Bills re-sign Tyrel Dodson

Chandler#81

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

In many ways cap gets worse the next two years. Allen and Miller are actually cheap this year but more the next two. 

We barely beat CLE and DET…

I agree...Dodson is not the answer at MLB.  I wanted to keep Edmunds...but not at $18M per year.

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

😊Good thing Beane is securing guys like Dodson, Matakevich, Martin and Boettger before other teams swoop in on our highly sought after FA's.

That's a sad, sad list.  Add Cam Lewis to it, losing Edmunds, and signing another team's backup OL to 8m per year to protect Allen.  Woof.  Quite a start to FA

4 hours ago, Dave_Bills said:

So why not retain a guy that has years of experience in the system than bring in a comparable talent with no experience?

I didn't say don't retain him.

I said that he is an average player.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yes and no.  Like it or not a 3rd round pick is going to get more chances to make the roster than a third day pick or UDFA.  It has no relevance on whether or not he will succeed but it does on the opportunities he will be given by the regime that drafted him so high. 

Who is to say if Bernard will develop or not?  Sample size is too small, but so is he to play in the NFL.  Ha see what I did there?  Would be great if he can turn into a playmaker. Even if he gives Milano a few reps of rest during the game or plays the big-nickel or rare 4-3 OLB, he may be valuable.  His role in the defense in OTA's and training camp will be an interesting watch. 

Draft position is not a player stat, that decision is totally in the GM & HC. 

15 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Bills need to get on the stick, and quick. Good players are falling off the FA list hourly. Bernard looks like another wasted pick. I think for continuity, Bills should take a serious look at keeping Poyer! Bills can't lose both TE and JP and think their going to be the same or better. As of right now, the Bills are 3rd in the AFC East.. On merit..   

The same chicken Littles every year

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.