Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, Warcodered said:

Diggs played for the Vikings and was a great fit on the Bills that must mean his former running mate Thielen would be too. Feels like that's about as much thought as is going into this idea. 

No. It's a fit because Thielen has elite hands and catches everything. Something we sorely lack 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Who is saying either of these things?… I think fans would appreciate them finally realizing protecting Josh at all costs and loading up on offense while letting some defensive/STs pieces walk is the way to go. 

The first quote is in reference to the Bengals handling of their OL.

How come they get a round of applause for it not being much better and having to go grab Orlando Brown?

In contrast everyone here ***** about needing to sign Miller because Rousseau/Epenesa/Basham haven’t panned out. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I could definitely talk myself into Thielen - but I'd prefer to get younger. We have a few too many guys who are 30+.

I like the upside of Chark.  He cant stay healthy but his deep speed with Allen is intoxicating.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CookieG said:

Just throwin' it out there.

Don't be shocked if they take Jack Campbell of Iowa at 27, or possibly in the 2nd.  He's won every award a defensive player can win in the college ranks.  He does everything well, great instincts, smart and 6'4" 245 lbs.

The big question everyone had was his athleticism.  He got the "he's too slow" label and I think people think he was going to run a 5.0 40.

He didn't.  He ran a 4.64 at the Combine.  In other drills there, he was in the top 3 to top 5.  Took the top spot in the 3 cone and short shuttle drills. 

He answered doubts about his athleticism.  if its run D, it improves with him.

Not necessarily a question directed at you (unless you can). This was on his scout report:

— Comes downhill in a hurry to fill his gap on the front side of gap runs. Takes good angles in pursuit against stretch runs or outside zone.

What does the bolded mean by "front side" of gap?  I understand -fill the gap- but where is the front side?

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. It's a fit because Thielen has elite hands and catches everything. Something we sorely lack 

Agreed.  They don't necessarily need an all pro as a #2.  At this point,  merely getting consistency and reliability out of that spot would go a long way to making them a better offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

His price has to be coming down, and you'd have to believe teams are checking on the abdomen/pelvis injury that cost him his season. 

Never been a fan of his. I don't think he's a very good WR. I'm hoping the Bills don't acquire him. 

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Diggs played for the Vikings and was a great fit on the Bills that must mean his former running mate Thielen would be too. Feels like that's about as much thought as is going into this idea. 

I was a big Thielen fan. However, last year he looked washed up. A shell of himself. He's a hard pass for me. Bills need to get faster and younger. Thielen is the opposite. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not necessarily a question directed at you (unless you can). This was on his scout report:

— Comes downhill in a hurry to fill his gap on the front side of gap runs. Takes good angles in pursuit against stretch runs or outside zone.

What does the bolded mean by "front side" of gap?  I understand -fill the gap- but where is the front side?

IIRC, beats the pulling Olinemen to the gap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think he's more dangerous than McKenzie 

That isn't saying much. Plus, I'm guessing his price might be more. I just don't see Hardman as being an answer or solid piece of the Bills passing attack. He had minimal success with Mahomes and a better dynamic Andy Reid offense. I doubt he does more in a Dorsey on the job training season. 

No thanks to Hardman. Bills should be looking at Addison or Zay Flowers. 

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We do have the WR's coach who coached both OBJ and Landry at LSU, in NY(obj) and CLE.  Both of them are very close with him

Diggs
OBJ
Harty
Landry
Shakir

Gabe Davis + Ed Oliver + 3rd + 2024 1st  for  D.Henry and Simmons 

This mf doing hockey trades 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Mostly con you might add.

getting him makes A LOT of sense to me.    You extend him 1-2 years to lower his cap hit.  He's 29 and a freak athlete. He likely has 2 elite seasons left in him. 

He gives us arguably a top 10 player in the league to pair with Allen.  THAT is downright scary for defenses to deal with.

His presence on the field will force teams to bring their safeties down.  This alone makes the entire offense more effective.

Give him 18-20 carries a game.  Still a pass first team, but more balanced, more unpredictable. This also keeps him fresh for December and January.

Think about how good the play action / RPO game would be with Allen and Henry. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.