Edmunds to Bears

Roundybout

Pretty unhappy with McDermotts "You can never replace Tremaine Edmunds" comments.   Is he is laying the groundwork for 2023 failures on defense excuses?  He can't possible think Edmund's can't be replaced.

Edited by Chaos

10 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I understand why you’d be confused. There’s this thing in the local media and on this website where the Bills can do no wrong ever, and criticism is not allowed.

That would be awfully confusing when something like this happens

You are 5/10 years behind. Every team knows now that paying corners these days is a mistake.

You will see what I mean this season when we are gashed by TE’s and RB’s and AJ Klein is always a step behind 

Please post more often.

• Haha (+1) 1

I've never been a big Edmunds fan. I've been rough on the guy, but I want to level set my opinion about Edmunds.

Edmunds was picked #16 overall - it was not his fault for being over-drafted, this is why reaching for a position is bad.

Edmunds was smart enough to learn the whole defense and start calling it as a rookie.

He was very durable, and played through injuries.

He kept his business and opinions to himself.

He was not a (+) player, but was rarely a (-) player, he was very average on the whole in this scheme.

If Edmunds was a mid round pick, I would think differently of him as a player. That was not his fault.

He never developed into a game changer. How does a MLB have 2 FF and 0 FR in 5 years? That is almost impossible.

He was a terrible pass rusher. 6.5 sacks on  over 300 blitzes....

Despite his length and coverage skills he had 35 PD and 5 INT. 19 of those PD came in 2 seasons. Passing stats against him were bad.

He took bad angles vs the run.

He was often slow to react to the snap.

The defense he called was good in the season, but often ***** the bed in playoff games and big games. (Frazier or Edmunds?)

I think playing LB in a nickel scheme must be rough. Milano is successful, but was a former S.

I think Edmunds realized this is not the right scheme fit for him.

Playing in a traditional 4-3 under Eberfluss will get the most out of Edmunds.

He was always professional and never threw his coaches or scheme under the bus in public.

I don't hate the guy. Honestly the opposite, even as a detractor.

I'm happy he got the bag in Chicago.

He is in a 4-3 with a LB focused coach, and we will see the best Edmunds can give in that 4-3.

For whatever reason Buffalo refused to play a 4-3 with him at SLB or traditional MLB.

I think he will do well in Chicago, and I wish him well.

He was not what this scheme needed, especially not at that price.

I feel the way about Edmunds the way I felt about Gilmore when he left.

Good, not great, will play better in another scheme.

Will find accolades elsewhere.

At least Edmunds did not go to a divisional rival.

'Maine' is in the spotlight now, in one of the largest media markets in the country.

I hope he succeeds, and I'm happy he got his big payday.

I'm also happy Buffalo did not break the bank for him.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

Edmunds signed early day 1 for 4 years, $72M.

Seems the NFL GMs value them quite differently than TSW pundits.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.