Edmunds to Bears

Roundybout

Edmunds was a big part of a D-unit that was highly rated in regular seaons, but ultimatly pretty bad in the losses you had in the offseason. His fault? No, but against top teams your 'highly rannked" D-unit isn't much better than an average D-unit. Would have loved to keep him, but that money is probably better spent on the OL protecting Josh and making the offense even better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18M was always the number imo.  

Good for Maine. Thanks for the hard work and dedication young man.  Go get your money. 

as a fan, I’m glad we didn’t overpay for him.  

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

I love Tremaine but how on Earth is he getting more than twice as much per year the Germaine Pratt??????

Part of it: Pratt signed a bad deal.  He took a discount imo

• Like (+1) 1

i remember when shaq lawson and jordan phillips signed away for big contracts, came back at minimum.

i think we are gonna see similar for edmunds.  i think he will do well his first year, but i think he's not at the steophon gilmore level.

The Bills Drafted him in the 1st Round. Made him the leader of their Defense. Literally handed over the keys to the car. And he made almost $25 million dollars before his 25th birthday...

That's an insane contract for a guy with 6.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 5 INT's, and 35 passes defended in 74 NFL games...I know he's only 24 and still has upside...But come on...

Good for Tremaine...Now don't let the door hit you in the a**. B-)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Very conflicted about this. 

On the one hand, I think Edmunds is very very good (and young) and combining him with Milano gives us one of the best LB tandems in the league. 

On the other hand, there’s no way the Bills could afford him at that price. And it’s not reasonable for him to take a substantial home town discount. I’m not going to malign players for getting their bag. 

I’m sad that he’s gone, but I’m happy for him. At least he’ll be on tv here in Chicago a lot. 

Living outside of Buffalo, the opinion of Edmunds is that is a rising star.  Still do not understand the heat he got from Bills fans.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

It is for most people 

It's unfortunate. When your career is over you probably think of the big games you won not the numbers in your bank account. He will never play in any big games with the Bears. Whether you have 45 mil guaranteed or 50 mil, those are both absurd numbers that you don't need to live a good life

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I love Smith's game, but I won't be surprised if Edmunds is the better player next year. He got a lot better this past season -- meaning that he's improving.

Here's the difference - Edmunds had 1 sack, 1 INT, and 6 TFL last year. Smith had 4.5 sacks, 3 INTs, and 11 TFL. Game changing plays are what earn you mega extensions. Edmunds hasn't been that guy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Edmunds was never as good as his biggest fans claimed nor as bad as his biggest detractors claimed.

A plus defender against the pass, and an average to below average defender against the run. A very unique player. Not many like him in the NFL. He's somewhat of a linebacker/safety hybrid, to be honest.

At any rate....the Bills defense will look quite different next season. The best part is that we won't have to hear the endless Edmunds debate any more.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's a better player than most Bills fans think he is, and the upside (youth, athleticism, experience, leadership) is tremendous.  He's not a perfect player but he's one of the better off-ball LBs in the league. He was great in pass pro last season, and it's a passing league.

Bears are def paying for a projected "upside", yes he improved but was that coincidental with improved DL play...or truly Tremaine.  Likely a combo of both.

But Tremaine isn't an $18m AAV player right now...and Chicago can afford to spend crazy money, where we can't.

IMO, Beane made the right decision and hopefully finds better ways to use that $$$ (WR, OL).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.