Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, NewEra said:

Not too happy about Harty I take it?  Have you watched any tape or were you familiar with him prior to becoming a Bill?  

I kinda feel like his is another lottery ticket at slot. They now have him and Shakir. And I expect that is what they go with. Maybe a lottery ticket is unfair. I have just spent the week at the races.... it is like they have two 3rd faves in consecutive races and you back both and feel like one of them could well come in but neither is a slam dunk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not too happy about Harty I take it?  Have you watched any tape or were you familiar with him prior to becoming a Bill?  

I tend to go homer on acquisitions. But I think Allen could do for Harty what Brady did for Welker or Edelman.

Speed, AND getting good separation? And good hands too?  I can see a few deep balls going his way next year.  We haven't had someone who can really stretch the field.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea…they’ll go:

1.Diggs

2. Davis

3. Harty

4. Shakir

5. Mid round draft pick 

And they’ll expect that to suffice some how…

That's better than any receiving corps we've had since the '90's.

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea…they’ll go:

1.Diggs

2. Davis

3. Harty

4. Shakir

5. Mid round draft pick 

Thing is even a 1st or 2nd rounder in this class should be discounted by 1. If they pick a WR round 1, they got a round 2 talent. If they pick a WR round 2 they almost definitely got a round 3 talent.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

These are like the Jameson Crowder takes last offseason. It’s a stretch to expect that of a guy who’s amounted to very little at this point in his career.

I actually think we would have done a lot better last year if Crowder hadn't gotten hurt.  It was a small sample size - but he had some 3rd down ability that we lacked the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thing is even a 1st or 2nd rounder in this class should be discounted by 1. If they pick a WR round 1, they got a round 2 talent. If they pick a WR round 2 they almost definitely got a round 3 talent.

Everyone has an opinion, but I see Zay and Downs as 1st round talents.

There's skills in both of these guys that translate very well in our offense, and traits we look for.  

Both of them remind me of Dotson LY, and have a little Stefon/Tyler Lockett style.  

I see the OL as pretty much set.  Biggest unknown is MLB, and what they plan there.  But our 1st pick is either WR or MLB, as of now...def worthy candidates at both spots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Campbell, although I've really only read on him and watched some YouTube, has great size and is a sure tackler. I'd be happy here too. 

Just watch some Iowa games on the ESPN app. Guy is just awesome. He plays zone like he has eyes in the back of his head, sheds, fills, pursues, and I see sideline to sideline work despite the assumption “big long white guy can’t run.” He can run and carry the seam. He’s a big stronger version of Fred Warner. He’s a dude. Someone mentioned in another thread, that Campbell is training with Luke Keuchly. In theory, he could come to his pre Draft visit (assuming he has one) and already know the entire playbook. 

Trenton Simpson is different. Some websites compare him to JOK of the Browns. Simpson is bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive. He looks like he came out of a lab to play for McDermott. Oozes process too. If you watch his games, last year he was more of a flex nickel edge player. This past year he played in the box as a stack backer, so you see a lot of different skills. I would be ecstatic with either honestly. Simpson hits like a fright train, speed, all over the field and he is an awesome blitzer.

As this process continues, because these guys are such amazing, incredibly smart young men, they are going to rise up draft boards. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea…they’ll go:

1.Diggs

2. Davis

3. Harty

4. Shakir

5. Mid round draft pick 

If.. big if.. our OL is much improved next year, we could probably be pretty dynamic with Knox being freed up to be more of a receiving option.  

He stayed in to block a lot by necessity, but if our top 3 can be Diggs-Knox-Davis, with Shakir and Harty, I do think Allen would carve people up. 

However, if either Diggs or Knox go down for any period of time.. good luck .. and I don’t necessarily trust that they’ve fixed, or will fix, the OL.  

Time will tell, but they very clearly need another piece, at least, added to the Offense.  A stud on the OL, a WR2 or a random piece like Henry.  Ideally he gets 2/3, and if I had my way.. bye bye Oliver and Allen gets all 3 added pieces by the time we take the field in September. 

As we stand, Allen is pretty clearly behind Mahomes, Burrow and Tua in OL/Weaponry… more on par with Herbert and Rodgers.  

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I kinda feel like his is another lottery ticket at slot. They now have him and Shakir. And I expect that is what they go with. Maybe a lottery ticket is unfair. I have just spent the week at the races.... it is like they have two 3rd faves in consecutive races and you back both and feel like one of them could well come in but neither is a slam dunk.

Yeah, they took a the value approach- although 5M is more than some would’ve liked.  

I love the move- I also see it as a gamble, but not necessarily a lottery. Much better odds of winning than a lottery.

39 minutes ago, Success said:

I tend to go homer on acquisitions. But I think Allen could do for Harty what Brady did for Welker or Edelman.

Speed, AND getting good separation? And good hands too?  I can see a few deep balls going his way next year.  We haven't had someone who can really stretch the field.

That's better than any receiving corps we've had since the '90's.

Agreed.  Keeping him healthy and Dorsey drawing up the blueprints are the only obstacles to this being a very solid acquisition

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Success said:

I actually think we would have done a lot better last year if Crowder hadn't gotten hurt.  It was a small sample size - but he had some 3rd down ability that we lacked the rest of the season.

I’d like to see Harty stay healthy 

35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just watch some Iowa games on the ESPN app. Guy is just awesome. He plays zone like he has eyes in the back of his head, sheds, fills, pursues, and I see sideline to sideline work despite the assumption “big long white guy can’t run.” He can run and carry the seam. He’s a big stronger version of Fred Warner. He’s a dude. Someone mentioned in another thread, that Campbell is training with Luke Keuchly. In theory, he could come to his pre Draft visit (assuming he has one) and already know the entire playbook. 

Trenton Simpson is different. Some websites compare him to JOK of the Browns. Simpson is bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive. He looks like he came out of a lab to play for McDermott. Oozes process too. If you watch his games, last year he was more of a flex nickel edge player. This past year he played in the box as a stack backer, so you see a lot of different skills. I would be ecstatic with either honestly. Simpson hits like a fright train, speed, all over the field and he is an awesome blitzer.

As this process continues, because these guys are such amazing, incredibly smart young men, they are going to rise up draft boards. 

I’m fully expecting him to be the pick at 27

42 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Everyone has an opinion, but I see Zay and Downs as 1st round talents.

There's skills in both of these guys that translate very well in our offense, and traits we look for.  

Both of them remind me of Dotson LY, and have a little Stefon/Tyler Lockett style.  

I see the OL as pretty much set.  Biggest unknown is MLB, and what they plan there.  But our 1st pick is either WR or MLB, as of now...def worthy candidates at both spots.

I didn't have a 1st on Dotson either. And his rookie year was a tape filled demonstration of why.

38 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Awesome man. Yeah. I'll check some of those games out for sure. Now you have me pretty intrigued. Ultimately I do hope we get a WR early BUT I really feel that MLB is a big need for us too. Thanks for the tips man. Got my homework to do!!  Go Bills!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.