Austin Ekeler asks for a trade. UPDATE: Granted permission

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Ekeler is no joke. We can say that McCaffrey is an all around better back, but if you said it was Ekeler, I wouldn’t disagree. 

He doesn’t miss games, and he’s an excellent short yardage and goaline back. He is absolutely complete. 

hasnt he been hurt a bunch the last 2 years?

(edit: he has not, but felt like he lived on injury report last season)

49 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Maybe it was Kamara, but it was one of them.  It was posted here

that was def AK

Edited by BillsShredder83

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Cook, Oliver, 2nd for Ekeler and K.Mack restructured 😄

I'll take Bosa instead:wub:

Ekeler is no joke. We can say that McCaffrey is an all around better back, but if you said it was Ekeler, I wouldn’t disagree. 

He doesn’t miss games, and he’s an excellent short yardage and goaline back. He is absolutely complete. 

You should disagree if somebody says that... McCaffrey is the most complete back not to mention the best.

All true but he wants to be paid huge.

Bills aren’t in a position to pay him

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m aware of a stat page. They don’t always tell the whole story. His value in that offense is much more than another. 

That's hard to imagine: "when they need a yard", Michel had a grand total of 8 1st downs last year.  Spiller is a total zero--41 yards and 2 1st downs.  What were you referring to with these 2?

Ekeler is  a massive part of that Offense. He is the entire running game.  He caught more TDs than any receiver on that team. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's hard to imagine: "when they need a yard", Michel had a grand total of 8 1st downs last year.  Spiller is a total zero--41 yards and 2 1st downs.  What were you referring to with these 2?

Ekeler is  a massive part of that Offense. He is the entire running game.  He caught more TDs than any receiver on that team. 

Josh Kelley was the other back. Had to look it up I didn’t remember all the backs names over there. 

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Josh Kelley was the other back. Had to look it up I didn’t remember all the backs names over there. 

Another minor player.  16 1st downs on 67 carries.  

When they need a 1st down, Ekeler (46 of them on the ground, 36 in the air) is the go to guy.  Those 3 are bums---especially Spiller and Michel.  They do nothing.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Another minor player.  16 1st downs on 67 carries.  

When they need a 1st down, Ekeler (46 of them on the ground, 36 in the air) is the go to guy.  Those 3 are bums---especially Spiller and Michel.  They do nothing.

Good to know 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

This is a terrible take.

Maybe so. But I still stand by it. Have to see if he leaves and how his replacement does and how he does in a different system. His value is insanely high to that team. I don’t dispute that. 

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Maybe so. But I still stand by it. Have to see if he leaves and how his replacement does and how he does in a different system. His value is insanely high to that team. I don’t dispute that. 

I deleted my comment because you had acknowledged his production in another post.

He wouldn't be nearly as productive here because Dorsey sucks.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s official, Chargers granted permission for him to seek a trade.  That means there is a RB trade market that potentially includes Austin Ekeler, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, and Derrick Henry.  That’s like the first half of a fantasy football draft lol.

Just goes to show how tough it is to pay a RB big money.  Teams are faced with having to decide to trade them rather than give them a big deal, or trade because they gave them a big deal.  Be interesting to see if any, or even all, of these RB's get moved and what they go for.  Given how cheap Waller just got traded for, curious to see what kind of offers teams are going to get for a RB.  

Some good options already in FA that won’t require draft capital.  Be interesting to see which domino falls first in both trade and free agency.  As for the Bills, given Beane has explored previous RB trades, it wouldn't surprise me if we are linked to any of these guys.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.