Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

We’re getting pretty close to me not wanting to hear him referred to as BBB ever again. 

We currently have 10M tied up in the following players… Matakevich, Neal, Harty and McKenzie.  Why?  

I’m hoping another move is coming, but so far, it’s another year where we fill in perceived rotational/depth holes around the roster at the detriment of high end players.  

Meanwhile, the Bengals let both their starting Safeties walk and sign Orlando Brown to an OL that they already went heavy on fixing last year. 

Chiefs lose Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie, but then sign Taylor on a line that already boasts the best IOL in the NFL.  And they just restructured Mahomes, so I’m sure they’re not done. 

So we can suck?  That’s obv the plan

16 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

He is so good teams are just fighting to get him. Need to quit the bias ; he is very avg and has bad hands for a back. Nice guy, ok blocker , but on this team that’s not saying much with the accepted bull fighting cape style of blocking.  If he is that good, why no offers as we have seen teams not being hesitant  to sign backs at pretty good $ as they know the importance of the running game.  But BILLS fans don’t want to draft a good one early , and they complain about paying one. So just keep letting josh feel the pressure to make  plays as the talent around him is now below that of kc, fins, jets, bengals who all have good backs.

Let’s keep struggling with short yardage and goal line situations.  Let’s just keep running it back with same guys , yet now motor would not be on a rookie deal.  Want to keep losing in the playoffs, or watch, the east is much tougher this year already seeing roster changes, so without improvement i think the fins , maybe the jets take the division.as they keep improving.

Motor was terrible with screens. Still had some fumble issues.  We already have cook who is shifty but undersized. This team will not win a SB without a tough back, see kc with their back , tough , hard to tackle runner.  Beane has missed on almost every back he has brought in,, moss being the glaring example.and he luckily didn’t land mckitrick (sorry sp),,,,,cook may yet develop tho.  

The k gun passing attack was so good because thurm could catch and he was a great runner. We need talent, not same mediocre small back. Thurm could run between the tackles. Ask him and tasker about it. Get a legitimate powerful , aggressive back and suddenly the lbs cant drop and our passing opens up. Devin is a great kid , overachievedvfor his size, but he was not powerful enough

. Help josh, get a legit back Beane. Keep being cheap , then accept the results like the feeling after last years Cincy game when we struggle passing in snow or cold. Yeah, just keep the offense that scored 10  at home in the playoffs intact cuz we liked an underrated guy! Lol!   How bout get a guy who is not underrated, but actually produces and can catch a simple pass in the flats or more?  We just cant keep settling on such inadequate production from the backs.

Josh is good but he has proven he needs support or he starts pressing and sorry , but at this point he is no Mahomes ,,,,but even he has a good running game when called on. No shame in that, whatever it takes, Kelly had thurm, Josh needs a quality back. Beane is fixing o line, d help will be limited, so outscore , out possession teams. Win that way , josh plays longer, its a win -win!

Dude said he was underrated and would happy to have him back…..  and this is the reply?  A bit much imo

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I keep seeing posts about all of our expensive contract and missed picks... I'm still not sure I understand. Somehow, we've sustained being a top end team for 4 years now. McDermott and Beane have been here for 6, which means they've had 6 drafts and 2 classes qualify for free agency. 

On paper, it's damn near impossible for them to be bad drafters and to have sustained success this long. We may not have a plethora of impact guys like we want... but it's not this colossal mess some posters are making it out to be. 

This is not hard to understand. On defense, they play a deep cover prevent style strategy which papers over their lack of pass rush (though they’ve expended tons of draft capital trying to create one) . On offense, they have a super star QB who can run the ball when he’s in trouble which papers over their lack of an actual running game /offensive line. No matter how you slice it this Team is simply not a stacked roster of successful draft picks. That doesn’t mean they haven’t been winning. The two realities are not mutually exclusive.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Meanwhile, the Bengals let both their starting Safeties walk and sign Orlando Brown to an OL that they already went heavy on fixing last year. 

Now wait a minute… if this was Beane people would be upset. 

“He botched fixing the OL last year so he had to let our S tandem walk to try and fix it again.” 

Oddly sounds like 

“He botched the DL situation with Rousseau/Epenesa/Basham and had to go give Von Miller a big contract.” 

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is not hard to understand. On defense, they play a deep cover prevent style strategy which papers over their lack of pass rush (though they’ve expended tons of draft capital trying to create one) . On offense, they have a super star QB who can run the ball when he’s in trouble which papers over their lack of an actual running game /offensive line. No matter how you slice it this Team is simply not a stacked roster of successful draft picks. That doesn’t mean they haven’t been winning. The two realities are not mutually exclusive.

Soo they’re not good at drafting because they’ve drafted to fit scheme and the scheme helps players succeed which results in winning games? I don’t follow. 

More often than not those two realities are mutually exclusive. If you don’t draft well… it’s hard to win. So what’s going to give? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Now wait a minute… if this was Beane people would be upset. 

“He botched fixing the OL last year so he had to let our S tandem walk to try and fix it again.” 

Oddly sounds like 

“He botched the DL situation with Rousseau/Epenesa/Basham and had to go give Von Miller a big contract.” 

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. 

I've stated from jump this off-season that we should let Poyer and Edmunds walk AND trade Ed Oliver. 

I'm 100% comfortable shifting investment from the Defense to the Offense.  

Also.. we signed a one year Kromer disciple at LG as a band-aid... it failed spectacularly.   That wasn't an attempt to fix the OL... and most of us are getting annoyed because there really hasn't been an attempt.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

He is so good teams are just fighting to get him. Need to quit the bias ; he is very avg and has bad hands for a back. Nice guy, ok blocker , but on this team that’s not saying much with the accepted bull fighting cape style of blocking.  If he is that good, why no offers as we have seen teams not being hesitant  to sign backs at pretty good $ as they know the importance of the running game.  But BILLS fans don’t want to draft a good one early , and they complain about paying one. So just keep letting josh feel the pressure to make  plays as the talent around him is now below that of kc, fins, jets, bengals who all have good backs.

