Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

🧐what if he means it’s the year for OTHER teams to have 2 #1 corners? ….because we’ll have 2 #1 WR’s?!?

For that to be true it would mean he basically just publicly kind of took a shot at Davis.  Implies who ever is coming in is a big upgrade to Davis to the point teams need 2 number 1 corners now.  

I’m skeptical he would say that if it meant someone is coming in to upstage Davis.  The WR group is a close knit group, doesn’t seem like McK to say something that could be seen as a slight to his boy Davis.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For that to be true it would mean he basically just publicly kind of took a shot at Davis.  Implies who ever is coming in is a big upgrade to Davis to the point teams need 2 number 1 corners now.  

I’m skeptical he would say that if it meant someone is coming in to upstage Davis.  The WR group is a close knit group, doesn’t seem like McK to say something that could be seen as a slight to his boy Davis.

honestly if it’s Hopkins…I doubt Gabe would be offended

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He's kind of ruthless and relentless when it comes to making jokes though, didn't he make one to Hyde about his neck?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's kind of ruthless and relentless when it comes to making jokes though, didn't he make one to Hyde about his neck?

Jokes are different though, this would kind of be like a slight to Davis, especially if it’s someone taking Davis job in terms of the #2 target for Allen.

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jokes are different though, this would kind of be like a slight to Davis, especially if it’s someone taking Davis job in terms of the #2 target for Allen.

What he said implied 2 WR1s though and I don’t think anyone is mistaking Davis for one of those, even Davis. I don’t think he’d be upset at it. 

Also, I’m excited to see what Davis does against CB3s if he is our clear cut WR3 next season. 

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Really tired of Dallas and their players

It's really only 2-3 of them but yeah it feels like theres about 20+ chirping at all times.

I'm a Hopkins believer and think he still has some left in the tank. Dallas seems like a weird fit though, unless either he or Gallup is cool with a reduced role.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

Edmunds signed early day 1 for 4 years, $72M.

Seems the NFL GMs value them quite differently than TSW pundits.  

I admittedly am not a huge Edmunds fan, but he’s definitely better than VE. In saying that, Contracts in the NFL don’t necessarily reflect the total body of work.

It reflects “what have you done for me lately “ and “is this player trending up or down”

Edmunds has 3 massive things over VE.

1. Last year was by far his best year so some Teams see this as “trending up”

2. He’s relatively way more healthy than VE as VE is always hurt.

3. He is younger

But also a side note: NFL GMs give out bad contracts all the time. (See Kenny Golloday amongst a laundry list of others)

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I admittedly am not a huge Edmunds fan, but he’s definitely better than VE. In saying that, Contracts in the NFL don’t necessarily reflect the total body of work.

It reflects “what have you done for me lately “ and “is this player trending up or down”

Edmunds has 3 massive things over VE.

1. Last year was by far his best year so some Teams see this as “trending up”

2. He’s relatively way more healthy than VE as VE is always hurt.

3. He is younger

But also a side note: NFL GMs give out bad contracts all the time. (See Kenny Golloday amongst a laundry list of others)

I like Edmunds.  I like not having to make changes.  There was no way were going to pay up like Chicago did.  He got paid for having a great season last year.  Stat wise, similar to previous seasons but he was more aggressive and first to the play more.  Although he was still out of position many times.

As far as “trending up”.  I’m not a fan of any guy whose best season happens to be a contract year.  I don’t know if TE will continue this upswing, or rest on his laurels now that he’s paid.  A lot of guys have done nothing after getting paid, no motivation.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 0017 said:

Bills gotta have a deal for a WR in the works! I hope it’s not OBJ! Please be Hopkins or Jeudy 🙏 

It would have to be for one of those 3 for his tweet to mean anything serious. I would be happy with any of the 3 but my order of preference would be Hopkins, Jeudy, then OBJ.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s not a slight though.  it’s facts.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.