Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Just now, SCBills said:

Why do we always talk this way about defense but not offense?

We drafted Bernard in RD3 last year.   Who’s our current slot WR?.. a RD5 rookie last year.   Yet we must pay Wagner or David at the expense of getting Allen another weapon?  

The best WRs in this draft are slot type guys.

Also Berrios is a FA still. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the slot.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

The best WRs in this draft are slot type guys.

Also Berrios is a FA still. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the slot.

Or get Allen a legit weapon … not just hope at 27 or Braxton friggin Berrios. 

But I guess we can never spend enough on defense. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I see a lot of talk about moving Milano to Edmunds spot and I don’t get it.  Milano is an All Pro on the outside doing what they ask him to do.  Asking him to do what Edmunds did is entirely different.  

I think the sound of it makes sense- I’m just not sure it’s a good idea to change what Milano does for our defense.  

Edmunds leaving is going to change what a whole lot of guys do for our defense, including Milano.

31 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He was on the Ravens for like 4 years before he ever did anything

Yes easy to forget his PS days and back end of roster days in Baltimore.  Saw a story how he overcame alcoholism and became the player, and more importantly, the man he is today.  Hope he does well with the NY "Football" Giants!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I see a lot of talk about moving Milano to Edmunds spot and I don’t get it.  Milano is an All Pro on the outside doing what they ask him to do.  Asking him to do what Edmunds did is entirely different.  

I think the sound of it makes sense- I’m just not sure it’s a good idea to change what Milano does for our defense.  

I think Milano - on the wrong side of 30 - might be better protected at the Mike, and I think Bills will probably adjust the scheme rather than trying to replicate what Edmunds brought - which is impossible. 

So you can ask Milano to play in a smaller box on typical down/distance, have the athletic Bernard use his speed to play in space with less coverage responsibilities. 

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's already been reported Hopkins would restructure his deal once trade.  Could extend him 2-3 years and make it work.

Extend DaQuan, Taron, trade Ed and you have enough cap to do more

I don't understand the obsession with some TSW posters and Hopkins.

Hopkins was a top WR. He is now 30 turning 31 this summer

He has not played an entire season since 2020.

has not topped 720 yards since 2020.

Houston may have dealt Hopkins at the right time, but should have gotten more for him at the time.

This team needs to get younger and cheaper, not older and more expensive.

Extend D Jones, yes.

Extend Taron, yes.

Deal Ed, I've even come around to yes.

For Hopkins or OBJ? No.

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Houston may have dealt Hopkins at the right time, but should have gotten more for him at the time.

Extend D Jones, yes.

Extend Taron, yes.

For Hopkins or OBJ? No.

Gonna keep on hammering the Jerry Jeudy drum

• Dislike 2

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Extend D Jones, yes.

Extend Taron, yes.

For Hopkins or OBJ? No.

This offense needs impact players now.  The way the staff uses rookies doesn't give confidence that a rookie WR, even if very good....would be used much

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They both played Nickel LB like 80% of the time

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No I agree… I’m ok with dust settle FA acquisitions for the defense… they need a splash WR add whether that’s through FA or trade. 

Then they need to keep restructuring and start cutting players because Sal C just said that they are roughly at $15M in cap space right now. 

And if you have to get a weapon, competition at RT, a veteran S, maybe a LB, how are you going to do all that? 

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think it's safe to say the Bills will be drafting a RT @ 27.  Now we gotta hope one of the better ones fall.

A possibility, but not a sure thing.

You can get starting linemen in rounds 2-4, and I'm not so sure that they see tackle as a 100% need.  I think they would look to potentially draft a tackle in one of the 1st few rounds - but likely someone versatile who they could move to guard if Brown pans out like they hope.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This offense needs impact players now.  The way the staff uses rookies doesn't give confidence that a rookie WR, even if very good....would be used much

Hopkins is expensive, a diva and constantly hurt.  The concept of him playing at peak performance for the Bills is seductive but unrealistic and likely to be essentially a pile of burning money.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Then they need to keep restructuring and start cutting players because Sal C just said that they are roughly at $15M in cap space right now. 

And if you have to get a weapon, competition at RT, a veteran S, maybe a LB, how are you going to do all that? 

Probably the draft for a lot of that. I think they'll try to replace Edmunds in FA, but otherwise I don't see any other non-depth kinds of moves.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hopkins is expensive, a diva and constantly hurt.  The concept of him playing at peak performance for the Bills is seductive but unrealistic and likely to be essentially a pile of burning money.

And yet what are the other options? 

There is virtually nothing in FA. 

There is Jerry Jeudy for unknown cost (supposedly). 

And every draft analyst comes on and says this isn't a great class for WR. 

So is it on Beane to make a trade? 

#27 could be the best WR left. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Probably the draft for a lot of that. I think they'll try to replace Edmunds in FA, but otherwise I don't see any other non-depth kinds of moves.

Going to have to have the draft of their lives. 

They have 6 picks. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.