What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I'm totally on board trading for Jeudy. But maybe try a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year that could become a 2nd or something like that. Either way get another receiver in here pronto.

Jeudy & 68 for 27. Then trade up to 36 for 59 & 68 and take Dawand Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Jeudy & 68 for 27. Then trade up to 36 for 59 & 68 and take Dawand Jones

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dawand-jones/32004a4f-4e23-2777-93b6-b85cf0fe618b

Admittedly I dunno much about him other than RT and hes enormous, but his scouting report makes him sound like Dollar Tree Brown.  Good faith question here, do you disagree with this scouting report?

Overview

Massive right tackle with rare length but limited athleticism that impacts his consistency. Defenders accustomed to winning with power will need to switch up their approach against Jones. His physical traits help cover up some of his athletic deficiencies, while his power can be better unleashed with accurate hand strikes and a run scheme tailored to what he does best. The former high school basketball standout has decent slide quickness in protection but is unable to find his feet when attempting to match inside counters or stall out gaming fronts. Jones is a work in progress with holes that will have to be covered up with scheme help, but he should become a starting right tackle if he maintains the playing weight his team desires.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Alright Brandon, what are we waiting for? Pick 27 plus Ed Oliver. Get it done.

Serious question:  Who would we replace Oliver with?  Don't get me wrong ... I'd love to get something for him - especially a stud WR.  But I'd feel better knowing what they'd do to fill that void.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Serious question:  Who would we replace Oliver with?  Don't get me wrong ... I'd love to get something for him - especially a stud WR.  But I'd feel better knowing what they'd do to fill that void.

A pick + Oliver would clear 5M when factoring on Jeudy’s hit. 

Could sign a DT with some size to a two year deal and fit him in with the extra 5M, that way we at least have one DT under contract for next year. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is a bad answer, but I don't really care. I would trade our hole at #2 WR for a hole at DT in a heartbeat. I'm looking over the list of available DTs right now and I'll admit I'm not knowledgeable enough to say who's worth a starting role. But I'd rather figure that out than rely on Gabe Davis.

And I just used Oliver as an example. I'd like to think our 1st alone would be enough to get it done. A 1st plus Oliver is as far as I'd be willing to go if it came to it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get the hesitation, but like Edmunds that person is likely not on the roster yet.  You can replace Oliver with (a) a draft pick (b) a free agent currently (c) a camp cut or (d) maybe one of our own blossoms?

I do not have a name in mind, yet I am more concerned about our plans for replacing Edmunds than Oliver. Oliver is replaceable and sure having no IDL on contract beyond this year is less than ideal, but IDL is a position where (for less than $10+m/yr you can find "Average Starters") which at best is precisely what Oliver is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a bad answer, but I don't really care. I would trade our hole at #2 WR for a hole at DT in a heartbeat. I'm looking over the list of available DTs right now and I'll admit I'm not knowledgeable enough to say who's worth a starting role. But I'd rather figure that out than rely on Gabe Davis.

And I just used Oliver as an example. I'd like to think our 1st alone would be enough to get it done. A 1st plus Oliver is as far as I'd be willing to go if it came to it.

Yeah, it's tough.  My mindset is f*ck the defense; build an offense that can't be stopped.  Getting a 1a WR to complement Diggs should be priority #1 and that ain't happenin' in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

is there really a chance here for Jeudy ?
if anyone can manipulate a deal its MajicBeanes.
and our 1st is not a great spot this draft for needs.

Get back a second and give them anyone not named Josh Allen.

The contract obviously matters. Will we be renting him ?

Since Bills seem to take about 4 years to develop a WR. I absolutely vote a FA with EXP and upside

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The void might just be a FA DT if he is indeed moved. Michael Brockers or the guy from KC Nnandi(sp?) might do?

Guess it’s going to be a case of him playing out the option year and then a decision is made… No fret as there is potential a slew of decent options going to be on the market; Quinnen Williams, Dexter Lawrence, Michael Pierce, Jeffrey Simmons, DJ Reader, Maliek Collins and Fletcher Cox

Don’t think they’d want to take the burden of his finances to acquire him whilst sending young talent the other way. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, it's tough.  My mindset is f*ck the defense; build an offense that can't be stopped.  Getting a 1a WR to complement Diggs should be priority #1 and that ain't happenin' in the draft.

Not where we are drafting for sure. and to move up is really not worthwhile.
 this seems like a very good place for Beane to make a mark in FA

• Like (+1) 1

I would offer 27. I think that gets the deal done. Even if folks are down on Oliver, he has ability and in the right situation he could thrive. Just getting rid of his cap hit is not enough compensation to throw him into the mix for me. If you are thinking Oliver and 27, I want Jeudy and a draft pick coming back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.