Conner McGovern to Bills

Buffalo_Stampede

I like that we finally went with a young guy and not an older vet on a 1 year deal. 

for those knocking it he is 25 year old 3rd round pick who has proven he can play in the league. Everyone keeps saying draft olineman but I would rather pay olineman who are proven in the league and use the draft to find impact playmakers

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/connor-mcgovern/32004d43-4741-7420-d3a4-ecbbf78bc788

Check his pro comparison!

Anyway, he started a ton of games at RG at PSU as well as center. Bates was a LT at PSU. I think McGovern is a natural RG (blocked by Zach Martin) and that Bates fared better at LG, so that's the combo I would go with. 

Yeah, I think they were talking about the Young Roger saffold not the old one that we got

Once upon a Time Rodger Saffold used to be a very good player

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

On Mike Clay's FA list, he was the 14th best guard available, right in front of Safford.

Wouldn't expect too much from him.  Seems like a lot of money, tbh.

Safford is a better run blocker, slightly, and is 33 and clearly on the decline.

McG is much less likely to have mental mistakes and is a significantly better pass blocker 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep. Actually like the signing a lot. Young athletic top 15 pass blocking splays OG/C so can move to center later when Morse moves on. Good solid start to offseason. 

If that is truly their thought process, then Beane has to draft another OL player this year.  Maybe a college RT that could move to RG.

It would be great if he can find that kind of guy in the 3rd.  He wouldn't need to immediately start this year.

4 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

I like that we finally went with a young guy and not an older vet on a 1 year deal. 

for those knocking it he is 25 year old 3rd round pick who has proven he can play in the league. Everyone keeps saying draft olineman but I would rather pay olineman who are proven in the league and use the draft to find impact playmakers

Yep. He's a year older than Andrew Vorhees. You can do a lot worse than two 25-26-year-old guards, in their prime, on reasonable contracts for the next 3 years. 

He's a clear upgrade from Saffold (season 2022).   I would suspect this factors in to the draft strategy but I wouldn't be surprised that the Bills go with a versatile C/G draft pick in the 2nd/3rd round.    Also, just reading in between the tea leaves, I do not think the Bills will draft a tackle to replace Spencer Brown and most likely will either get a draft pick Round 4-7 and/or a FA to compete with him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

On Mike Clay's FA list, he was the 14th best guard available, right in front of Safford.

Wouldn't expect too much from him.  Seems like a lot of money, tbh.

Definitely not a lot of money. Also what we’re seeing is the max.

These are different types of players. Saffold was old and better as a run blocker. This guy is young and better as a pass blocker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Definitely not a lot of money. Also what we’re seeing is the max.

These are different types of players. Saffold was old and better as a run blocker. This guy is young and better as a pass blocker.

Hows mcg's driving? make full stops? look both ways at intersections?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.