Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bobby Wagner or Drue Tranquill, D'Onta Foreman, and a swing tackle, and I would be very happy. The bodies are thinning out. 

The TE market is probably being held up by a strong draft. No one wants to spend a zillion dollars on Dalton Shultz when they can wait. 

WR is probably held up by OBJ, DHop, etc. 

I believe Tranquill went to Cleveland 

We're already better than we were after week 2 last year. Even if we don't make anymore fa moves. 

Upgraded OL - love the signing 

Upgraded WR - love the signing

I think both will turn out to be steals for what we paid them. 

Healthy White/Hyde/Poyer

Dodson was 4-0 in place of Edmunds last year. Get a lb in rd 3 after drafting OL and WR and stay healthy most importantly and we'll be contending for the 1 seed in a stacked conference again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

We're already better than we were after week 2 last year. Even if we don't make anymore fa moves. 

Healthy White/Hyde/Poyer

Dodson was 4-0 in place of Edmunds last year. Get a lb in rd 3 after drafting OL and WR and stay healthy most importantly and we'll be contending for the 1 seed in a stacked conference again. 

i think we can pick up an MLB in FA. find some depth guys before the draft for the OL

I say we go into the draft and go CB Round 1!  ( @Bill from NYC !)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Close to zero chance that happens imo. He's going to say that, but it's a lie. Same thing we heard about Dane Jackson and the depth corners before they drafted Elam. 

Dane did start most of the season

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Healthy White/Hyde/Poyer

Love your optimism. I'll hangup and wait on that.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The point being is even good teams lose good players or don't necessarily shore up holes in free agency. As to me the Chiefs still have a hole at LT, WR and DE and worse than they were at the start at UFA. Claiming the Chiefs GM is better than ours is a laugh as look back and understand the reason they got great production from their 7th Round RB last year was the RB they drafted in the 1st a few years ago was a bust. They had to trade for Toney because Hardman hasnt been a great 2nd Round pick at WR etc. 

yes they missed on CEH (everybody misses) but then nailed the Pacheco pick. Hardman wasn’t great but then he made a good move to get Toney. How can anyone with rational sense think that Beane is as good of a GM? He’s refused to get josh the help he needs, instead he keeps whiffing on DL because he’s chasing KC. He will waste another pick on a MLB instead of grabbing someone decent in FA. KC has rebuilt their o line because that’s what matters. Let’s revisit this when josh is running for his life again in the fall. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Close to zero chance that happens imo. He's going to say that, but it's a lie. Same thing we heard about Dane Jackson and the depth corners before they drafted Elam. 

And this is what I mean about needing to draft better. Bernard was clearly drafted with the knowledge that Edmunds was probably going to go. He wasn't close to ready to play last year which leads to questions about his readiness for next year hence we are talking about finding a replacement for the replacement. We are talking about TE2 because Sweeney was drafted and can't play. We signed Miller because we drafted Epenesa, Basham AND Rousseau and none of them can get to the QB. Etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Curious who is going to be our MLB. It kind of goes against Beane’s philosophy so far to draft a MLB and pencil them in as day 1 starter. I would expect at least some kind of vet signing there.

I think it's the biggest hole on the roster now.  Bernard is unproven and Dodson isn't the answer.  Hard to imagine they'd put a rookie MLB as a starter.  I think they'll sign a vet on a 1 or 2 yr deal.  Then we can focus on offense.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya I would like a fa lb 

I think we gotta go DE in rd 1 for sure! Lol

We have to replace all we are going to lose with Basham and AJE in a couple years. Maybe Tops has some paper bags or we can go to the grocery store and buy some spaghetti.  

Edited by boyst

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And this is what I mean about needing to draft better. Bernard was clearly drafted with the knowledge that Edmunds was probably going to go. He wasn't close to ready to play last year which leads to questions about his readiness for next year hence we are talking about finding a replacement for the replacement. We are talking about TE2 because Sweeney was drafted and can't play. We signed Miller because we drafted Epenesa, Basham AND Rousseau and none of them can get to the QB. Etc.

The Bernard point can't be made enough.  

We literally drafted a LB in RD3 last year.  Yet, we somehow still are unprepared for Edmunds leaving in Free Agency?  Why is our Round 3 pick from last year not the obvious answer?

I'm not saying he is... I'm saying it's pretty ridiculous that he's barely even in the conversation.  

Maybe he is... maybe Beane and McDermott are perfectly content with Bernard starting and we're just unaware... but, if not, the Bernard, Basham, Ford picks need to stop.. asap. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The Bernard point can't be made enough.  

We literally drafted a LB in RD3 last year.  Yet, we somehow still are unprepared for Edmunds leaving in Free Agency?  Why is our Round 3 pick from last year not the obvious answer?

I'm not saying he is... I'm saying it's pretty ridiculous that he's barely even in the conversation.  

Maybe he is... maybe Beane and McDermott are perfectly content with Bernard starting and we're just unaware... but, if not, the Bernard, Basham, Ford picks need to stop.. asap. 

The Milano extension, Bernard pick, and second Milano extension tells me McBeane knew they weren’t bringing Edmunds back a long time ago. 

They’ve always favored pass defense over run defense, Bernard is highly unproven, thought to have been over drafted, and very small; but is also highly intelligent and great pass defending LB. Perfect situation to draft a player like Bernard and let him sit and learn from guys like Edmunds, Milano, Klein, and Dodson. 

I think it’s extremely likely that it’s Bernard vs Dobson for the spot next to Milano. I can see AJ Klein returning for another year as well for veteran depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ah gotcha! I was thinking more rookie situation with MLB in the draft this year. 

And at the end of the day I do think there is a very good chance they go LBer in the draft at some point.  

Big thing I see is the Bills need to stop slow rolling development by putting an aging Vet over their rookies, takes too much cap space to just get what you would likely get from your Rookie Contract.  

They really do it alot, if you like the player enough to draft in the 3rd round you should like him enough to be in your future plans.

How often with this regime are we here as fans saying get so and so SNAPS.  This is probably my biggest complaint with this regime at times

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I can’t fault the Rousseau pick.   Basham is a JAG.  No argument on Epenesa, subject to the point that somebody screwed his body up post draft.  Went from a thicker power guy with no bend to a skinny guy with little power and no bend.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, boyst said:

i could see us going anything but that and picking up a stop gap MLB.

i'd not be surprised to see Klein back and mixed in with Dodson and a vet who can play the pass coverage.

I don’t think there’s any way they’re planning on going with Klein at MLB for a seventeen game schedule. I actually like Klein in a reserve role but he’ll absolutely run out of gas as a consistent starter. And I wish I shared your optimism on Dodson, at such a key role in the defense but at this point I’ll take just about anyone who can stop a RB dead in his tracks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.