Name one FA OL you want to be a Bill by the end of the first FA week

No_Matter_What

I am pretty sure we will sign at least one (probably exactly one) OL starter in this FA window. If yes, who do you want it to be and how much do you expect we will have to pay him?

I am no expert, but after reading these forums last couple of weeks, I want G Isaac Seumalo.

My understanding is that he is the best FA guard available so let's go get him. I hope we can do something like 37/3 (which will be essentialy something like 22/2).

Who do you have?

One name (and contract estimation) please. 

• Agree 5

Sign 1 Guard - Seumalo, Powers, Risner

Sign 1 Tackle - Eluemunor, J. Taylor, O. Brown

PFF Notes:

Seumalo’s pass blocking from Week 11 on — protecting two very different quarterbacks in Jalen Hurts and Gardner Minshew — was nothing short of spectacular, earning a 90.4 mark with zero quarterback hits and pressure allowed on just 1.8% of pass-block snaps. 

Powers took a meteoric leap as a pass protector in 2022, with his 86.5 pass-blocking grade the second-best mark among guards this season. Powers allowed zero sacks and just one quarterback hit the entire year, playing in front of three different quarterbacks over the second half of the campaign. 

The 6-foot-4, 338-pound behemoth struggles a bit as a run blocker, but if he could do enough to get by in Baltimore, odds are he can hold up well enough elsewhere.

From Week 7 through the end of the season, Eluemunor’s 83.1 pass-blocking grade ranked fourth among right tackles, with his 4.0% pressure rate allowed on true pass sets (2.0 seconds or more, straight dropback, screens/play action removed) also the fourth-best mark at the position.

From Week 10 to the end of the regular season, Brown’s 88.7 pass-blocking grade ranked third best among left tackles. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Premium guys I’d aim for one of:

Issac Seumalo

Connor McGovern Jets one

Undervalued young guys who would make me happy:

David Edwards 

Connor McGovern Cowboys one

Vets I think can help:

Justin Pugh

George Fant

Kelvin Beachum

Gabe Jackson

Germaine Ifedi

Daniel Brunskill

Guys I don’t like:

McGlinchey

Powers

Risner

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sign 1 Guard - Seumalo, Powers, Risner

Sign 1 Tackle - Eluemunor, J. Taylor, O. Brown

PFF Notes:

Seumalo’s pass blocking from Week 11 on — protecting two very different quarterbacks in Jalen Hurts and Gardner Minshew — was nothing short of spectacular, earning a 90.4 mark with zero quarterback hits and pressure allowed on just 1.8% of pass-block snaps. 

Powers took a meteoric leap as a pass protector in 2022, with his 86.5 pass-blocking grade the second-best mark among guards this season. Powers allowed zero sacks and just one quarterback hit the entire year, playing in front of three different quarterbacks over the second half of the campaign. 

The 6-foot-4, 338-pound behemoth struggles a bit as a run blocker, but if he could do enough to get by in Baltimore, odds are he can hold up well enough elsewhere.

From Week 7 through the end of the season, Eluemunor’s 83.1 pass-blocking grade ranked fourth among right tackles, with his 4.0% pressure rate allowed on true pass sets (2.0 seconds or more, straight dropback, screens/play action removed) also the fourth-best mark at the position.

From Week 10 to the end of the regular season, Brown’s 88.7 pass-blocking grade ranked third best among left tackles. 

Does that really matter when we are a pass first team?

I thought that was the reason they brought in Saffold because he was a good run blocker but take didn't matter since the bills don't run the ball like they did when he was in Tennessee.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Likely unrealistic Dream scenario:

LT - O. Brown, Doyle

LG - Dawkins, Bates

C - Morse, Patterson*

RG - Seumalo, Boettger

RT - Eluemunor, S. Brown

if we really wanted, we could find a way to make the $$ work. Extend/Restructure Dawkins.  Restructure/Cut Morse. Trade Oliver. 

I would be shocked if Orlando Brown isn’t a Bear in the next 48 hours. 

• Agree 1

LB Al-Shaair from SF.  He is a great replacement option IMHO for Edmunds at what is expected to be a much lower cost than what Edmunds will get.  

I also think a RB like Jamaal Williams or D'Onte Foreman would be good additions and compliments to Cook.  Signing either of them could potentially give us an Ingram/Kamara type tandem here this year.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Premium guys I’d aim for one of:

Issac Seumalo

Connor McGovern Jets one

Undervalued young guys who would make me happy:

David Edwards 

Connor McGovern Cowboys one

Vets I think can help:

Justin Pugh

George Fant

Kelvin Beachum

Gabe Jackson

Germaine Ifedi

Daniel Brunskill

Guys I don’t like:

McGlinchey

Powers

Risner

Based on this I think it would be awesome to get two Connor McGoverns.  Is there a discount if we do that?

I’d be pretty surprised if David Edwards from the Rams is not a Bill with his familiarity with Kromer.

Nate Davis is another player who may be had for less due to injuries but has been improving when he has played. Kromer and Davis’ ex OL Coach (Keith Carter) both have that McVay background.

Another guy Sportrac is projecting at 10 mil a year but I would be surprised if he got that much is Evan Brown of the Lions who held down the Center position in 2021, and the RG position in 2022 (both times due to injuries to the starter). He did well in the gap scheme Detroit runs which Kromer does well with. Also was ranked top 10 in pass blacking by PFF last year.

Good year to sign a FA guard and draft interior OL.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.