Bills have shown interest in Lavonte David.

MAJBobby

He’s honestly a pretty significant downgrade at his age.

Gave up 55 completions last year (75% and 6.8 ypa). Also had a missed tackle rate of 6.8% (9 missed tackles). 

He’s just a name at this point. There are better, younger options available.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Unfortunately she also tweeted what amounts to a goodbye today too. 

Hopeful his market didn’t materialize and we get him back on a reasonable deal, but I think it’s doubtful. She seems to have made it clear she wants him playing (aka them living) somewhere warm. 

See I am the other way I hope he leaves. Thanks for the years time to move on. But that’s me. 

HYDE was the one to keep back there once this divorce was coming. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Gave up 55 completions last year (75% and 6.8 ypa). Also had a missed tackle rate of 6.8% (9 missed tackles). 

Ive been telling people that. This is a bottom of the barrel move. He is starting to show his age and he’s 33. Not good.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Gave up 55 completions last year (75% and 6.8 ups). Also had a missed tackle rate of 6.8 (9 missed tackles). 

The Kid from San Fran would be my target. 
al-sheer. And 25 years OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

In my opinion this is an upgrade from Edmunds. It would also match with Sean’s comments about playing with a nastier edge

If you want a much more aggressive LB than Tremaine,  this is your guy.  But again we need to spend the higher FA contracts on offense.  Mixed feelings unless he comes cheap?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

See I am the other way I hope he leaves. Thanks for the years time to move on. But that’s me. 

HYDE was the one to keep back there once this divorce was coming. 

I disagree. My ideal world would have been keep Poyer another year let Micah walk. Poyer is the more impactful player IMO. But their contracts didn't line up that way. And at their ages I don't really want either extended. So Poyer walks this year, Micah walks next. I'd consider both for the wall down the line.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. My ideal world would have been keep Poyer another year let Micah walk. Poyer is the more impactful player IMO. But their contracts didn't line up that way. And at their ages I don't really want either extended. So Poyer walks this year, Micah walks next. I'd consider both for the wall down the line.

Yeah I agree I didn’t want either extended. But it’s the Bills and we tend to hold onto players far too long. 

49 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Has this dude ever broken any news? I feel like he churns out rumors every year with not a lot of fruit. 

He’s legitimately tapped into the undrafted free agent/late round draft picks news. After the draft he typically has a line on the UDFAs the Bills are signing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. I mean when Poyer and Hyde were back there together no defense in the NFL did more backend disguise than Buffalo. 

Still the easiest defense to play as Safeties. That is the reality of the Cover 3 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Resigned 

When. I checked like 2 min ago. Still a UFA 

13 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He was one of the best off the ball LBs in the NFL last season.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Still the easiest defense to play as Safeties. That is the reality of the Cover 3 

Meh. I argue they were the engine that made the machine go. The Bills could switch coverages with just a look between Jordan and Micah at their best. They were the classic "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" combo.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. I argue they were the engine that made the machine go. The Bills could switch coverages with just a look between Jordan and Micah at their best. They were the classic "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" combo.

Could be. But at the end of the day the ONE position group I don’t worry that this team knows how to fill is Safety. So I will stay worried about the other side of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.