Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Ahh nice thanks. Literally hadn’t seen it 

Think it’s a fair deal for both sides. Poyer never was gonna get 11-12 (maybe after his all pro year on reputation only). But the injuries this year and he just looks less athletic to me / age never gonna get that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

Ahh nice thanks. Literally hadn’t seen it 

Think it’s a fair deal for both sides. Poyer never was gonna get 11-12 (maybe after his all pro year on reputation only). But the injuries this year and he just looks less athletic to me / age never gonna get that. 

Poyer was playing at an All-Pro level again through the first 4 weeks until he was injured on his gw int against the Ravens. Had 4 ints to that point, but he never was the same after that injury and didn't get another one the rest of the year. His 4 ints were still T-11th in the league this year.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, balln said:

Oh how quickly we forget / gloss over things bc we’re fan boys 

https://youtu.be/xqFzSIaSxP4

https://youtu.be/_qTufMaajOU  (poyers fault) 

But I’ll give you. Had a good pff grade 75

prob is he just went through a murderers row of injuries this season. And at 33 he’s NOt going to be the same player 

Far from washed as you claim. Not being a fan boy just stating the obvious. But keep going this is classic

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Poyer was playing at an All-Pro level again through the first 4 weeks until he was injured on his gw int against the Ravens. Had 4 ints to that point, but he never was the same after that injury and didn't get another one the rest of the year. His 4 ints were still T-11th in the league thus year.

Yea but stafford and that OL

titans- lol

pit - lol 

mia - L 

but I hear you. BAD elbow injury from what I heard in camp. Broken ribs. Didn’t he have meniscal tear too. 

there’s a diff bw voted for all pro and truly being all pro (Ed reed , rod woodson) elite athletes / ball hawks. Poyer has outperformed by leaps and miles and is a diamond in the rough hit signing. But I never thought of him as dominant player at his posing. He and Hyde are better tandem than individuals

14 minutes ago, balln said:

Weird. (Not weird I’m sure it’s low / and poyer and his agent prob don’t it publicized ). We don’t have the $ value yet. 

oh I’m not surprised. This regime falls in love with their “process” guys too much. 

This was the year to shed old vets and $. Get more picks over the next two years for a legit run. Kc has 12! 12! Picks. 

Pull yourself out of the deep dark hole. The world is passing you by.

Poyer was having a great start to the season prior to the injuries mourning.  He looked and played like prime Po.  He’s never been a burner

We won every season game in which he played. We lost every game he didn’t play.
He means a lot to this defense 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, balln said:

Oh how quickly we forget / gloss over things bc we’re fan boys 

https://youtu.be/xqFzSIaSxP4

https://youtu.be/_qTufMaajOU  (poyers fault) 

But I’ll give you. Had a good pff grade 75

prob is he just went through a murderers row of injuries this season. And at 33 he’s NOt going to be the same player 

Please go find the non-existent list of safeties that are as fast as Hill and Waddle. Instead of allowing the lowest passer rating in the league, like he did in 2021, now he’s only top 10. What a washed up bum!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Please go find the non-existent list of safeties that are as fast as Hill and Waddle. Instead of allowing the lowest passer rating in the league, like he did in 2021, now he’s only top 10. What a washed up bum!

Meaningless stat. Bills play zone. You have no idea where the team D funnels throws. Which we all know now. 2022 was the year that Dane Jackson got thrown against and every underneath LB zone possible. Keep trying tho. I appreciate it

and I don’t care about the regular season. I care about the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl. He’s not good enough against cincy / kc - barely against Mia. 

go rewatch kc cincy playoff game. Rookie after rookie kc DB made plays against cincy WRs….. have to let old pricey vets walk and have young guys produce !

Edited by balln
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, balln said:

Weird. (Not weird I’m sure it’s low / and poyer and his agent prob don’t it publicized ). We don’t have the $ value yet. 

Do you live under a rock? Look not that hard. Poyer's contract numbers are in this thread. 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

For those keeping score at home, Bills have gained 3 free agents and lost 2, so they are not eligible for the 3rd round comp pick they would get for losing Tremaine Edmunds, per Cover 1 Buffalo podcast. 

