Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If we’re going to spend on a RB, I’m to the point where it’s go big or go home. 

A Miles Sanders signing with his contract would have been maddening, but I can talk myself into Derrick Henry for a couple years. 

Just not sure what we’d be getting when our entire OL philosophy is based on pass blocking and athleticism …. But those light boxes though….

I think we’d get a ton of RPO’s.   I’d hate to be the defender having to make that decision.  If the O-line is even just decent,  Henry would  be trouble.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol how can you call the Bills drafting “subpar” but object when asked to compare it with other teams?  How is par established in your view?

Par is the suggested and desired score on each individual golfing hole on an 18 hole golf course.  Birdies are good!

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree with you, but Beane will have to fight the urge to force the pick if the value isn’t there…If he is set on LB with the first pick, I hope he trades back…👍

At 27, unless a talent like Robinson is there, they should be trying to trade back anyway.  We can most definitely  use an extra 3rd.  Problem is:  who would teams be trading up for?

7 minutes ago, purple haze said:

At 27, unless a talent like Robinson is there, they should be trying to trade back anyway.  We can most definitely  use an extra 3rd.  Problem is:  who would teams be trading up for?

Tanner McGee

The Chiefs' interior O Line is top 2 or 3 in the league. QBs like Mahomes (and Allen) can deal with weak tackles (RT in particular) a lot easier than the middle being blown up in their faces. The Chiefs tackles were solid but not as good as their middle-3. 

Allen was usually okay when Spencer was flopping, and some of our best highlight reel plays came from Allen reacting favorably to Spencer getting beat, almost as if he wanted it to happen that way. But nothing good happened when Saffold got blown up. 

18 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Tanner McKee, from Stanford?  

Ehhh, I don’t know about that.   I can’t see him going  in the first.  

He is like the next qb off the board after the initial run.   If someone like the saints or Seahawks wants him, they might trade up.  If Robinson is gone , there does not seem to be other positional players that are so talented teams are going to move up. 

Saints are not a good example they would wait until 29. The bills and bengals are not going qb. But if day the Seahawks liked him at 37 and thought the saints liked him at 29. They might trade to move up ahead of the saints 

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

KC’s O-line has had multiple elite players.

they also have the best TE in the league and quite a few quality depth pieces that contribute.  

Mahomes is a better pure passer than Allen. 

I don’t think it’s possible to rank Allen ahead of Mahomes. Bills fans like my friends need to accept it until Allen can prove otherwise. It’s ok to have the 2nd best QB 🤓

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I don’t think it’s possible to rank Allen ahead of Mahomes. Bills fans like my friends need to accept it until Allen can prove otherwise. It’s ok to have the 2nd best QB 🤓

I think what Mahomes and even Burrow show that Allen hasn't as much is consistency. BUT....Id like to see Allen with the Oline of KC and the weapons that Both KC and Cinci have and then gage how the three stack. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I think what Mahomes and even Burrow show that Allen hasn't as much is consistency. BUT....Id like to see Allen with the Oline of KC and the weapons that Both KC and Cinci have and then gage how the three stack. 

Consistency is definitely the differentiator.  

Allen’s high is higher than anyone, but he doesn’t have the same baseline Mahomes has week to week.  

It’s also true that Mahomes has had better coaching, protection and weapons than Allen every year. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.