Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

10 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I’m fully expecting him to be the pick at 27

I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed. My wife is from Iowa and we follow and watch them every game! He was nothing short of being awesome! Everywhere all the time. Guy is just a fantastic ball payer!

Btw the tight end LaPorta is a dam good tight end! Would’ve had much better stats but the QB was hot garbage!! Kid is gonna be a solid pro!!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Which is why we should only sign him, or any RB, for cheap.  

If he had burst, we wouldn’t be able to afford him. 

That's like "Don't worry now that he's terrible he'll be cheap."

What about the part about him being terrible, why would we want any part of that.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's like "Don't worry now that he's terrible he'll be cheap."

What about the part about him being terrible, why would we want any part of that.

He has a knack for getting tough yards.   Uses his power well, understands angles and has the ability to knife through contact. 

He takes that off Allen’s shoulders and is elite in pass pro. 

I get why people don’t want him.  I would, for cheap. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW, that account has a pinned thread showing verification of a whole bunch of their rumors that ended up happening.  Henry was also reported to be available by Michael Silver……. Per official NBC SNF account

I personally think Henry has 2, maybe 3 strong seasons left. I make this deal and adjust the offense accordingly. This is the way.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Everyone has an opinion, but I see Zay and Downs as 1st round talents.

There's skills in both of these guys that translate very well in our offense, and traits we look for.  

Both of them remind me of Dotson LY, and have a little Stefon/Tyler Lockett style.  

I see the OL as pretty much set.  Biggest unknown is MLB, and what they plan there.  But our 1st pick is either WR or MLB, as of now...def worthy candidates at both spots.

I think Flowers is a 1st round talent for sure...He's getting dinged on size, and only size. Admittedly he's not a big WR. But if the Bills Drafted him at #27, I'd be excited...He's dynamic in the open field. Very quick and elusive. I could care less about his size. He plays like he knows he's the best guy out there. What we've seen Waddle and Wilson do, Flowers will do as well if you get him into space. I'm not sure there is a single player that has grown on me more than Zay in this Draft. The more I think about him, the more I want the Bills to land him. I was all Jalin Hyatt early...But Flowers is right there with Hyatt for me now.  They are both home run pieces. But Flowers is the more versatile...at least right now.

I could see Downs going to a team like KC late in the 1st...I doubt Downs gets past Carolina at #39... B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just watch some Iowa games on the ESPN app. Guy is just awesome. He plays zone like he has eyes in the back of his head, sheds, fills, pursues, and I see sideline to sideline work despite the assumption “big long white guy can’t run.” He can run and carry the seam. He’s a big stronger version of Fred Warner. He’s a dude. Someone mentioned in another thread, that Campbell is training with Luke Keuchly. In theory, he could come to his pre Draft visit (assuming he has one) and already know the entire playbook. 

Trenton Simpson is different. Some websites compare him to JOK of the Browns. Simpson is bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive. He looks like he came out of a lab to play for McDermott. Oozes process too. If you watch his games, last year he was more of a flex nickel edge player. This past year he played in the box as a stack backer, so you see a lot of different skills. I would be ecstatic with either honestly. Simpson hits like a fright train, speed, all over the field and he is an awesome blitzer.

As this process continues, because these guys are such amazing, incredibly smart young men, they are going to rise up draft boards. 

Is it just me, or do the Bills seem oddly disinterested at replacing Tremaine in Free Agency? I wonder if these 2 LB's have anything to do with that? Because the way it's looking, both may be available at 27...

Campbell is a RAS All-Star (9.98)...The 3rd highest RAS at LB from 2020 on! Simpson is the 11th best RAS (9.83) in that same time period. Both are players you just have to believe McD will want. I think it all depends on how much the Bills continue to value overall roster strength, in lieu of concentrating on building the Offense almost exclusively this Draft. Because the answer at MLB for the Bills will very likely be available at 27...I did not think they would do it. But the way they have addressed it in Free Agency has forced me to hedge a bit. We'll see soon enough I guess...B-)

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.