Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, Blank Stare said:

For as much as we’d hate to allocate the $ to Henry, I’d bet none of us would give a damn about that come the season when he’s punishing dudes. Him and Josh in the backfield would be a sight to see. 

I have to admit, watching teams have to stack the box or watch Henry just blow up the middle is a fun thought.  I like the idea of each player taking pressure off the other

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

fair take.  Minus the bolded- 

Over the chiefs?  Yes…..we beat them….. in KC. Then we lost Von Miller.  Did KC win the SB without Chris Jones?  No…..he was healthy and dominated.  KC was very healthy cone playoffs and won the SB.  They were the best healthy team standing.  OT helps that they have a great coaching staff.  

over the bengals, sure, we can beat them.  They’ve lost a bunch of very good players.  They’re about to pay Burrow and Higgins their talent level will be less and less every year going forward.  They’re a great team….but they aren’t unbeatable by any means.

Leslie is gone and the D is on McD now. I think that will be an upgrade as I think McD will be more aggressive and less predictable.  

we had a rookie OC who was in over his head and learning;  a RT coming off back surgery; lost 2 all pro defenders and a third was injured all year. All pro corner coming back from acl; we had a team mate die on the field; the owner/President had a heart attack and was in bad shape.  On top of all that, we had Rodger Saffold playing Lg all year…….

And we beat the chiefs.  In KC.  People act as if that didn’t happen and the chiefs rolled us.  Cinci rolled us…..  and may again-  but they’ve lost some very good players and will continue to lose more. 

Can we win the SB next year?  Absolutely.  Will we?  Who knows.  If we stay healthy we have as good a shot as anyone. 

That's a great post New Era.  Getting rid of Frazier is addition by subtraction.  You got no sense of energy passion or urgency with Leslie Frazier on the sideline.  He looked like he was at one long funeral all season long.  Nothing positive coming from that.  Need more guys playing like there hair is on fire.  Lets Go.  I expect a new hunger from everyone in the organization come next summer at Bills camp. 

The O line still needs work.  But I expect there to be some improvements besides McGovern come next training camp and some more juice at WR.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Last year many of us wanted Chandler Jones. Most of the DE’s were signed, then Beane went out and got Von.

feels similar with RB’s 

I feel like we are perpetually the team everyone talks about either drafting a RB early or trading for a big name RB, it's like there's an obsession with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok.. if we want a power back but weren’t in on this, it makes me wonder if we’re really looking at a big fish RB.. which would be dumb, but we apparently signed a guy who’s better at RG to play LG so our RG who prefers LG can stay at RG.  

What do I know.. 

Who's on first?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

For as much as we’d hate to allocate the $ to Henry, I’d bet none of us would give a damn about that come the season when he’s punishing dudes. Him and Josh in the backfield would be a sight to see. 

If we’re going to spend on a RB, I’m to the point where it’s go big or go home. 

A Miles Sanders signing with his contract would have been maddening, but I can talk myself into Derrick Henry for a couple years. 

Just not sure what we’d be getting when our entire OL philosophy is based on pass blocking and athleticism …. But those light boxes though….

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

If we’re going to spend on a RB, I’m to the point where it’s go big or go home. 

A Miles Sanders signing with his contract would have been maddening, but I can talk myself into Derrick Henry for a couple years. 

I'm actually warming to the idea myself.

28 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Though I want nothing to do with trading any picks for a vet RB, I have to admit to being SO curious how Henry would fare on an Offense that teams are almost forced to Defend Pass 1st...I mean...Josh Allen is still the Bills QB...Henry would be in completely foreign territory. And I'm not saying he would fit. But it sure as heck would be interesting to see play out. B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Though I want nothing to do with trading any picks for a vet RB, I have to admit to being SO curious how Henry would fare on an Offense that teams are almost forced to Defend Pass 1st...I mean...Josh Allen is still the Bills QB...Henry would be in completely foreign territory. And I'm not saying he would fit. But it sure as heck would be interesting to see play out. B-)

The play action game would look stunning as well. So many possibilities and ideas. Henry always scares me when in red zone or short yard's situations.  

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, no. The Bills have had their number the past few games, but the Chiefs have two SB wins in the past four years while the Bills have 0 and always find a way to blow it. 

There is nobody, outside of a Bills homer that would say the Bills are better than the Chiefs.

Well if not for 13 seconds that would be 3 wins in a row. The problem for the Bills is The Bengals came in and took the Bills lunch money in their own stadium getting by Cincy should be what they are worried about.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.