Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Diggs

OBJ

Davis

Harty

Hyatt

Shakir

Henry

Cook

Hines

sign OBJ - 2 years 12 mil

Extend DaQuan Jones

Trade Ed Oliver for a mid round pick

Trade 2024 2nd + 5th for Derrick Henry

1st Round Draft Pick WR Jalin Hyatt

2nd + 3rd round both OL

the WR 3-4 competition for targets would be glorious. This group also gives us a good mix of different WR types

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have a sneaky feeling that CB White could be a cap casualty.  Just putting that out there in the universe.....

If there's a guy who's "pay" doesn't match his "play" right now, it's White.  Not sure if I'd agree with it off the top, but if another better value corner replaced him, and it freed up over $9,700,000 in cap savings, allowing us to sign other pieces like OG Seumalo, and MLB Bobby Wagner.....  I could live with that.

Depends on how good they feel about Elam stepping up I suppose (and if a quality value acquisition was available in FA), but Beane did say that "there could be other cap casualties depending on who is added." - Source:  https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-5-things-gm-brandon-beane-press-conference-on-the-bills-fr

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

3 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I have a sneaky feeling that CB White could be a cap casualty.  Just putting that out there in the universe.....

If there's a guy who's "pay" doesn't match his "play" right now, it's White.  Not sure if I'd agree with it off the top, but if another better value corner replaced him, and it freed up over $9,700,000 in cap savings, allowing us to sign other pieces like OG Seumalo, and MLB Bobby Wagner.....  I could live with that.

Depends on how good they feel about Elam stepping up I suppose (and if a quality value acquisition was available in FA), but Beane did say that "there could be other cap casualties depending on who is added." - Source:  https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-5-things-gm-brandon-beane-press-conference-on-the-bills-fr

That wouldn't happen this season. He has a 23 million dollar dead cap hit if we do it this year. The potential is there to get out next year though.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That wouldn't happen this season. He has a 23 million dollar dead cap hit if we do it this year. The potential is there to get out next year though.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/

Ouch!!  That's a big dead cap hit.  

Yep, not gonna happen.  Thanks for looking that up!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Yantha said:

You, good sir, may have a career opportunity in comedy.

So at this point we have lost two free agents Tremaine and Case.

we have resigned Poyer, Matakevich, Dodson, Jackson, Martin, Lewis

signed from other teams: Harty, Kyle Allen, McGovern

with the following remaining free agents: Klein, Quessenberry, Saffold, Singletary, Phillips, Lawson, Crowder, Beasley, Taiwan, Van Roten, kumerow, Hart, Murray, Marlowe, Sweeney, Jaquan Johnson

Of the guys from last years team I would like to see Phillips and Lawson back on cheap deals as that would reduce the need to draft another dlineman and allow us to focus on the oline in the draft. I am also a big fan of Singletary - he has a ton of heart and might be fine if we can fix the oline. I am not really surprised these guys have had no takers individually, but collectively we seem to have a bunch of players nobody else wants. Perhaps because we lock up the players that are important or perhaps because our depth is just meh or a mixture of both.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So at this point we have lost two free agents Tremaine and Case.

we have resigned Poyer, Matakevich, Dodson, Jackson, Martin, Lewis

signed from other teams: Harty, Kyle Allen, McGovern

with the following remaining free agents: Klein, Quessenberry, Saffold, Singletary, Phillips, Lawson, Crowder, Beasley, Taiwan, Van Roten, kumerow, Hart, Murray, Marlowe, Sweeney, Jaquan Johnson

Of the guys from last years team I would like to see Phillips and Lawson back on cheap deals as that would reduce the need to draft another dlineman and allow us to focus on the oline in the draft. I am also a big fan of Singletary - he has a ton of heart and might be fine if we can fix the oline. I am not really surprised these guys have had no takers individually, but collectively we seem to have a bunch of players nobody else wants. Perhaps because we lock up the players that are important or perhaps because our depth is just meh or a mixture of both.

Agreed about Lawson and Phillips, although I can see us drafting a 4th DT this year for Oliver insurance. Q-Berry, Klein, and Pro Bowl Bobby I can see back for depth purposes. Maybe Marlowe too.

Kumerow and Singletary I still think get signed by another team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.