Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We’ll we certainly at least need a RB here

I think Beane is still working that.  I'm not one of those who is against Zeke or Fournette, but there are other options there also.

But if nothing happens - we can always target a bigger RB in the later rounds of the draft.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We’ll we certainly at least need a RB here

Cheap and easy to find. If #2 RB is one of our biggest concerns, then we are doing pretty well.

I know it isnt the top need, and there are a handful of others. But ILB, OG, RB2, and WR2 are all pretty low value positions across the league (maybe not WR2, depending). Could have far worse holes to fill.

Has the comp pick for edmunds shipped sailed ?

we signed 3. Kyle Allen, McGovern , Harty 

we lost 2. Keenum and edmunds.

who the eff is left to lose 2 more ? Only one that may be signed is Singletary…..

we keep signing our own trash. Poyer (sorry he’s washed athletically and it was time to let him go- you gotta move benford or just have the jets PS guy from nyj develop). Dane Jackson. All the special teams guys.

I bet none of those guys would have been signed. 

our team is a bunch of jags 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

OBJ made a statement that he wouldn’t sign for less than 4 mil this season.  I’d take that chance.  Far less than the 20 mil he was rumored to want 

Where did you see this? That's not what the board has been speculating. At that price he's definitely worth a shot.

13 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Is it just me, or do the Bills seem oddly disinterested at replacing Tremaine in Free Agency? I wonder if these 2 LB's have anything to do with that? Because the way it's looking, both may be available at 27...

Campbell is a RAS All-Star (9.98)...The 3rd highest RAS at LB from 2020 on! Simpson is the 11th best RAS (9.83) in that same time period. Both are players you just have to believe McD will want. I think it all depends on how much the Bills continue to value overall roster strength, in lieu of concentrating on building the Offense almost exclusively this Draft. Because the answer at MLB for the Bills will very likely be available at 27...I did not think they would do it. But the way they have addressed it in Free Agency has forced me to hedge a bit. We'll see soon enough I guess...B-)

I forgot when I wrote this that Campbell is training with Luke Kuechly. So McD already has that scoop. Campbell and Kuechly are very similar RAS athletes.. Like really similar... image.thumb.png.a23290393117b721952a77df1ec58d94.png

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, balln said:

who the eff is left to lose 2 more ? Only one that may be signed is Singletary…..

we keep signing our own trash. Poyer (sorry he’s washed athletically and it was time to let him go- you gotta move benford or just have the jets PS guy from nyj develop). Dane Jackson. All the special teams guys.

Poyers running mate was down to like the 4th option at Safety. He played through A LOT of injuries.  Carry on though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Well I stopped reading after you said Poyer was "washed athletically". Hey its you're opinion but in all honesty it's a terrible one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

For those keeping score at home, Bills have gained 3 free agents and lost 2, so they are not eligible for the 3rd round comp pick they would get for losing Tremaine Edmunds, per Cover 1 Buffalo podcast. 

I normally don’t care about comp picks, but an extra 3rd would be great, especially with an aging secondary.

Maybe that's the Pats'* MO: Hold off on signing FA's until the comp picks are settled. You might miss out a bit, but you have an extra 3rd or whatever. To put it another way, is signing Dane Jackson early worth the third-round pick they would have had if they had waited?

9 minutes ago, balln said:

That’s not the way comp picks work it’s the value  to the team low level free agent signings don’t impact a linebacker who signed the largest contract in football 

2 minutes ago, finn said:

Maybe that's the Pats'* MO: Hold off on signing FA's until the comp picks are settled. You might miss out a bit, but you have an extra 3rd or whatever. To put it another way, is signing Dane Jackson early worth the third-round pick they would have had if they had waited?

Yea I mean that’s a good point. And it also gets back to what I very eerily fear from this regime. 

they fall in love with their players way way way too much. Both in pre draft process. let’s be honest. They have been Mr trade up and take guys earlier than slotted (ford , edmunds, Bernard , Zay jones) 

And then in free agency. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s not the way comp picks work it’s the value  to the team low level free agent signings don’t impact a linebacker who signed the largest contract in football 

I thought you first had to have net lost players ? Then you the rd of pick you get is based on what you mentioned 

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I forgot when I wrote this that Campbell is training with Luke Kuechly. So McD already has that scoop. Campbell and Kuechly are very similar RAS athletes.. Like really similar... image.thumb.png.a23290393117b721952a77df1ec58d94.png

This is a quite plausible suggestion and it does make sense of their current lack of urgency to replace Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

Yea I mean that’s a good point. And it also gets back to what I very eerily fear from this regime. 

they fall in love with their players way way way too much. Both in pre draft process. let’s be honest. They have been Mr trade up and take guys earlier than slotted (ford , edmunds, Bernard , Zay jones) 

And then in free agency. 

I thought you first had to have net lost players ? Then you the rd of pick you get is based on what you mentioned 

Nope it’s value to the team it may not be a third now but it will be either a 4th or 5th

9 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Well I stopped reading after you said Poyer was "washed athletically". Hey its you're opinion but in all honesty it's a terrible one.

Oh how quickly we forget / gloss over things bc we’re fan boys 

https://youtu.be/xqFzSIaSxP4

https://youtu.be/_qTufMaajOU  (poyers fault) 

But I’ll give you. Had a good pff grade 75

prob is he just went through a murderers row of injuries this season. And at 33 he’s NOt going to be the same player 

• Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Oh how quickly we forget / gloss over things bc we’re fan boys 

https://youtu.be/xqFzSIaSxP4

https://youtu.be/_qTufMaajOU  (poyers fault) 

But I’ll give you. Had a good pff grade 75

prob is he just went through a murderers row of injuries this season. And at 33 he’s NOt going to be the same player 

They must think he has something left to give him a 2 yr contract. Even folks who are dissatisfied with McD usually admit that he knows defensive backs.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

They must think he has something left to give him a 2 yr contract. Even folks who are dissatisfied with McD usually admit that he knows defensive backs.

Weird. (Not weird I’m sure it’s low / and poyer and his agent prob don’t it publicized ). We don’t have the $ value yet. 

oh I’m not surprised. This regime falls in love with their “process” guys too much. 

This was the year to shed old vets and $. Get more picks over the next two years for a legit run. Kc has 12! 12! Picks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

Weird. (Not weird I’m sure it’s low / and poyer and his agent prob don’t it publicized ). We don’t have the $ value yet. 

oh I’m not surprised. This regime falls in love with their “process” guys too much. 

This was the year to shed old vets and $. Get more picks over the next two years for a legit run. Kc has 12! 12! Picks. 

Um... Yes we do?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jordan-poyer-12500/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %246%2C250%2C000.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.