Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm glad we are active in trying to fix the OL, but is this guy better than what we've seen the last couple of years? I really don't know much about him. 

In the thread on the signing, there is a very long write up profile on him and it sounds very encouraging.  Only has drawn 2 flags in his whole career so far, which brings much needed discipline to the OL.  And he has great versatility where he can play G and C, but also lined up in the backfield as well.  Write up even referred to him as a guy that Dallas should try and keep.  

I didn't know much about him prior to reading the write up, but it definitely read well and seems encouraging, like one of those signings we will look back at and say Beane was a wizard again at finding value.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In the thread on the signing, there is a very long write up profile on him and it sounds very encouraging.  Only has drawn 2 flags in his whole career so far, which brings much needed discipline to the OL.  And he has great versatility where he can play G and C, but also lined up in the backfield as well.  Write up even referred to him as a guy that Dallas should try and keep.  

I didn't know much about him prior to reading the write up, but it definitely read well and seems encouraging, like one of those signings we will look back at and say Beane was a wizard again at finding value.  

We don't tend to know much about the OGs on other teams unless we liked them in the draft. 

• Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I have a question. You always pay your LT more because he protects the QBs blindside. What if you have a left-handed QB? Would Miami pay more for a RT than other teams because Tua's a leftie? Do the LT and RT switch sides when the backup comes in?

The right side traditionally also has a TE lined up next to him so no yet it's tough because nowadays defensive ends usually line up against the weakest tackle whereas back in the day they predominately lined up on the right (offenses left) because it was QB's blindside. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting gamble here for Chiefs. I don’t see him succeeding on the Left 

Agreed. Definitely an interesting gamble. Orlando Brown had at least played LT, and played it well, for Baltimore prior to the trade. Taylor has been Jax's RT the whole time I believe. 

Edited by H2o

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Should we try to land Orlando Brown and move Dawkins to LG or RT?

i doubt the cost would allow that to happen. He will be paid very large money.

I would love for that to happen but we need some cost controlled assets on the OL. Unfortunately Beane and company don't evaluate OL very well. Or our OL coaching is bottom of the barrel, but I tend to believe its a talent problem not a coaching problem

Edited by ddaryl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.