Bills restructure Miler and Allen

nato7412

Just now, OZBILLS said:

Does this mean it's just reallocated at another time or do they take pay cuts?

They don't lose money, nobody would ever do it if it meant that, I can't remember the exacts way it works but basically it gets shuffled around with their other years under contract I think, they might actually get more of it now actually.

People always say this is pushing money down the road. But isn't that kind of better, considering the salary cap will increase, and Allen's contract will be more of a bargain as the years go on?

Probably sounds naive. I'm not a math guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

People always say this is pushing money down the road. But isn't that kind of better, considering the salary cap will increase, and Allen's contract will be more of a bargain as the years go on?

With Allen definitely, barring some ***** luck he'll hopefully get another contract anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would have preferred to get more creative elsewhere to save Millers money. 

Unsure of the exact figures, but I believe it makes our outin 2025 substantially more than $7M, and may force us to make a decision between a hefty dead cap number or $21M 36 year old pass rusher with two ACL replacements. 

I would have been down with a Dawkins restructure/extension and same with Jones.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Boom.  He doesn’t do this unless there is a specific reason right?

He literally had to do it or the Bills would be cutting people to get under the cap and have no $ to sign anyone in FA

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it had to be done to get under the cap. I think we were around 11-12 million over

We should be around $40 million under now. Signing Milano opened up $6 million. Restructuring Hines opened another $1.5 million. Now Allen and Milller at $32 million. If I have that all right 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would have preferred to get more creative elsewhere to save Millers money. 

Unsure of the exact figures, but I believe it makes our outin 2025 substantially more than $7M, and may force us to make a decision between a hefty dead cap number or $21M 36 year old pass rusher with two ACL replacements. 

I would have been down with a Dawkins restructure/extension and same with Jones.

I think we should leave Dawkins contract alone.  If he doesn't fully bounce back, we may have to consider moving him from LT, which pays less.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Allen’s contract is increasing at a rate that exceeds the salary cap increase, but it’s still not really an issue.  Miller’s is potentially problematic in that he’s going to be a big cap hit in the near future, and the likelihood of that turning into an albatross is considerable given his age and injury situation.  If you cut a player, all of that money that’s been restructured comes due immediately in terms of the cap hit so there’s potentially a lot of dead money sitting out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Re-sign Poyer, sign a MLB and another O-Lineman, trade for Juedy, then draft offensive lineman and support for Josh, Safeties to groom.

Then win the whole damn thing

Yeah... we're going to have to free up a LOT more money to do all of that. 

The restructures and extensions probably put us around 23 under the cap. When you factor in the moves we made today and the money we need for Draft picks - we may be able to do one of David, Poyer, Jeudy, or another big OL signing.

All 4 is a pipedream in the current state.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.