Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

I'll try to keep this page updated for the Bills signings, trades, restructures, extensions, tenders, and losses. The action is going to be too much and too quick for me to monitor other teams:

1. Buffalo signs Connor McGovern, G, Dallas [from @Dablitzkrieg (discussion thread is here)]

2. Nyheim Hines restructures [from @Draconator. (discussion thread is here)]

3. Sam Martin re-signs [from @Rigotz (discussion thread is here)]

4. Matt Milano extended [from @SCBills (discussion thread is here)]

5. Case Keenum signs with Houston [from @Reed's83toHOF (discussion thread is here)]

6. Bills re-sign Tyler Matakevich [from @Draconator (discussion is here)]

7. Tremaine Edmunds signs with Chicago [from @Dablitzkrieg (discussion thread is here)]

8. Cam Lewis re-signed [from @MAJBobby (discussion thread is here)]

9. Josh Allen restructures [(from @nato7412 (discussion thread is here)]

10.) Von Miller restructures [from @nato7412 (discussion thread is here)]

11. Tyrel Dodson re-signs [from @Chandler#81 (discussion thread is here)]

12. Jordan Poyer re-signs (from @Big Blitz (discussion thread is here)]

13. Kyle Allen, QB, Houston signs with Buffalo [from @MAJBobby (discussion thread is here)]

14. Donte Harty, WR, New Orleans signs with Buffalo [from @MAJBobby and @17islongenough (discussion thread is here)]

15a. Buffalo releases Isiah McKenzie [from @Reed's83toHOF (discussion thread is here)]

15b. Free Agent Isaiah McKenzie signs with Indianapolis [from @Búfalo Blanco (discussion thread is here)]

16. Buffalo signs Trent Sherfield, WR, Miami [from @Chandler#81 (discussion thread is here)]

17. Devin Singletary signs with Houston [from @FireChans (discussion thread is here)]

18. Buffalo signs Damien Harris, RB, New England [from  @aristocrat (discussion thread is here)]

19. David Quesenberry re-signs [from @Warriorspikes51 (discussion thread is here)]

20. Jaquan Johson signs with Las Vegas [from @Buffalo_Stampede (discussion thread is here)] [sorry, a little late--this slipped by me]

21. Jamison Crowder signs with New York Giants [from @MAJBobby (discussion thread is here - now merged with *this* thread)]

[also from @The Jokeman (discussion thread is here)]

22. Buffalo signs David Edwards, G, Los Angeles Rams [from @MAJBobby (discussion thread is here)]

23. Tommy Sweeney signs with New York Giants [from @The Jokeman

(discussion thread is here)]

24. Buffalo signs Taylor Rapp, S, Los Angeles Rams [from @BillsFanInRaleigh (discission thread is here)]

25. Jordan Phillips re-signs [from @Royale with Cheese (discussion thread is here)]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick reminder:

Starting Monday, March 13, 2023 at noon ET until Wednesday, March 15 at 3:59 PM ET, clubs may enter contract negotiations with impending unrestricted free agents. Contracts may not be executed until the start of the new league year at 4 PM on March 15.

March 15 (prior to 4 PM ET): Clubs must submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents. If a qualifying offer is not extended, those players will become unrestricted free agents at the start of the new league year.

March 15 (prior to 4 PM ET): All teams must be under the 2023 salary cap.

March 15 (4 PM ET): The 2023 NFL league year begins. Unrestricted free agent contracts and trades agreed to prior to the start of the new league year can be executed. Trading period begins.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 19

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll be watching the Rodgers/Jets saga …. Seems if it’s going to happen, it’s got to be announced today, no?

I think he’s going there, but I’m less confident today than I was before the weekend. 

I can't begin to tell you how much I will laugh if he spurns them. He may want to stick it to the Packers one more time. That's a lot of money he'd be coughing up in state taxes as well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I should say I predict a boring day for us

I think it could be boring for us in terms of acquiring players, but maybe not so much in regards to losing guys. 

From all reports, if we don’t get a deal done with Edmunds before noon, his agent is going to be a busy man. 

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Rumor out there that the Jets will look into trading for Stafford if Rodgers doesn't go to NJ.

ProFootballTalk on Twitter: "If the Jets don't land Aaron Rodgers, who becomes Plan B? A potential trade for Matthew Stafford might not be as crazy as it sounds. https://t.co/RQ0vIEEedZ" / Twitter

Stafford is more brittle than Rodgers, and again the Jets O-line is horrible. Come on Aaron stay with Green Bay or retire. 

• Agree 1

Can somebody remind me how this acutally works?

The way I understand it today at noon ET (i.e. in 3 hours) teams can START contacting agents, so normally it would take at least couple of hours to get any deal done, so there should be news in the evening at best.

However, IIRC there are some news almost immediately, right? If that is the case, is this something what NFL tolerates and there are unofficial talks all the time, so they just need to wait until today noon to announce agreements?

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody remind me how this acutally works?

The way I understand it today at noon ET (i.e. in 3 hours) teams can START contacting agents, so normally it would take at least couple of hours to get any deal done, so there should be news in the evening at best.

However, IIRC there are some news almost immediately, right? If that is the case, is this something what NFL tolerates and there are unofficial talks all the time, so they just need to wait until today noon to announce agreements?

Teams and agents talk all the time

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

Teams and agents talk all the time

Yup, they all just talk in hypotheticals before the tampering period. By saying things like what do you expect your client to want, or hypothetically if we offered such and such money would your client be interested come free agency. By now I bet most the big name free agents already got their teams lined up outside of the few that want to make visits first.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.