What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As good as 2020?   Definitely not.   Lowest yards per target since 2016.   Lower ypr and catch % than we are used to.

Look at Julio Jones 2020..........he had a similar 9 game slate to what Hopkins had in 2022.........and he was far more explosive than Hopkins........his 15 ypr, 75% catch rate and 11.3 yards per target blew Hopkins 2022 numbers out of the water.   

The fall off happened fast for Julio.

Remember that Hopkins was suspended for using PED's that he is now being tested much more regularly for.   The system is an intentional sham designed to be beaten......if you aren't in the program you get tested a couple times a year and you know almost exactly when that will be and just have to mask it.   He blew it.  I don't care that he's juicing, lot's of players are.  But if he can't take them any longer he could fall off significantly.   Not JUST performance but also the ability to stay healthy.   And you don't lose all the juice immediately so don't presume that looking good in the same calendar year that he was caught means that he's not impacted by not having them.   Often times it's the year after when significant issues prop up.   As A-Rod.  

atleast the good news on that is it was 'just' a peptide. not like he got caught with clomid or something indicating a full blown cycle, was some variant of an hgh secretagogue.  something he wouldve been using likely to help with a prev injury/janky joints kinda thing. i dont think were looking at a cushing/merriman

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Any 2 of Oliver, Gabe, and 3rd round pick.  Doubt that gets it done but we can’t be trading 1st and 2nd round picks.  Those high picks need to be cost controlled starters for the next 4+ years.  Jeudy only has 1 more year left before his contract balloons.  

i think the WR position is worth the $$. weve seen the compensation for players at that position explode, and theres a reason. heck id still prefer we double dip at the position and still draft one high. w/ the way we see rookies hit the ground running, and the cost of a 2nd contract, and our teams dependency on passing game, i dont see an excuse to not a WR top 3 rounds for forseeable future. now if we hit big on a few we can alter that year by year, but that pipeline needs to stay refreshed. might even end up with a log jam of wr's putting up good #s with josh, and have some tasty trade bait down the line if were saturated at wr

Jeudy is who I'd want, but not at the price of #27.  We need cap controllable 1st round players on this team.... even with Jerry's 2 years of manageable salary.

Denver would have to like Ed.  Oliver + our 2nd round selection OR 2nd round + next year's 3rd (if Ed isn't involved).

Like others said, Ed is too expensive/inconsistent/undersized.  I think we need to be getting bigger/more physical up front.  If we can find a way to alleviate his cap + get Jeudy that's a HUGE pickup.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i think the WR position is worth the $$. weve seen the compensation for players at that position explode, and theres a reason. heck id still prefer we double dip at the position and still draft one high. w/ the way we see rookies hit the ground running, and the cost of a 2nd contract, and our teams dependency on passing game, i dont see an excuse to not a WR top 3 rounds for forseeable future. now if we hit big on a few we can alter that year by year, but that pipeline needs to stay refreshed. might even end up with a log jam of wr's putting up good #s with josh, and have some tasty trade bait down the line if were saturated at wr

WR definitely worth the investment.  With Diggs already here, I just don’t think a 1st or 2nd round pick for a WR you’re gonna have to give $20m per year next year is wise.  I’d rather double dip and draft one in the 1st or 2nd this year and sign a potential elite Slot guy like Gesicki for $10m.  Diggs, Davis, Gesicki, 1st round WR, and Shakir could be top 5 good. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

WR definitely worth the investment.  With Diggs already here, I just don’t think a 1st or 2nd round pick for a WR you’re gonna have to give $20m per year next year is wise.  I’d rather double dip and draft one in the 1st or 2nd this year and sign a potential elite Slot guy like Gesicki for $10m.  Diggs, Davis, Gesicki, 1st round WR, and Shakir could be top 5 good. 

id be on board with that. most criticism i see of MG is directed at his inbility to block.  which sucks for sure, hines ward is the greatest blocking wr ive ever seen and he spent plenty of time in the slot, but how many slot WRs absolutely require blocking. ask him to catch a high volume of balls and keep the chain moving.

i like shakir, but much in the way i dont want to gamble a season on Spencer elevating his play, we cant afford to gamble that shakir is going to be that guy either

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know why they're reportedly willing to trade him. Why did the Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins? Why did the Titans trade AJ Brown? Why did the Vikings trade Stefon Diggs? Dumb teams do dumb things all the time.

Texans traded Hopkins because he wanted out and they began cap cutting and rebuilding.

Titans traded AJ Brown because they didn’t want to pay him a massive contract.

Vikings traded Diggs because he both wanted out and had cap issues.  

There’s no mystery to why those 3 got traded.  There is a mystery as to why Denver is trading Jeudy when he is cheap and they have invested a massive amount into the passing offense in the last 12 months.  

20 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

now that Bills signed McGovern, do you still want to DRAFT 2 O Linemen?

Yes - possibly a tackle in the first if the value is there.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Texans traded Hopkins because he wanted out and they began cap cutting and rebuilding.

There’s no mystery to why those 3 got traded.  There is a mystery as to why Denver is trading Jeudy when he is cheap and they have invested a massive amount into the passing offense in the last 12 months.  

The mystery is - he isn't that good.  Or he isn't a good fit in the payton offense.  Or they want to allocate resources to better suit the team Payton wants to put together. 

I'd probably do 27 for Jeudy straight up, but I saw someone mention 27 for Jeudy and 68? Absolutely, without question or a doubt.

That gives us Jeudy and 3 picks in the top 69? Nice.

Get a WR and still go OL, OL, but get to add a Safety or LB while still addressing the Offense three times in the first 3 rounds.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You've talked me into DHop over Jeudy in this thread.  Same boat here to, if we swing Jeudy ill be stoked, he was my fav receiver in his class, he's younger.... however, DHop is plug n play superstar, no development needed, no hands issues (this board was ready to cut Zay after 4 games with drops), healthier, and more mature as a player. Im sure his priorities are (within reason) winning, then money.  Seems like he'd mesh better with Diggs

On 3/14/2023 at 7:15 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

JJ wants out because he’s quarterback is a very difficult person to be around. He also wants better play from that position. If he wants out or Payton doesn’t like him, could be a red flag. 

Now that I know a 1st gets it done, I'm going to be mad if this doesn't happen. Nobody we could draft with our 1st rounder is going to make as big a difference as Jeudy would. We would now have two legit outside WRs, one with great route running one with great speed; an explosive slot in Deonte Harty; and Davis and Shakir as outside/slot depth options with complementary skill sets. Draft some OL and watch this offense explode. I can't find any downside.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.