Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

If there is ANYTHING to MacKenzie's tweet, here's my guess (assuming mckenzie knows something we don't) - 

Bills are trading gabby davis for a big name receiver. Here's why I think that (solely based off mckenzie tweet). IF mckenzie knows something we don't, and they're delaying releasing the news, it's probably due to respect for the player (like Davis) to take in the news of being traded. They basically did the same thing when they cut barkley for trubisky. 

That's all speculation obviously, just a guess if there's anything to be made of the tweet

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If there is ANYTHING to MacKenzie's tweet, here's my guess (assuming mckenzie knows something we don't) - 

Bills are trading gabby davis for a big name receiver. Here's why I think that (solely based off mckenzie tweet). IF mckenzie knows something we don't, and they're delaying releasing the news, it's probably due to respect for the player (like Davis) to take in the news of being traded. They basically did the same thing when they cut barkley for trubisky. 

That's all speculation obviously, just a guess if there's anything to be made of the tweet

Trading Gabe Davis for Barkley??

45 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It's not totally impossible that McKenzie knows something we don't - but I doubt it, unless it happens to be someone he's friends/former teammates with and in communication (and yes, Gabe Davis would fall into that category and no, we are not trading Gabe Davis for Nuk Hopkins)

My best guess is that he's looking at what we're looking at - the fact that the Bills restructured both Allen and Von Miller, and after re-signing a few of our own "glue" guys, still basically have all of that cap space available (spotrac still doesn't show the impact of Milano's extension, so a lot of small re-signings are covered by that).

It doesn't make sense that Beane would restructure Von Miller unless he's trying to swing a trade or sign another FA.  Unlike restructuring Josh, it's not a good or even neutral move for the Bills.  It's a move to clear cap quickly.

So I think McKenzie's intent is cheering Beane on, like when he tweeted about Trevor Lawrence "Trevor Lawrence Prove them Wrong Then" during the Jags @ Chargers game.  "Beane After Dark", hopefully it works (Lawrence won, 31-30 after all)

JMO

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.