What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

But Hopkins is 31 in July.  Jeudy is 23.  He’s worth a player and our #1.  Some names already floated.

Come on bud, I totally respect you as a poster, so no disrespect, but you can't be serious.  For a WR who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's for his career?  Wow, I have no idea how you get to that value.  

I mean Hopkins in his prime was traded to the Cardinals for a 2nd round pick when he was the consensus best WR in the NFL.  And you think a first and someone like Oliver or Davis is what Jeudy is worth?  Why because of a college season 4 years ago?  Because its not based on his NFL resume.  He has struggled with drops, had several injuries, and has not lived up to his draft hype, not even with Russel Wilson as his QB.  

Come on bud, that is crazy.  And I would puke if we gave that much up for Jeudy, and I am not even against trading for him.  I just prefer a cheaper move to get Hopkins.  I love Beane and one of his biggest supporters, but I would turn on him in a second if he gave up a first and a good player for Jeudy.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buyer beware with Jerry Jeudy:

His NFL career thus far is very reminiscent to Sammy Watkins career arc.

Can't stay healthy and has problems coming down with contested catches. I loved Jeudy coming out in the draft, but you can't ignore the disappointing career in the NFL so far.  Particularly concerning to me is his lack of tracking the ball and going up and getting it down the field. He lacks looseness and jumping ability thay most high end WRs possess

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Our 2nd in a heartbeat. 

Jeudy represents everything I want this team to bring in this off-season at WR… A legit WR2 opposite Diggs that possesses WR1 potential.  

Then trade Davis to get a pick back.  

What you could get for Davis and what he would contribute from WR3, I'd rather keep him. 

What would expect back in a trade?

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

What is the plan in Denver?  Just blow it all up?  The receivers weren't the problem.  When Russ didn't play, each of them had great games.  

Same as in NO, I'd imagine.  Strong rushing attack and short/intermediate pass game.

Payton has a vision.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean Hopkins in his prime was traded to the Cardinals for a 2nd round pick when he was the consensus best WR in the NFL.  And you think a first and someone like Oliver or Davis is what Jeudy is worth?  Why because of a college season 4 years ago?  Because its not based on his NFL resume.  He has struggled with drops, had several injuries, and has not lived up to his draft hype, not even with Russel Wilson as his QB.  

Russel Wilson has been less than splendid as a QB as of late. Do you disagree? Has Jeudy ever played on a team with a really good QB in the NFL? 

My point is that Jeudy is a very talented player. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Russel Wilson has been less than splendid as a QB as of late. Do you disagree? Has Jeudy ever played on a team with a really good QB in the NFL? 

My point is that Jeudy is a very talented player. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him.

Thats just the thing, I did not dismiss him.  I said trading a first and good player for a guy who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's, struggled with drops, and has had injuries is not a good value.  Hopkins in his 20's and prime was traded for a 2nd round pick as the best WR in the NFL.  No way Jeudy is worth that much.  

Im totally fine trading for Jeudy, all I ever said is that Denver is reported asking for too much for any of their 3 WR's and I wouldn't want to over pay when we can get Hopkins for less.  If we traded say Oliver or Davis and like a 5th, sure, no problem from me.  But I have no interest in trading a first, and I definitely have no interest on trading more than a first.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats just the thing, I did not dismiss him.  I said trading a first and good player for a guy who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's, struggled with drops, and has had injuries is not a good value.  Hopkins in his 20's and prime was traded for a 2nd round pick as the best WR in the NFL.  No way Jeudy is worth that much.  

Im totally fine trading for Jeudy, all I ever said is that Denver is reported asking for too much for any of their 3 WR's and I wouldn't want to over pay when we can get Hopkins for less.  If we traded say Oliver or Davis and like a 5th, sure, no problem from me.  But I have no interest in trading a first, and I definitely have no interest on trading more than a first.  

I am thinking of a 2nd this year and in 2024. Josh Allen is our QB. He is great. He needs blockers and receivers and has been denied this.

It has to stop.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Jeudy has 2 years left on his rookie deal so he would be cost controlled that long at most. 

A 1st round WR would have 5 cost controlled years, so that’s better contractual value.

