Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

I’m not the guy that complains about us not doing enough. This team has been great the last handful of years here and I’m truly appreciative. Im

so happy that Fraizer is gone and we will be better for that alone…but what are we actually doing here? Poyer being back is big but what’s the plan at WR/RB/OL/MLB? I’m not saying we are running out of time or anything but we definitely haven’t gotten any better here.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not the guy that complains about us not doing enough. This team has been great the last handful of years here and I’m truly appreciative. Im

so happy that Fraizer is gone and we will be better for that alone…but what are we actually doing here? Poyer being back is big but what’s the plan at WR/RB/OL/MLB? I’m not saying we are running out of time or anything but we definitely haven’t gotten any better here.

There are still players left in FA, a draft coming and then post-draft player releases. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Its certainly been … interesting. 

They must’ve targeted McGovern from jump because they locked that up QUICK.  

Then we spend more on Deonte Harty than Parris Campbell got?… Seems we had competition for him, so maybe he’s going to show us why this year.  

Poyer re-signs, Kyle Allen backup QB and a few low level/ST’s re-signings. 

Then… crickets …. People signing all over the place for wildly cheap deals at positions we could upgrade.  

Deonte Harty reportedly took less to sign with us due to the fit, so maybe the inverse is happening with some of these guys against us.. or we’re just not interested. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Left out "No Burst"

We dont need burst from Zeke. That is what James Cook, who will be getting the majority of carries, is for.

We need Zeke for short yardage, or when we get inside the 5 yard line. He still has enough power, and his top-level instincts and vision, to find the right opening and power through for the TD.

Even being worn down, he had as many rushing TDs last year (12) as Josh (7) and Singletary (5) combined.

Need him to compliment Cook like he did Pollard.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 6

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We dont need burst from Zeke. That is what James Cook, who will be getting the majority of carriers, is for.

We need Zeke for short yardage, or when we get inside the 5 yard line. He still has enough power, and his top-level instincts and vision, to find the right opening and power through for the TD.

Even being worn down, he had as many rushing TDs last year (12) as Josh (7) and Singletary (5) combined.

Do we get the Cowboys 2022 Oline for these short yardage rushing situations? 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its certainly been … interesting. 

They must’ve targeted McGovern from jump because they locked that up QUICK.  

Then we spend more on Deonte Harty than Parris Campbell got?… Seems we had competition for him, so maybe he’s going to show us why this year.  

Poyer re-signs, Kyle Allen backup QB and a few low level/ST’s re-signings. 

Then… crickets …. People signing all over the place for wildly cheap deals at positions we could upgrade.  

Deonte Harty reportedly took less to sign with us due to the fit, so maybe the inverse is happening with some of these guys against us.. or we’re just not interested. 

I have very little confidence in a guy that tiny. I’m not sure if the plan is to find a Tyreek Hill style player but I seriously doubt this guy is it. And with the unexplainable obsession with STs…I’m sure that’s a plan here too. Which, why are we bringing Hines back then? This team just will not get away from these STs roster spots. The truth is, STs has been almost rendered useless 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They have 7 draft picks and it’s still March.  I wouldn’t hit the panic button yet 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well he was their starting OG and Zeke runs inside. So if he is so poor in run blocking, it must mean Zeke can still contribute himself. Problem solved.

You have a fair point. If we can wizard him him at the vet min of $1,165,000 he might be worthwhile. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

For those keeping score at home, Bills have gained 3 free agents and lost 2, so they are not eligible for the 3rd round comp pick they would get for losing Tremaine Edmunds, per Cover 1 Buffalo podcast. 

I normally don’t care about comp picks, but an extra 3rd would be great, especially with an aging secondary.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have very little confidence in a guy that tiny. I’m not sure if the plan is to find a Tyreek Hill style player but I seriously doubt this guy is it. And with the unexplainable obsession with STs…I’m sure that’s a plan here too. Which, why are we bringing Hines back then? This team just will not get away from these STs roster spots. The truth is, STs has been almost rendered useless 

If Harty turns out to be the next Tyreke Hill in hiding, then Beane will be the executive of the year.  If he performs at his historical production levels, we need a new GM.  Truth probably lies somewhere in between. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chaos said:

You have a fair point. If we can wizard him him at the vet min of $1,165,000 he might be worthwhile. 

Yeah man, I'm not trying to give him $10M/yr, although i think vet min is equally unlikely. But if we can get him on like 2/$10M fully guaranteed. Or 3/$15M fully guaranteed with the 3rd year being void. Then why not?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah man, I'm not trying to give him $10M/yr, although i think vet min is equally unlikely. But if we can get him on like 2/$10M fully guaranteed. Or 3/$15M fully guaranteed with the 3rd year being void. Then why not?

Of all the high priced dreamy vets people all star studded in love with I'd take him over the rest. He reminds me of several RBs who went on to a second stint and did beyond what was expected. Who was the [maybe] Cards RB that went to the Jets?  I think Zeke could be a factor here with Cook and I'd bring back Singleterry. Hines can stay, too.

I don't know what the plan will be for Jones, however. I'd keep Jones over Hines. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

Of all the high priced dreamy vets people all star studded in love with I'd take him over the rest. He reminds me of several RBs who went on to a second stint and did beyond what was expected. Who was the [maybe] Cards RB that went to the Jets?  I think Zeke could be a factor here with Cook and I'd bring back Singleterry. Hines can stay, too.

I don't know what the plan will be for Jones, however. I'd keep Jones over Hines. 

Are you talking about James Robinson from the Jaguars? When Breece Hall went down, they picked him up, and I expected him to have a much bigger impact. Turns out I was wrong.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We dont need burst from Zeke. That is what James Cook, who will be getting the majority of carries, is for.

Zeke doesn’t even look

good running short yardage. He gets blown up. And so now. A bills team that gets blown up routinely on obvious 3/4 and short plays. Going to trot out mr im going to run Zeke ? Nah. Hard pass

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I'm not sure why anyone expects us to make a lot of moves, or even more than what we've made.  

We simply don't have the cash this year.  Frankly, I'm kind of thrilled that we signed a starter, and another guy who will get a lot of playing time.  And we only really lost Edmunds.

Because they have a bit more cap, I think we'll see one more signing (of someone who is more than depth).  But I'm not necessarily expecting it, and won't be that disappointed if nothing happens. We've already done more than I thought we would.

For most of the positions you mentioned, we'll likely be looking to the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I'm not sure why anyone expects us to make a lot of moves, or even more than what we've made.  

We simply don't have the cash this year.  Frankly, I'm kind of thrilled that we signed a starter, and another guy who will get a lot of playing time.  And we only really lost Edmunds.

Because they have a bit more cap, I think we'll see one more signing (of someone who is more than depth).  But I'm not necessarily expecting it, and won't be that disappointed if nothing happens. We've already done more than I thought we would.

For most of the positions you mentioned, we'll likely be looking to the draft.

We’ll we certainly at least need a RB here

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.