Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

8 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Every signing a team makes… “oh my god they just got better than us.. we are done”.  

Dude - Aaron Rodgers to Jets is significant. Taylor to Chiefs is significant. Brown to Bengals is significant. Ramsey and Long to MIA is significant. Those are the 4 teams we are fighting with the most. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Historically one of the worst drafting franchises of all time. Burrow will be the new Anthony Munoz. 

Duke Tobin is their GM and has been there in that capacity since 1999. 

To me, the Bengals draft in streaks. 

The Carson Palmer 2005 team, the 2013-2016 Dalton teams, and now the Burrow-Chase-Higgins era. 

Of course they are picking near the top, but they stack 2-3 good drafts together, then fall back off. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jordan Schultz

@Schultz_Report

Breaking: FA WR Parris Campbell is signing with the #Giants, source tells

@theScore

. The former Buckeye star comes off a career-best 62/623/3 with the #Colts last season, adding 2 rushing TDs as well.

12:52 PM · Mar 16, 2023

·

Bummer, really was hoping the Bills would take a shot at him. Under the radar solid signing by the Giants here. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Dude - Aaron Rodgers to Jets is significant. Taylor to Chiefs is significant. Brown to Bengals is significant. Ramsey and Long to MIA is significant. Those are the 4 teams we are fighting with the most. 

They'll tell you the Chiefs lost Brown, Wylie, Juju, Hardman, Clark etc.. and it's all true, but they were prepared for much of that and then signed Taylor.

They'll tell you the Bengals lost their Safety duo, along with Hurst.  All true.  But they added a potential stud LT to an already good OL.  

They'll just dismiss the Jets and Fins.. and I might too. I still view the Bills as the top dog in the AFCE because Allen > Rodgers and Allen > Tua, but man.... those teams are crazy talented around the QB.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I’d take the field(Jets, Miami) at this point… Think both teams are right on the Bills heels. 

It remains to be seen - I still think that the Bills should be strong favorites to win the division.  Allen is still the best QB, and w/ Hyde & Miller both coming back, I just don't see either the Jets or Miami improving enough.

The Dolphins lost 6 out of their last 7 games in '22.  The Jets lost their last 6.

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Taylor to the Chiefs is a huge gamble. They paid more than Cinci for Brown and honestly, that’s a lot for a guy who has really exclusively played as a RT. Brown wasn’t the best LT out there but he was solid in Baltimore and KC. 

Rodgers to the Jets is a coin flip. We can live with last years performance. If he reverts back to the years prior? Problem. Miami concerns me more for these next 2 years. They better do something in that window or these contracts are going to blow up in their face. 

Edited by BBFL

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

They'll tell you the Chiefs lost Brown, Wylie, Juju, Hardman, Clark etc.. and it's all true, but they were prepared for much of that and then signed Taylor.

They'll tell you the Bengals lost they're Safety duo, along with Hurst.  All true.  But they added a potential stud LT to an already good OL.  

They'll just dismiss the Jets and Fins.. and I might too. I still view the Bills as the top dog in the AFCE because Allen > Rodgers and Allen > Tua, but man.... those teams are crazy talented around the QB.  

Bills are falling behind. 

It looks like more of the same from Beane. 

It's Goodwill shopping on Offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore turned those picks into great players all the time. I understand it's not the norm but that's what the good teams do. Cam Heyward, Pouncy, Reed, Lewis the list is long.

If the list is so long why are all of the above long retired except for one?  You may have also noticed that the Bills are clearly a batter team than your two shining cities on the hill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills are falling behind. 

It looks like more of the same from Beane. 

It's Goodwill shopping on Offense. 

We DO have a bit of a cap situation - even w/ the restructures. We can't spend like other teams this year.

Next year, Cincy will have that problem. We made our "splash" in FA last year.  That's not something most teams can do in consecutive years.

Just now, Success said:

It remains to be seen - I still think that the Bills should be strong favorites to win the division.  Allen is still the best QB, and w/ Hyde & Miller both coming back, I just don't see either the Jets or Miami improving enough.

The Dolphins lost 6 out of their last 7 games in '22.  The Jets lost their last 6.

Health permitting, our Defense should be on par with the Jets and Dolphins.  All could be Top 5 Defenses in the league.  

Therefore, Allen > Rodgers/Tua is the difference.  However, our OL and WR room need another legitimate piece or I start to worry that the talent around those two QB's can start to offset the QB edge we hold. 

Regarding Burrow and Mahomes.. our Defense should be much better than their Defenses.  Right now, both are ahead of us on Offense (IMO).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Taylor to Chiefs is a downgrade, not significant, and they lost JuJu, Clark, and probably McKinnon...all significant players in their SB run last year.  

Ramsey to Miami is meh, they were not one CB away from being great and still have a massive question mark with Tua and his durability.  They were on a 4 game losing streak with a healthy Tua last time he was on the field too.  

Brown to Bengals would be significant in a vacuum, but they lost a lot of players in the process, and the thing that helped them the most to get buy KC the year before and Buffalo this year in the playoffs was their defensive effort where they lost the most of their players.  And they lost Perine and Mixon is a massive question mark right now with the off field issues.

Rodgers to Jets is about the only real significant move that truly poses a significant upgrade (in theory) in their direct threat on us.  But, there have been plenty of these moves like this with late stage QB's that don't work out as well as people think, so they still need to show it on the field.  Not to mention, Rodgers is going to hate the NY media if its not going as perfectly as the Jets fans expect.  

The sky isn't falling is the moral of the story. You can't look at all these moves in a vacuum, there are a lot moving parts.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Taylor to Chiefs is a downgrade, not significant, and they lost JuJu, Clark, and probably McKinnon...all significant players in their SB run last year.  

Ramsey to Miami is meh, they were not one CB away from being great and still have a massive question mark with Tua and his durability.  They were on a 4 game losing streak with a healthy Tua last time he was on the field too.  

Brown to Bengals would be significant in a vacuum, but they lost a lot of players in the process, and the thing that helped them the most to get buy KC the year before and Buffalo this year in the playoffs was their defensive effort where they lost the most of their players.  And they lost Perine and Mixon is a massive question mark right now with the off field issues.

Rodgers to Jets is about the only real significant move that truly poses a significant upgrade (in theory) in their direct threat on us.  But, there have been plenty of these moves like this with late stage QB's that don't work out as well as people think, so they still need to show it on the field.  Not to mention, Rodgers is going to hate the NY media if its not going as perfectly as the Jets fans expect.  

The sky isn't falling is the moral of the story. You can't look at all these moves in a vacuum, there are a lot moving parts.

Strongly suspect the Chiefs will end up with OBJ or another high-impact receiver (or two) before all is said and done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.