Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

If I'm a Jets fan, I don't think I'd be thrilled about getting Rodgers.  Maybe because he'll make them relevant for a year. 

But that team seemed to have a good thing going last year.  A lot of great young talent, and I think Saleh is a good, solid coach. From the outside, it seems like Rodgers is being a bit disruptive w/ the whole "wish list" thing, and in general, the Jets will be going more "all in" for 2023 than for the long term.

With the team they have, I would have preferred to just go w/ a capable QB, like Jimmy G, and build more for the future.  Rodgers makes them relevant, but I don't think he gets them to the SB.

• Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Success said:

We DO have a bit of a cap situation - even w/ the restructures. We can't spend like other teams this year.

Next year, Cincy will have that problem. We made our "splash" in FA last year.  That's not something most teams can do in consecutive years.

The same guys who put this team into that cap situation are the ones people here hope will acquire new players and build a better offense.  Jury's out on McBeane.

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Time to rid ourselves of Oliver 

That would be a bold move...but I could see McD only willing to part with one of his hand-picked highly drafted guys this off-season.  

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

You win the Division first. 

but let’s talk CINCY how many impact defenders did they lose?  Who is protecting Mahomes on the edges a career RT at LT. All teams have holes right now. 

Both those teams were already ahead of the Bills.  I believe more in the Chiefs to fix holes then the Bills right now. McBeane hasn't shown they can do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I could care less about winning the division again. The question should be what have they done to get better against the playoff teams they lost to. Like another top WR that's not Davis that takes pressure off Diggs or better RB that is an major upgrade over what they continue to put out. 

I want them to win the division. You want the #1 seed and the bye. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The Milano extension, Bernard pick, and second Milano extension tells me McBeane knew they weren’t bringing Edmunds back a long time ago. 

They’ve always favored pass defense over run defense, Bernard is highly unproven, thought to have been over drafted, and very small; but is also highly intelligent and great pass defending LB. Perfect situation to draft a player like Bernard and let him sit and learn from guys like Edmunds, Milano, Klein, and Dodson. 

I think it’s extremely likely that it’s Bernard vs Dobson for the spot next to Milano. I can see AJ Klein returning for another year as well for veteran depth. 

I understand the skepticism.  It was obvious he'd be red shirting here, as no role for him, and absolutely needed to tack on size.

That first NFL offseason with a S&C coach, nutritionists on hand, state of art facilities. The biggest jump athletes see in size/strength is that first NFL offseason.  Itll never be replicated, basically newbie gains.

I see traits of speed, decisiveness, explosion on blitz, all reports of a cerebral player.  In games I saw a guy doing too much thinking, itll slow down for him. Hopefully dudes lifting his ass off and eating everything that isnt bolted to the floor. Not gunna lie, Im excited to see him.  I def expect growing pains, but hoping they cut him loose and let him blitz some.  That kinda thing is great for players confidence, and fun to turn the brain off and pin the ears back.  Could def see a bunch of TFL's and pressures at the least.  Obv, this is all just my opinion, feel free to drag me lol

image.thumb.png.9a64abd1ca705398f24c6e13b7761728.png

Edited by BillsShredder83

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I understand the skepticism.  It was obvious he'd be red shirting here, as no role for him, and absolutely needed to tack on size.

That first NFL offseason with a S&C coach, nutritionists on hand, state of art facilities. The biggest jump athletes see in size/strength is that first NFL offseason.  Itll never be replicated, basically newbie gains.

I see traits of speed, decisiveness, explosion on blitz, all reports of a cerebral player.  In games I saw a guy doing too much thinking, itll slow down for him. Hopefully dudes lifting his ass off and eating everything that isnt bolted to the floor. Not gunna lie, Im excited to see him.  I def expect growing pains, but hoping they cut him loose and let him blitz.  Could def see a bunch of TFL's and pressures at the least.  Obv, this is all just my opinion, feel free to drag me lol

Bernard looked slower than that to me 

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

I see traits of speed, decisiveness, explosion on blitz, all reports of a cerebral player.  In games I saw a guy doing too much thinking, itll slow down for him. Hopefully dudes lifting his ass off and eating everything that isnt bolted to the floor. Not gunna lie, Im excited to see him.  I def expect growing pains, but hoping they cut him loose and let him blitz.  Could def see a bunch of TFL's and pressures at the least.  Obv, this is all just my opinion, feel free to drag me lol

Agreed. He did play 62% of Special teams snaps and started one game. He was targeted in the passing game 5 times, gave up 4 catches for (I believe) 37 yards. He made 22 tackles last year and had 0 missed/broken. 

People like to compare him to Matt Milano, but he’s honestly closer to Edmunds in terms of agility/speed. He was said to be highly athletic, highly intelligent, and a great cover LB. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

And RAS, combined with the tape, and what we have addressed in FA leads me to believe that Jack Campbell is going to be our pick at #27. 

image.thumb.png.03463b8efd86acad69d84cff55379adf.png

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Success said:

If I'm a Jets fan, I don't think I'd be thrilled about getting Rodgers.  Maybe because he'll make them relevant for a year. 

But that team seemed to have a good thing going last year.  A lot of great young talent, and I think Saleh is a good, solid coach. From the outside, it seems like Rodgers is being a bit disruptive w/ the whole "wish list" thing, and in general, the Jets will be going more "all in" for 2023 than for the long term.

With the team they have, I would have preferred to just go w/ a capable QB, like Jimmy G, and build more for the future.  Rodgers makes them relevant, but I don't think he gets them to the SB.

Agreed. I thought they outsmarted themselves. Smart move would have been to keep LaFleur and sign Garapolo. 

plus, they have killed it in the draft recently— why give up those picks? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Dark horse MLB: Matt Milano

He could absolutely play it, and I’d be curious to see if the MLB responsibilities cause a dip in his impact plays, or if that truly was an Edmunds thing. 

That would allow Bernard to take over his spot, which he is a great fit for. 

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.