Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

5 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

FA still available that would be good pickups for the bills:

Saftey- Jabril Peppers

LB- Bobby Wagner, Drue Tranquil

DT- Poona Ford

RB- foreman, Harris, hunt 

WR- OBJ, Chark, Landry, hardman, Theilan, golladay also interesting at a vet min contract 

OL- issac seumalo, risner, George fant, isiah Wynn, eleumanor

TE-

Peppers signed w/ NE*

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Seumalo OR Brown is what I meant… Either way those two would be no doubter upgrades… Beane has this tendency to take flyers on risk/reward players offensively and he’s been awful at it.

I’m aware. They’ve signed what looks like a solid slot WR with speed to replace McKenzie and a Guard who SHOULD be an upgrade over Saffold… FA isn’t over, but do you really think another middling addition here or there on top of the draft takes this team over the top to the SB ahead of Chiefs/Bengals?.. hell even the East?

I’ve stated my opinion on what I think they need to get over the top over and over(Ironically, it was reported in season some players felt the same way in regards to a certain player signing)… if you disagree that’s fine.

fair take.  Minus the bolded- 

Over the chiefs?  Yes…..we beat them….. in KC. Then we lost Von Miller.  Did KC win the SB without Chris Jones?  No…..he was healthy and dominated.  KC was very healthy cone playoffs and won the SB.  They were the best healthy team standing.  OT helps that they have a great coaching staff.  

over the bengals, sure, we can beat them.  They’ve lost a bunch of very good players.  They’re about to pay Burrow and Higgins their talent level will be less and less every year going forward.  They’re a great team….but they aren’t unbeatable by any means.

Leslie is gone and the D is on McD now. I think that will be an upgrade as I think McD will be more aggressive and less predictable.  

we had a rookie OC who was in over his head and learning;  a RT coming off back surgery; lost 2 all pro defenders and a third was injured all year. All pro corner coming back from acl; we had a team mate die on the field; the owner/President had a heart attack and was in bad shape.  On top of all that, we had Rodger Saffold playing Lg all year…….

And we beat the chiefs.  In KC.  People act as if that didn’t happen and the chiefs rolled us.  Cinci rolled us…..  and may again-  but they’ve lost some very good players and will continue to lose more. 

Can we win the SB next year?  Absolutely.  Will we?  Who knows.  If we stay healthy we have as good a shot as anyone. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Hitting on 27 is Darnell Wright or Zay Flowers

Hitting on 58 is John Michael Schmitz, Cody mauch or Steve Avila 

This is special.  Now “hitting” is picking the guys you want.  How about Casey Matthews in the 4th.  Is that a hit?

I expected at least some production metric…..not names.  

If the Bills pick Flowers will you be back on here two years from now whining because Rashee Rice has far exceeded him?

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Good question…I would like to see both picks eventually turn into at least pro bowl picks…

We need our new young talent to start representing a new foundation for the team or we will start to become a mediocre team- even with Josh…

5 years ago it was Tre, Josh and Edmund- It was a good start, but there has been very little since…

Lol your measure for success at pick 58 is pro bowler.  It would be interesting to see how many of the last 10-20 pick 58’s did that.  But Beane’s a failure without it?

Better yet, look to see if there is ANY year in the last 20 where picks 27 and 58 we’re both Pro Bowlers.

Geez.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is special.  Now “hitting” is picking the guys you want.  How about Casey Matthews in the 4th.  Is that a hit?

I expected at least some production metric…..not names.  

If the Bills pick Flowers will you be back on here two years from now whining because Rashee Rice has far exceeded him?

Lol your measure for success at pick 58 is pro bowler.  It would be interesting to see how many of the last 10-20 pick 58’s did that.  But Beane’s a failure without it?  Geez.

Not that he’d be a failure- just that he is due to hit on a few picks Imo…

2 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

Ok.. if we want a power back but weren’t in on this, it makes me wonder if we’re really looking at a big fish RB.. which would be dumb, but we apparently signed a guy who’s better at RG to play LG so our RG who prefers LG can stay at RG.  

What do I know.. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Ok.. if we want a power back but weren’t in on this, it makes me wonder if we’re really looking at a big fish RB.. which would be dumb, but we apparently signed a guy who’s better at RG to play LG so our RG who prefers LG can stay at RG.  

What do I know.. 

or Foreman went to the Bears expecting to get more touches than here?

• Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

What do I know.. 

Do you think this is possibly draft-strategy related? We’ve been “in” on every RB but have yet to get one. Maybe this makes a team before us considering what we may do at pick 27 should Bijan fall to us.

… I'm thinking too much into this.

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What do I know.. 

As your frustration grows, less and less.  

This is the first time I’ve noticed you’re such a whiner.  You’ve gone off the deep end my man.  Come back to us.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

We have basically just been treading water while the other teams in our division load up. I don't understand how Beane isn't making moves while we see players take below-market deals

Confusing. It is the stuff that makes you think ego. Wants to do it with the guys he drafted. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Confusing. It is the stuff that makes you think ego. Wants to do it with the guys he drafted. 

I want to disagree but the insistence this regime has on playing their draft picks for way too long even when they suck is hard to argue with. Spencer Brown has no business starting. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not out of the realm… though the division got better, the Chiefs and Bengals ARE already better… counting on middling FAs and the draft and I don’t see them getting the one seed next season and I think it’s possible they even lose out to Miami or NYJ in division. 

My point is merely staying the course is the wrong way to go about things…. They need a splash signing offensively… but yea, I could be wrong and all the chips could fall into place and they find a way. As of now, I’m super doubtful of that like I was the WRs and offensive line were good enough entering last season.

I don’t see how the chiefs are better.  Sorry.  They didn’t beat us. We beat them.  

regarding the rest-  I feel ya man.  I agree with most of it except the need part. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.