good game with whatever team he lands on. Half this board gonna be squealin' about it like they do with Isaiah frickin' Hodgins. 

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So al the poorly run routes,  drops and fumbles those were because Dorsey is an idiot.  Yeah ok.

McKenzie had a long and storied history of muffs and fumbles, that is how we landed him here in the first place.

gabe only had 6 more receptions with 28 more passes his way. 

only knock on mckenzie was his muffs imo

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it’ll be 

Diggs

Davis

Harty

Shakir

WR drafted rds 1-3.

this WR class isn’t very good and the guys that we’ll be selecting will have a hard time beating out gabe. Maybe they’ll slot in over shakir, but they plan to utilize Harty.  Mcdermotts reluctance to give big minutes to draft picks also factors in imo

I see the rookie WR being an outside guy who will replace Davis next year.  As the primary outside depth guy, he can get a lot of snaps.

Spelling Diggs and Davis alone probably gives him 30%.

Conflicted on this and not because of the personality. He had some gaffes and Harty made him redundant so I get it, but he was still valuable, productive, and added some variety to the offense. I really hope this is not the case of coaches’ inability to get the best out of him resulting in a release. Just can’t help but think if that 11 catch, 125 yard, 1 TD game against NE* and wonder if we should have been utilizing his skill set more.

I'm sad McKenzie is leaving.  He's such a great guy and it was so much to watch him in that Pats games a couple seasons ago.

But this past season, he wasn't able to shine in a bigger role.  Maybe the talent wasn't quite there.  Maybe Dorsey misused him.  I'm not sure.  But we all know it didn't work out the way anyone had hoped.    

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Conflicted on this and not because of the personality. He had some gaffes and Harty made him redundant so I get it, but he was still valuable, productive, and added some variety to the offense. I really hope this is not the case of coaches’ inability to get the best out of him resulting in a release. Just can’t help but think if that 11 catch, 125 yard, 1 TD game against NE* and wonder if we should have been utilizing his skill set more.

If we’re simply sticking with Diggs-Davis-Shakir-Harty, then yea.. I might agree.. why not keep McKenzie as WR5. 

But that’s not a Championship caliber WR room, imo, and I hope this signals that - at the very least - Shakir and Harty are getting bumped down a slot in the WR room pecking order.  

If that’s the case, McKenzie not playing ST’s, at a 2.5M cap hit, doesn’t make a ton of sense as WR6. 

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

gabe only had 6 more receptions with 28 more passes his way. 

only knock on mckenzie was his muffs imo

I am on record stating relative to expectation, Gabe Davis was the biggest disappointment this year.  Regardless, Gabe Davis is largely irrelevant in the McKenzie discussion.

And the only knock on him being the miffs is a pretty damn important knock, especially since we have Hines on the team now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.