Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He would definitely start here.

At the very least he would make it so that Spencer Brown isn't handed a starting job for free. I'd like to think Brown wins the competition but if he doesn't, you could do worse than Shell as a starting caliber RT.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

At the very least he would make it so that Spencer Brown isn't handed a starting job for free. I'd like to think Brown wins the competition but if he doesn't, you could do worse than Shell as a starting caliber RT.

I mean I think you could, but not a lot worse...  I agree with the rest. He meets my "make Brown win the job" criteria. But this is a competiton I'd price Spencer up as 70-30 fave.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Teams with franchise QBs have multiple windows. This one feels like it’s closing. It’s just frustrating to see other teams taking big swings and the Bills more or less running it back.

2025 is the end of the current bills run by then they’ll recalibrate with Von likely retiring and Diggs likely traded cause of no dead cap hit. They’ll recalibrate and be back at it 2027 when Josh is around 29 or 30 

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

All good man. I saw some good things from Bernard in the Jets game. A few rookie mistakes as well. I know this, he is not a mike. Does he ever become serviceable? Yeah maybe. If McDermott starts running more of the 4-3 under stuff I could see Bernard being the Shaq Thompson role. Milano is Thomas Davis. We are still missing the Kuechly role. 

Right now its really just Wagner or draft, or maybe somebody bets cut. I love Jack Campbell, Trenton Simpson is more their flavor, but we shall see. 

Campbell, although I've really only read on him and watched some YouTube, has great size and is a sure tackler. I'd be happy here too. 

47 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of Buzz about Hopkins to Cowboys. 

Good, they are fools

41 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Teams with franchise QBs have multiple windows. This one feels like it’s closing. It’s just frustrating to see other teams taking big swings and the Bills more or less running it back.

It's a retool year. Should be. The Bills missed on the 5 yr window.

It should be a get lean and cut vets/ high salary season.

Hasn't worked out that way.

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thoughts on FA so far?

Meh. I like McGovern a little more than the consensus (a thousand times more than I liked the corpse of Saffold a year ago) it seems but don't think he is a difference maker. The rest is a bit much of a muchness.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Thing is Brown was just as bad his rookie year as he was last season…I specifically remember him being downright atrocious against KC in 2021 divisional game….Hopefully light goes on because they are going with him as starter…. And unfortunately looks the same with Gabe Davis. 

He was up and down his rookie year with some very bad games. But he sat out a year before his rookie season I believe and hoped an offseason would do him good. He never got that.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. I like McGovern a little more than the consensus (a thousand times more than I liked the corpse of Saffold a year ago) it seems but don't think he is a difference maker. The rest is a bit much of a muchness.

Not too happy about Harty I take it?  Have you watched any tape or were you familiar with him prior to becoming a Bill?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.