Let’s keep struggling with short yardage and goal line situations.  Let’s just keep running it back with same guys , yet now motor would not be on a rookie deal.  Want to keep losing in the playoffs, or watch, the east is much tougher this year already seeing roster changes, so without improvement i think the fins , maybe the jets take the division.as they keep improving.

Motor was terrible with screens. Still had some fumble issues.  We already have cook who is shifty but undersized. This team will not win a SB without a tough back, see kc with their back , tough , hard to tackle runner.  Beane has missed on almost every back he has brought in,, moss being the glaring example.and he luckily didn’t land mckitrick (sorry sp),,,,,cook may yet develop tho.  

The k gun passing attack was so good because thurm could catch and he was a great runner. We need talent, not same mediocre small back. Thurm could run between the tackles. Ask him and tasker about it. Get a legitimate powerful , aggressive back and suddenly the lbs cant drop and our passing opens up. Devin is a great kid , overachievedvfor his size, but he was not powerful enough

. Help josh, get a legit back Beane. Keep being cheap , then accept the results like the feeling after last years Cincy game when we struggle passing in snow or cold. Yeah, just keep the offense that scored 10  at home in the playoffs intact cuz we liked an underrated guy! Lol!   How bout get a guy who is not underrated, but actually produces and can catch a simple pass in the flats or more?  We just cant keep settling on such inadequate production from the backs.

Josh is good but he has proven he needs support or he starts pressing and sorry , but at this point he is no Mahomes ,,,,but even he has a good running game when called on. No shame in that, whatever it takes, Kelly had thurm, Josh needs a quality back. Beane is fixing o line, d help will be limited, so outscore , out possession teams. Win that way , josh plays longer, its a win -win!

We'll never fix the run game 'til we improve the OL.   We improve the OL Singletary and Cook just get better.  So does the passing game.   If there's no market out there for Singletary then hopefully that means we just get him back for a more team friendly deal.  Focusing too heavily on RB is misplaced priorities IMO.  We have bigger needs at guard, WR2 and MLB still.   That being said if we were to grab Bijan Robinson at 27 this year I would not be upset as there just isn't anyone great at the other positions we need early on.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t think there’s any way they’re planning on going with Klein at MLB for a seventeen game schedule. I actually like Klein in a reserve role but he’ll absolutely run out of gas as a consistent starter. And I wish I shared your optimism on Dodson, at such a key role in the defense but at this point I’ll take just about anyone who can stop a RB dead in his tracks. 

a role player for Klein with a role player for pass defense to mix and match on schemes/plans/games is all i want.

i hate going with a stop gap at MLB but we didn't have a choice with Edmunds. I don't think he was worth the amount he got to stay on this team. i think he will continue to succeed and play another 10 years however.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

No disrespect, but there is so much over exaggerated or even inaccurate in this post that I don't have the time to respond to it all.  So just gonna casually walk by this one.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 5

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I've stated from jump this off-season that we should let Poyer and Edmunds walk AND trade Ed Oliver. 

I'm 100% comfortable shifting investment from the Defense to the Offense.  

Also.. we signed a one year Kromer disciple at LG as a band-aid... it failed spectacularly.   That wasn't an attempt to fix the OL... and most of us are getting annoyed because there really hasn't been an attempt.  

I think you missed the point. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Can't really debate the Allen (or Burrow) vs Mahomes thing anymore as he's up 2-0 on the field, but I hate ... HATE... when any Bills fan concedes the argument.  

"He's no Mahomes"

Mahomes has had better coaching, better weapons and a better OL year after year vs Allen.  

Maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think you missed the point. 

I didn't miss your point at all.  

"We had to let Edmunds and Poyer walk, while trading Oliver to address Offense because Beane hasn't fixed Allen's OL and weapons"

Wouldn't be me.  

For one, good... please re-allocate.

And two... Beane hasn't really done much, aside from band-aids, to address the OL and WR. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Can't really debate the Allen (or Burrow) vs Mahomes thing anymore as he's up 2-0 on the field, but I hate ... HATE... when any Bills fan concedes the argument.  

"He's no Mahomes"

Mahomes has had better coaching, better weapons and a better OL year after year vs Allen.  

This is the 1st offseason I have seen the bolded everywhere on the internet, and it drives me crazy.  There is not some significant gap between Allen and Mahomes.  

They are in very different situations.  This is the ultimate team game. Anyone w/ eyes can see that Allen has to carry more of the load w/ the Bills than Mahomes does w/ KC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Success said:

This is the 1st offseason I have seen the bolded everywhere on the internet, and it drives me crazy.  There is not some significant gap between Allen and Mahomes.  

They are in very different situations.  This is the ultimate team game. Anyone w/ eyes can see that Allen has to carry more of the load w/ the Bills than Mahomes does w/ KC.

Agreed. In 2022, Allen had to make the plays far too often in spite of the play call, whereas Mahomes makes a good number of plays because of the play call. Mahomes is the elite of the elite, but Josh remains in the conversation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

"He's no Mahomes"

I didn't miss your point at all.  

"We had to let Edmunds and Poyer walk, while trading Oliver to address Offense because Beane hasn't fixed Allen's OL and weapons"

Wouldn't be me.  

For one, good... please re-allocate.

And two... Beane hasn't really done much, aside from band-aids, to address the OL and WR. 

Allen should be 3-0 against Mahomes in the last 3 if not for 13 seconds. All in Arrowhead..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.