I normally don’t care about comp picks, but an extra 3rd would be great, especially with an aging secondary.

Not all UFA qualify as CFA (Compensatory Free Agents).  It's mainly driven on average salary of the contract and there is a $ cutoff.

It's the top 35% of players on the end of season rosters.  I assume the 53 + IR/PUP.

This "cutoff" of the eligible players is where most fans get the "impact of the UFA player to the team".

An admittedly very rough $ value that I came up with is something slightly over $2M per year.  Kyle Allen's contract $s are not in yet.

He may not count as a CFA.  It would then be 2 and 2.  The only realistic chance would be Singletary signing above the CFA level.

Also, any UFAs signed immediately after the draft do not count against as CFAs.  I say that because in Beane's presser he made a

point of bringing up that he will look at players cut because of the draft.

FWIW.

6 minutes ago, balln said:

Meaningless stat. Bills play zone. You have no idea where the team D funnels throws. Which we all know now. 2022 was the year that Dane Jackson got thrown against and every underneath LB zone possible. Keep trying tho. I appreciate it

and I don’t care about the regular season. I care about the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl. He’s not good enough against cincy / kc - barely against Mia. 

go rewatch kc cincy playoff game. Rookie after rookie kc DB made plays against cincy WRs….. have to let old pricey vets walk and have young guys produce !

After second thought.  Go back to that deep dark hole.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Meaningless stat.

Way more meaning than your cherry picked plays

Keep trying tho. I appreciate it

Awwww someone’s trying to act smug and confident because everyone is dumping on their terrible takes

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Do you live under a rock? Look not that hard. Poyer's contract numbers are in this thread. 

It’s starting to look that way

Did you see my reply? Prob not. Troll

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Way more meaning than your cherry picked plays

Awwww someone’s trying to act smug and confident because everyone is dumping on their terrible takes

It’s starting to look that way

Not cherry picked. Just off the top of my head. 

I love how the board instantly gets triggered with posts that don’t align with theirs.

after , god forbid , stepping away for 24 hours and just now seeing poyer contract details 

yea - it’s a great deal for bills. 2.5+ million base guaranteed salary this year. That’s exactly the player who I think / and he actually is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea but stafford and that OL

titans- lol

pit - lol 

mia - L 

but I hear you. BAD elbow injury from what I heard in camp. Broken ribs. Didn’t he have meniscal tear too. 

there’s a diff bw voted for all pro and truly being all pro (Ed reed , rod woodson) elite athletes / ball hawks. Poyer has outperformed by leaps and miles and is a diamond in the rough hit signing. But I never thought of him as dominant player at his posing. He and Hyde are better tandem than individuals

Ok, he's not a dominant player, nor are we paying him as one. His current aav is 26th highest among safeties. 

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Ok, he's not a dominant player, nor are we paying him as one. His current aav is 26th highest among safeties. 

Agreed. market bears the truth. As painful as it may be to players, teams and fans. I think he’s prob 15-25Th best. W Hyde he CAN have top 10 and even top 5 seasons. 

I'll submit your name to Terry Pegula because looking at your posts you obviously know more than Beane and McDermott.  

Talk about a troll...

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't have a 1st on Dotson either. And his rookie year was a tape filled demonstration of why.

Are you kidding?!

Dotson got banged up and still had a great year.

He's a man beater/super quick, and elusive.  He had great body control/ability to get open in confined zones too...given his TD production.

I typically like/agree with your opinions, but not this one.

• Disagree 1

So which one is it? Are we p*ssing and moaning about not signing more of the free agents the armchair GM's want us to sign? Or are we p*ssing and moaning about a 3rd Rd comp pick because we've signed too many people already? Make up your miserable minds. 

58 minutes ago, balln said:

oh I’m not surprised. This regime falls in love with their “process” guys too much. 

This was the year to shed old vets and $. Get more picks over the next two years for a legit run. Kc has 12! 12! Picks. 

Yes we do, keep up. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.