Austin Ekeler asks for a trade. UPDATE: Granted permission

Alphadawg7

Will be interesting to see what the market is for him, I would imagine it’s stronger than the Henry trade market.  

UPDATE:   Ekeler now granted permission by Chargers to seek trade

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Austin Ekeler asks for a trade…
5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Will be interesting to see what the market is for him, I would imagine it’s stronger than the market for a Henry trade. 

Matakevich and a 5th

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11

Not sure how to value him on a contract.. Just my opinion of course but he’s not a good running back. 
He’s a check down machine but there’s been plenty of guys who just catch check downs all day. When the chargers need a yard they pull him out for Sony Michel or Spiller or another back. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Not sure how to value him on a contract.. Just my opinion of course but he’s not a good running back. 
He’s a check down machine but there’s been plenty of guys who just catch check downs all day. When the chargers need a yard they pull him out for Sony Michel or Spiller or another back. 

Sounds exactly like what the Bills need! Check it down. Move the chains. Matriculate the ball down the field boys! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

915 rushing 4.5 YPC and 13 Rush TDs + 107 receptions and 5 TDs

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maybe. But, I imagine about 15 teams would be thrilled to have him.  I can see New England being a good spot for him

I’m sure there’s interest. He’s not a bad player. Just not sure how he’d translate to other offenses and his contract value if they don’t use him that way. And Herbert should probably be worried, cause Ekeler and allen are his two safety nets and when they’re not playing he don’t look so great 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maybe. But, I imagine about 15 teams would be thrilled to have him.  I can see New England being a good spot for him

I was actually thinking the same for the Giants. When your quarterback doesn’t have a cannon of an arm, having a check down option is a huge asset. 

This is one I think we REALLY need to be in on. I'm trying to think of the compensation that would make me say "no" and I cant put a value on it. 

27 yrs old

really only starter lvl snaps for 3.5 years so shouldnt be "leg dead"

would add a receiver for us ~127 tgts last year (instantly #2 rec here in terms of volume)

really friggin good player

I'd be willing to part with Gabe, our 1st (I know, I know), and even cook **edit - some combo of this, not all 3 together**

Edited by ALLinALLEN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.