Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Who??

6'1" 4.4 40 yard dash at 210 lbs.

i'm wondering if special teams dude

he's the guy who the punt bounced off his ass to score the safety in the game last year.

Edited by boyst
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, papazoid said:

gabe better be careful.....he's in the same predicament mckenzie was in........very low dead money if cut

cap $2,900,000

dead $175,000

savings $2,725,000

i think they will keep him....but i also think this is his last season

They wont cut him.   Only way he ends up on another roster this year is if he is traded.   I do agree this will be his last year in Buffalo though.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I just looked up his stats which don't show anything good. 56% career catch rate, 417 total yards last year (his best year), 5 seasons 844 total yards. 

What is the expectation of him? 

He is a core special teamer that put up about the same offensive stats as McKenzie last year. This is your WR 6 to replace kumerow and gives you a better receiving depth than he provided. They will like head to the draft and grab 1 more receiver. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I did see the Baltimore ravens win two Super Bowls with guys I never expected to win, so I wouldn’t count out Jared Goff just yet.

That was 22 years ago…we’re in a way different NFL era.  

59 minutes ago, nucci said:

How do you know this? Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl

He sure did….22 years ago.  

• Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, papazoid said:

gabe better be careful.....he's in the same predicament mckenzie was in........very low dead money if cut

cap $2,900,000

dead $175,000

savings $2,725,000

Gabe has real value. We'd be foolish to cut him.  Giants would probably consider trading a 2nd for him 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, papazoid said:

patrick peterson on gabe davis....."Going back to my film study, I knew he was an in-breaking receiver, he showed that all game."

my goodness....why do you allow yourself to be predictable......poor coaching

Big reason why I think Chad Hall is no longer here.

42 minutes ago, papazoid said:

cap $2,900,000

dead $175,000

savings $2,725,000

Lol now we’re getting carried away. Gabe Davis likely signs an extension this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

He is a core special teamer that put up about the same offensive stats as McKenzie last year. This is your WR 6 to replace kumerow and gives you a better receiving depth than he provided. They will like head to the draft and grab 1 more receiver. 

Pretty much a yes on both points.  I can see them bringing in one more vet minimum type guy for the outside to be camp competition.

The rest going to camp will be the UDFA types most likely.

I hope that guy after cutdown ends up on the PS.  Need a guy or 2 to call up if needed who can do something.  Last year's WR PS was pretty weak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.