How much better is Jeudy than the best WR likely to be available at 27? It would have to be a certain, significant gap to make sense for me.

Put another way, is Jeudy at the level Diggs was at when we acquired him? We would be essentially redoing that trade. 

Jeudy hasn't done anything thus far that resembles Diggs' career

Nothing - we'd be hoping he becomes that. I'm not wholly convinced he will either.

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on bud, I totally respect you as a poster, so no disrespect, but you can't be serious.  For a WR who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's for his career?  Wow, I have no idea how you get to that value.  

Come on bud, that is crazy.  And I would puke if we gave that much up for Jeudy, and I am not even against trading for him.  I just prefer a cheaper move to get Hopkins.  I love Beane and one of his biggest supporters, but I would turn on him in a second if he gave up a first and a good player for Jeudy.  

20 minutes ago, Estro said:

Buyer beware with Jerry Jeudy:

His NFL career thus far is very reminiscent to Sammy Watkins career arc.

Can't stay healthy and has problems coming down with contested catches. I loved Jeudy coming out in the draft, but you can't ignore the disappointing career in the NFL so far.  Particularly concerning to me is his lack of tracking the ball and going up and getting it down the field. He lacks looseness and jumping ability thay most high end WRs possess

If Jeudy had been drafted by the Bills and had the career he has had so far, the same people clamoring to give up a first round pick for him would be crushing him daily on here! 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am thinking of a 2nd this year and in 2024. Josh Allen is our QB. He is great. He needs blockers and receivers and has been denied this.

It has to stop.

Agree on that, we must get Allen more protection and weapons.  But Jeudy isn't worth that much IMO.  I would rather trade a 3rd for 2 years of Hopkins, who is definitely better than Jeudy, then draft someone in the next 2 drafts to groom to succeed Diggs and Hopkins and have 4-5 years of him in Allens prime on a rookie deal.  

We are in a very short SB window.  Many of our best players on both sides of the ball are getting up there in age and/or trying to recoup from injuries.  This roster could look a lot different 2 years from now.  Hopkins significantly increases our SB chances these next 2 years and would cost less draft capital than you are suggesting paying for Jeudy.  

I mean a passing offense of Allen, Diggs, Hopkins, Davis, Shakir, and Knox...not to mention Cook and Hines as receivers out of the backfield would be a nightmare to defend.  Elite route runner with elite hands and size like Hopkins brings so much to the table in bad weather too where the ground neutralizes speed.  Then we add a tough runner like a Jamaal Williams, D'Onta Foreman, or someone in the draft to go with a revamped OL and we will be on our way to being the best offense in the league again.  

Again, I will be fine to still get Jeudy, just not at the prices I am seeing in this thread.

Edited by Alphadawg7

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah he had some injuries and yeah he did have some dropsies but his QB has been trash his entire career. Russell Wilson lol. The guy is young and very talented. Sometimes you need to look at the upside rather than his resume thus far. So that being said maybe we can negotiate a lesser deal and not give up too much. But if it was me I would have no problem giving them our first this year for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

If Jeudy had been drafted by the Bills and had the career he has had so far, the same people clamoring to give up a first round pick for him would be crushing him daily on here! 

If jeudy was drafted by the bills he would be a complete stud with Allen throwing him the ball. Jeudy has had no on talented throwing him the rock. Let be real 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Jeudy hasn't done anything thus far that resembles Diggs' career

Nothing - we'd be hoping he becomes that. I'm not wholly convinced he will either.

Jeudy was injured his second season but his 1st and 3rd seasons were quite similar to the start of Diggs career.

I think a lot of people misremember what kind of WR Diggs was at Minnesota.........Diggs wasn't considered a top 5 WR there........that happened in Buffalo.

And Diggs value was tamped down by having a $15M aav contract............Jeudy has a sub $3M cap hit in 2023.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

If jeudy was drafted by the bills he would be a complete stud with Allen throwing him the ball. Jeudy has had no on talented throwing him the rock. Let be real 

That might be true and I get it, Jeudy is your guy, but you still have to look at what he has done so far. QB or no QB he hasn’t put up amazing numbers. You don’t give up a first round pick for 700 yards per year. If they can get him for a 2nd (not 2 of them though) or a couple of thirds, I’m in for that 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.