Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Here I thought spell check misinterpreted the word for "whack"😎

Now that's funny!

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve never been a homer. I think we’re behind the elite teams in this league, and the gap is widening. There’s certainly no guarantee to win the AFC East, we’ll agree on that point, but I’m having a tough time viewing the Dolphins as a top team. This is a QB driven league. Does anyone think Tua is in that elite conversation? They aren’t going far with Tua. The injury concerns are huge, and that team didn’t look good during the second half of the season. The league seemed to catch on to McDaniel’s scheme, and they didn’t have many answers.

We actually had a conversation about this a few pages back. Though I don't think Tua is elite, I do think with the right surrounding cast, he can do some damage and may even win a SB. He is on Eli Manning's level in my opinion. And Eli has 2 SB trophies. Don't forget that Tua beat us this year, took us to the brink at home, and then we had his 3rd string backup take us to the brink in the playoffs.

The Dolphins were neck and neck with us in all 3 games and they're still getting better. From improving their DC (Fangio) to getting a good CB like Ramsey.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wrong. They're not even favored over the Jets.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/afc-east/winner

Only on here do people think that adding a pretty good CB rockets a team past the only team in the division with a clear franchise QB.

The Bills have some work to do to catch up to the Chiefs and Bengals. Not the Dolphins. When they have their QB situation figured out they can join the conversation.

Yeah, I really don’t get it. It’s not logical imo. There aren’t many true franchise QB’s, you’re always favored to win the division when you have one. We should be favored as long as Allen is here, unless another team somehow finds a top five QB. It’s like Manning’s Colts, Roethlisberger’s Steelers, and Rodgers’ Packers, those guys always won the division. Whether Beane and McD can bring home a title is an entirely separate conversation. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So, you just haven't paid attention to anything this offseason? Everyone on here wants the team to invest more in offense. If Beane traded a 3rd rounder for a CB making close to $20 million a year this board would be apoplectic. You're just making up crap because you like to think you're more level headed than other Bills fans. You're the same as a homer, it's just that your extreme opinions go in the opposite direction.

Well said

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I really don’t get it. It’s not logical imo. There aren’t many true franchise QB’s, you’re always favored to win the division when you have one. We should be favored as long as Allen is here, unless another team somehow finds a top five QB. It’s like Manning’s Colts, Roethlisberger’s Steelers, and Rodgers’ Packers, those guys always won the division. Whether Beane and McD can bring home a title is an entirely separate conversation. 

Agreed. This reminds me of all those years when we had super talented rosters and still never made the playoffs because we had no QB. Brady always won the division with way worse rosters on paper than we had. QB trumps everything else. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yup.  But not all opinions are equal. 

So your opinion is that Vic Fangio isn’t a good DC?  I guess it’s not enough that no teams other than the Bills have good players.  Every other team’s coaches suck as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If I’m proven right what do I win? 

You win the right to be right? I’m fine with you winning actually in that I’d like to see the Bills make some moves 👍.. the article from CBS definitely says it’s done deal. 

I’m not exactly sure I understand what the Dolphins are doing.  

Trade for Hill, huge contract. 

Trade for Chubb, huge contract

Trade for Ramsey, huge contract

Restructures all around.  

It’s the Rams model, swap Stafford for Tua and the NFC for the AFC.  

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wrong. They're not even favored over the Jets.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/afc-east/winner

Only on here do people think that adding a pretty good CB rockets a team past the only team in the division with a clear franchise QB.

The Bills have some work to do to catch up to the Chiefs and Bengals. Not the Dolphins. When they have their QB situation figured out they can join the conversation.

Bills were losing at home against their 3rd string QB. 

Maybe it was the Hamlin effect. But I fear Miami and all that speed is the  perfect scheme to defeat McDs bend and break defense. Just like KC and Cinci does except Miami doesn't have the QB. Miami may even have the better coach. 

Scary times. 

Hopefully Beane recognizes he has to go all in on the offense. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills were losing at home against their 3rd string QB. 

Maybe it was the Hamlin effect. But I fear Miami and all that speed is the  perfect scheme to defeat McDs bend and break defense. Just like KC and Cinci does except Miami doesn't have the QB. Miami may even have the better coach. 

Scary times. 

Hopefully Beane recognizes he has to go all in on the offense. 

Haha only here and probably on a fins message board would people consider McDaniel the better coach. The guy had a good half season, and that’s somehow better than playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons? 

I get that people are let down with how the season ended, but…..

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

That 

Unless Beane trades or signs for some help at both offensive line and WR then the Dolphins will be favoured to win the division. They have talent on that defence and elite speed at WR,  not surprised to see them add a top 3 down RB.  Meanwhile we have holes at every position except QB

Is that so? Who's their qb? Who is ours? In the NFL that's EVERYTHING. Stop.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BritishBill said:

I did say the patriots were “dominant” and the bills are only “good”….

My comment was more about the Bills and Pats than it was about you and your post. I hope it didn't come across as being attacking. That wasn't my intent at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

So your opinion is that Vic Fangio isn’t a good DC?  I guess it’s not enough that no teams other than the Bills have good players.  Every other team’s coaches suck as well.

Please answer me this:  what did I say that could even come close to resembling “Fangio isn’t a good DC”?  My post said nothing of the sorts and I’m not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that you just did.  You’re trolling. And you’re bad at it. 

You used to discuss good points.  Now you just troll and get butthurt when Bills fans on a bills message board are homers towards the Bills and when they **** on a hated rival, who just so happens to be your team.  

If this were a democracy, I’d call for a vote booting you from the board.  You’re like a cat.  Bring nothing to the table. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the Ramsey pick up is solid for the Dolphins. 

I think Ramsey is still solid. I think he's lost some but his experience, talent, and moxy will help the Dolphins. It certainly makes them a better team. By how much is debatable. 

Make no mistake about it the Dolphins are going all out to dethrone the Bills. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Please answer me this:  what did I say that could even come close to resembling “Fangio isn’t a good DC”?  My post said nothing of the sorts and I’m not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that you just did.  You’re trolling. And you’re bad at it. 

You used to discuss good points.  Now you just troll and get butthurt when Bills fans on a bills message board are homers towards the Bills and when they **** on a hated rival, who just so happens to be your team.  

If this were a democracy, I’d like for a vote booting you from the board.  You’re like a cat.  Bring nothing to the table. 

Damn that's a scathing post. Ouch...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.