Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You missed him sucking.

And if people don't want to take your word for it, the coaching staff gave him almost no defensive snaps after his awful showing against the Jets. He was even inactive for the divisional round. They clearly had no faith in him and I'll be shocked if he's really the plan at MLB. Dodson I could maybe see even though I wouldn't be comfortable with that solution at all.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

If he can get the job done, what on earth do his height and weight matter?

Generally smaller guys get swallowed up in the traffic. It’s certainly not prototypical size. We were already soft to run against, I’m really hopeful he’s not the option in the middle. 

I wish the kid tons of success, but my preference is that would be on the outside in more of a coverage role (like Milano he played some safety in college). 

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

If I could go back and undo that Hines trade, I would. I would rather that the Bills have that pick.

It’s just so frustrating that Beane has ZERO sense of urgency about the closing of a SB window. He needed to take a big swing and he continues to bunt.  

Huh? Are we expecting Josh to fall off a cliff in 2 years? Are we never going to sign another free agent after this year? Oh every draft pick we have will never ever pan out, is that the way you see it?  

28 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

If I could go back and undo that Hines trade, I would. I would rather that the Bills have that pick.

It’s just so frustrating that Beane has ZERO sense of urgency about the closing of a SB window. He needed to take a big swing and he continues to bunt.  

If I could go back it’s 2021 trade deadline. Beane didn’t want to trade for Von Miller because he didn’t know if he could sign him.

Von would’ve been the difference during the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillzFreak said:

Huh? Are we expecting Josh to fall off a cliff in 2 years? Are we never going to sign another free agent after this year? Oh every draft pick we have will never ever pan out, is that the way you see it?  

Teams with franchise QBs have multiple windows. This one feels like it’s closing. It’s just frustrating to see other teams taking big swings and the Bills more or less running it back.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

No problem. My bad getting salty. I actually liked Edmond a fair amount. I feel like it was a scheme issue more than a player issue. I see Bernard as a guy that if im Not not mistaken was a healthy scratch at times when Edmonds was out. Dodson, I have some faith in but I'm not sold long term. What are your thoughts on drafting as opposed to grabbing a FA?  

All good man. I saw some good things from Bernard in the Jets game. A few rookie mistakes as well. I know this, he is not a mike. Does he ever become serviceable? Yeah maybe. If McDermott starts running more of the 4-3 under stuff I could see Bernard being the Shaq Thompson role. Milano is Thomas Davis. We are still missing the Kuechly role. 

Right now its really just Wagner or draft, or maybe somebody bets cut. I love Jack Campbell, Trenton Simpson is more their flavor, but we shall see. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

In 2018 we weren't in our Super Bowl window. No way we can go into this draft desperate for a MLB. If the board doesn't fall the right way, we're screwed.

maybe it could fall like this though

image.thumb.png.d055c8593677cbd06d3fe0ec0ef0fa1b.png

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Teams with franchise QBs have multiple windows. This one feels like it’s closing. It’s just frustrating to see other teams taking big swings and the Bills more or less running it back.

They took a swing by grabbing von Miller last year, and expected Gabe Davis and Mckenzie to step up. It didn't happen obviously. But don't act like they haven't taken a swing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, papazoid said:

had to look these up...lol

jets - DT Sheldon Rankins , DT Nathan Shepherd, QB mike white and whatever they gotta do to fit rodgers

miami - gesicki, byron jones, LB Roberts and 18 free agents ??

Thanks. I was too lazy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.