Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Anyone interested in Frank Clark or Melvin Ingram? 

anything that add to the pass rush should be on the table... we still suck at rushing the passer. Not going to beat Mahomes and all the other great QB's in the AFC  without a pass rush.  seems we sure as hell can't draft one. 

Edited by gordong
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Maybe, but both are being paid starter money. I can’t see one on the bench and I’m not sure that it would be Bates, who is better than McG IMO. 

Both would start this year at the G spots.  Who goes where will be figured out in camp.

The rookie (let's say a 3rd) is depth until next year when one of them goes to C.

I guess that's my point.

I personally will wait to see which guy is better.  I was a bit disappointed in Bates last season even though he was at RG.

Just now, Success said:

It's too bad we couldn't get Williams. He would have been such a perfect compliment to Cook, and taken all of the short yardage & goal-line carries out of JA's hands.

How is the draft with RB's this year. Is it a good one? If so, maybe they can find one in the later rounds. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is interesting if true.  Wonder if they mean working the phones to available free agents.  Guys like Hunt and Foreman stick out as the likely candidates if they are.  Or are they working the phones for one of the top guys rumored to be available via trade such as Henry, Ekeler, Chubb, or Dalvin.  

Given the phrasing "high level" RB, think that would lean more towards one of the guys available for trade.  Be interesting to see what they do at RB in terms of resolving that position prior to the draft and looking to land one in the draft.  

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

How much of a workhorse do they need?

Singletary avg 10 carries a game.  I understand they are in there for more snaps but that's the brunt of it.

They've gotta change that philosophy, though.  I think they know that.

I hope they know that.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Respectfully, I've never heard of this Twitter account.

Every year, when free agency rolls around, a few new accounts pop up that try to make a name for themselves by throwing a bunch of ***** at the wall and hoping that some sticks.

There's a pretty big pile of NFL rumor mongers who actually ARE tuned in, and none have said anything about this. 

Color me highly skeptical of the veracity of this "rumor".

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

How much of a workhorse do they need?

Singletary avg 10 carries a game.  I understand they are in there for more snaps but that's the brunt of it.

Someone who can carry the load so Allen can have zero carries for zero yards every game. At least as far as those designed runs go. I know there will be times when Allen will have to avoid the rush on passing plays and he will pick up yards that way. Allen is getting older, so I don't want to see him taking unnecessary shots if it can be avoided.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Respectfully, I've never heard of this Twitter account.

Every year, when free agency rolls around, a few new accounts pop up that try to make a name for themselves by throwing a bunch of ***** at the wall and hoping that some sticks.

There's a pretty big pile of NFL rumor mongers who actually ARE tuned in, and none have said anything about this. 

Color me highly skeptical of the veracity of this "rumor".

The account seems to have at least some inside info. Just posting for discussion

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.