Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Speaking of which do we have a DC yet or will McDermott be HC/DC.

Beane said they won't be bringing in an outside guy and Jordan Poyer actually slipped and said "McDermott is still a really great defensive coordinator, errr, I mean defensive-minded head coach."

McDermott is going to call the plays imo. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I've said this before.  The Bills D is a consistent performer but short on big plays.  Chiefs D is pretty much the opposite, but get big plays in big moments

Basically the chiefs coaching staff/GM owns the bills and the rest of the league 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I've said this before.  The Bills D is a consistent performer but short on big plays.  Chiefs D is pretty much the opposite, but get big plays in big moments

Yes! And I’ve always blamed the players. Chris Jones and Frank Clark always step up their game in the playoffs. Frank Clark in particular may be a disappointment in the regular season but come playoffs he is dominating.

We don’t have anyone on defense that steps up. Maybe Taron Johnson? That’s why they went and got Von. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes! And I’ve always blamed the players. Chris Jones and Frank Clark always step up their game in the playoffs. Frank Clark in particular may be a disappointment in the regular season but come playoffs he is dominating.

We don’t have anyone on defense that steps up. Maybe Taron Johnson? That’s why they went and got Von. 

I think having Micah out really hurt as well on the back end. But the pass rush is still the issue. Von alone can't be the only guy who can get to the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gesicki to the Patriots on a 1 year deal up to $9 mil
Mariota to the Eagles on a 1 year $5mil up to $8mil

I think Gesicki would have been a perfect fit in Denver with the way Payton uses TE's like him. Jimmy Graham type of numbers. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He'll be used as a big slot receiver and probably have 900 receiving and 10 TDs for them 

His QB is McCorkle.......

magic8ball-simpsons.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think having Micah out really hurt as well on the back end. But the pass rush is still the issue. Von alone can't be the only guy who can get to the QB. 

Having Von on the field opens up opportunities for others though. Particularly Groot, who faces double teams when Von isn’t on the field. There are also other ways to get pressure, by being more aggressive with the blitz at key times. 

Not saying I wouldn’t be thrilled to add another pass rush threat, but we probably have bigger needs to fill.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

So we’ve got Von and Davis pulling for King Henry… 

No idea how they’d fit that under the cap…

Trade would have to involve a player.    If you can trade Oliver and a 3rd for Henry you basically lose nothing in cap space.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, TOboy said:

Having Von on the field opens up opportunities for others though. Particularly Groot, who faces double teams when Von isn’t on the field. There are also other ways to get pressure, by being more aggressive with the blitz at key times. 

Not saying I wouldn’t be thrilled to add another pass rush threat, but we probably have bigger needs to fill.

We have bigger needs….but other than QB, there is no bigger need than pass rush.  If von doesn’t come back the same or if someone else gets injured, we’re in trouble.

Wouldn’t doubt it if Nolan Smith was our pick @ 27

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Frank Clark is available! Leonard Floyd as well. I think a veteran pass rusher will be added. They’ll also re-sign Jordan Phillips.

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

So we’ve got Von and Davis pulling for King Henry… 

No idea how they’d fit that under the cap…

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Trade would have to involve a player.  

No-  renegotiate his contract and possibly restructure others

• Agree 3

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Frank Clark is available! Leonard Floyd as well. I think a veteran pass rusher will be added. They’ll also re-sign Jordan Phillips.

I love Frank Clark. I always have. Floyd to me is a nickel player or more of a 3-4 edge. But he works as well. I think they draft an end somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love Frank Clark. I always have. Floyd to me is a nickel player or more of a 3-4 edge. But he works as well. I think they draft an end somewhere. 

The 2nd round?....................

maybe-lavell-crawford.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No-  renegotiate his contract and possibly restructure others

I still don’t really see that happening due to his cost and the cost to get him, but it’s awesome when our players try to recruit guys. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do you mean Von and DaQuan? 

Whoops, yes I did

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Gesicki would have been a perfect fit in Denver with the way Payton uses TE's like him. Jimmy Graham type of numbers. 

His QB is McCorkle.......

magic8ball-simpsons.gif

I think that’s a good fit for Gesicki.  I liked the idea of bringing him here, but Gesicki wins with his length and jumping ability.  Touch passers like Fitz and Mccorkle are a better fit for him than Josh.  Guys that throw it up there even when he doesn’t look open.  Josh does better with guys like Diggs and Beasley who create a lot of separation and Josh uses his Howitzer to get the ball to them.  Probably why the Bills preferred Harty.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.