Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

It might be "legal" to tamper but the actual tampering has been going on since the end of the season.  How else do these players agree to contracts at like 12:01am on the start of free agency?? I am supposed to believe that they came up with the contract over the course of 2 days?  Please.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dje85 said:

Yup, they all just talk in hypotheticals before the tampering period. By saying things like what do you expect your client to want, or hypothetically if we offered such and such money would your client be interested come free agency. By now I bet most the big name free agents already got their teams lined up outside of the few that want to make visits first.  

Since Covid hit most guys don't do the visit thing or if they do it seems more hush hush as I don't remember Von coming in for a visit instead we just talked to his agent and got a deal done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

It might be "legal" to tamper but the actual tampering has been going on since the end of the season.  How else do these players agree to contracts at like 12:01am on the start of free agency?? I am supposed to believe that they came up with the contract over the course of 2 days?  Please.

Yeah.......what some don't understand is that the only way to prevent tampering is to not allow agents to talk to GM's.   They talk all the time.  Deals have been getting negotiated since the end of the season.   Since every team does it, there is an unwritten understanding.

The only time that it's a problem is when a player is under contract.   Stephen Ross obviously thought wining and dining DeShaun and Brady were covered by the code.   They were not.  Teams are ok with free agent discussions but not outright negotiating with their under contract players without their permission a year before they are even eligible for UFA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If it involves Edmunds leaving town, those will be tears of joy from a lot of us! 

👍

Depending on who they bring in.  I'm hoping we see a nice replacement for him in FA.  Draft is very weak.  Better next year though, so a one year deal on a vet wouldn't be a bad idea.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Depending on who they bring in.  I'm hoping we see a nice replacement for him in FA.  Draft is very weak.  Better next year though, so a one year deal on a vet wouldn't be a bad idea.

Im really hoping for Al-Shaair from SF personally, someone who can do a lot of the things that Edmunds can but cheaper.  

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You are correct. Tampering is a constant in pro football, look at the Miami/Brady example, it is pretty humorous that some folk think it doesn’t happen with all teams and players, 

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bills are in rebuild mode. They should stay the course and keep relatively quiet until the second wave.

Maybe dump a couple players for picks in the meantime.

Surely you can't be serious

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.