Bills have shown interest in Lavonte David.

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not arguing for them to throw big assets at safety. But the end of the Jordan and Micah combo this year was a classic case of don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I certainly know what we didnt have last year... an Offensive Line...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

In my opinion this is an upgrade from Edmunds. It would also match with Sean’s comments about playing with a nastier edge

This is where you have to be careful. Dude is going to be 34. Guys fall off a cliff really fast. I love the player and would welcome him but I’ve seen these story a lot. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not arguing for them to throw big assets at safety. But the end of the Jordan and Micah combo this year was a classic case of don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Idk, we knew what we had didn't we? Thats why we paid them back then & thought of them as the best safety tandem in the league right? The 2 of them worked together like hand in glove & you didnt have to worry about much when they were out there together on the field. Surely a dropoff was to be expected when you lose 1 or both of them?

But them being gone last season is part of the reasoning to move on. Availability is the best ability & Hyde was out the whole year injured & Poyer missed another 4 weeks.

Their availability as they age will not improve... it likely should only get worse. Spending top dollar on 2 safeties past 30 isn't my ideal way to allocate limited resources. All that being said i'd like 1 more year to run it back if Poyer would take it, since on the surface we're so close to the SB & have many other positions to focus on. Otherwise i say move on

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

The Kid from San Fran would be my target. 
al-sheer. And 25 years OL. 

Really, really, really bad in coverage in 2021, not great in 2022. Maybe McD can coach him up?

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

He was on the field non stop.  Tampa offense couldn't sustain squat. 

He had almost 300 more snaps on field then Edmunds and played 1 week less. 

Defense gets worn down.  It's hilarious to even have these conversations.  David is better and it's not even an argument imo.  I've watched tons of Tampa Bay over the last two years.  Their LBs in White and David put our to shame. 

The Bears made a stupid investment. Edmunds is not worth the highest paid LB in the NFL..period.  Any fan who watches more than just the Buffalo Bills knows this.  He made next to zero impact plays here.  For the kind of money they paid him, he needs to be a game changer....new flash...he's not and never will be. 

Go watch the games, not just look at numbers on a paper. 

I’m not saying I don’t want either old LBers, but Father Time is unbeaten. Losing Edmunds sucks, I think he’ll be harder to replace than fans want to admit… 

Hope I’m wrong. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Lots"?  He missed 9 tackles on 1075 snaps!  He had 124 total and 80 solo.  

lol wtf...

And Edmunds had 1 missed tackle all year and was better vs the pass. 

It’s all a moot point now, but let’s all stop acting like Edmunds was garbage, he did things better than Wagner/David did last year due to his superior athleticism and isn’t even in his prime. He did some things worse because he doesn’t yet still have great instincts and probably had too much responsibility.

If Bills land Davis/Wagner, awesome. They are instinctive vets who have a tendency for big wow plays.

IMO it’s a wash between them, you trade off. I’m worried about if we DON’T land David/Wagner, because now we might be talking significant downgrade. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Problem is, Wagner and Davis are probably the only ones left who aren’t significant downgrades. 

Best to use an early draft pick for LB and free agency for S.

Of course, they also need a pass rusher.😩

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.