Edmunds to Bears

Roundybout

Just now, Beck Water said:

Thank you. 

I don't follow the Bears a lot, but it was my impression they were playing majority Nickel.

Smart teams typically don't pay top dollar for a FA with the intention of using them in an entirely different way than the way they succeeded enough to become top dollar FA.

Totally. The point of having Tremaine is that Tampa 2, take away the middle of the field. If he’s playing outside it kind of takes away that impact imo. So I don’t think his role will Be much different, though they will play some base. 

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree.

I have a feeling that there is a big offensive move out there. Maybe it is Hopkins or Henry or Jeudy

I'm not a Juedy fan. Henry would really be interesting but it's a pass for me. I'd be very interested in Dhop. The guy is one of the top WRs in the game. Him and Diggs with Allen would rival the Dolphins trio. 

Will be interesting to see how he's replaced.  Two things he provided that not many others had were size and speed and those are two things that can't be taught.  But he never quite lived up to expectations either.  Is interesting that many in the media appreciated him and talked him up much more than people here do.  Either they are much smarter than the arm chair GM's here or were all blowing smoke and will quickly find out the Bears way over paid.

Should be somewhat easier to replace him than when he arrived as overall more experience around the MLB position, but can they overcome the size as do think he shut down passing lanes more than realized.

It always makes me nervous too whenever a player in the last year of his contract has a career year.  He certainly isn't the first to do that, recall Shaq Lawson "saving the best for last", couple years later he's back, but walking with a limp from having such a fat wallet.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Edmunds was never as good as his biggest fans claimed nor as bad as his biggest detractors claimed.

A plus defender against the pass, and an average to below average defender against the run. A very unique player. Not many like him in the NFL. He's somewhat of a linebacker/safety hybrid, to be honest.

At any rate....the Bills defense will look quite different next season. The best part is that we won't have to hear the endless Edmunds debate any more.

This is the most rational Tremaine Edmunds post I've ever seen, by far.  

Remember when people ran Hughes out of town last year because he couldn't get sacks after a 2 sack season?  Well he put up 9 sacks this year in Houston after supposedly being washed.  Hughes averaged 4 sacks in 5 seasons with Frazier, and 8 sacks in 5 seasons without Frazier, including this past year with 3 seasons of 9 or more.  

I have a feeling Edmunds is going to be even better now that he is not stuck with Frazier anymore.  Just like how London Fletcher was never the issue despite this whole board making him the "Edmunds" like whipping boy while he was here.  

I was fine for cap reasons not resigning him, but don't be surprised when Edmunds really excels in Chicago.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Remember when people ran Hughes out of town last year because he couldn't get sacks after a 2 sack season?  Well he put up 9 sacks this year in Houston after supposedly being washed.  Hughes averaged 4 sacks in 5 seasons with Frazier, and 8 sacks in 5 seasons without Frazier, including this past year with 3 seasons of 9 or more.  

I have a feeling Edmunds is going to be even better now that he is not stuck with Frazier anymore.  Just like how London Fletcher was never the issue despite this whole board making him the "Edmunds" like whipping boy while he was here.  

I was fine for cap reasons not resigning him, but don't be surprised when Edmunds really excels in Chicago.

He’s a coverage backer without ball skills.

He’ll be fine, but no one is going to forget Urlacher

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He’s a coverage backer without ball skills.

He’ll be fine, but no one is going to forget Urlacher

That is how he was used here.  I have said for a while, the thing most people hate the most about Edmunds has more to do with how he is used in our system.  No one compared him Urlacher, one of the best LBs of the past 30 years.  But, I think Edmunds is going to show he is more than what he was here now that he is in Chicago.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.