Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hmm I’ve only seen about $7 m In restructuring so far. JA and VM only speculation at this time. But if they do those then yes about $22-24m available. Enough to get a G, re sign Poyer, and grab a WR like Paris Campbell. And depending on Motor a RB. 

According to CBS the Miller and Allen restructures are locks and it depends wha they want to do with Diggs, White, and Dawkins….which could technically push the number to close to 40 if they wanted to but that’s yet to be determined 

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Totally agree Newera I think Beane is upto something he’s around 26 mill under and still has other restructures to go 

of course he's up to something. It's the offseason and free agency is starting

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Jets and fins are looking to be aggressive to overtake the Bills. Bean better have a plan.

I like the people laughing at this, as though the AFC East is still filled with garbage and we will easily walk to a division title.

These are also the same people laughing at the suggestion, a few days before the game, that we were going to get smoked by the Bengals.

Gonna be a lot of Bills fans in a for a rude awakening this upcoming year; it's going to a tough season.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hmm I’ve only seen about $7 m In restructuring so far. JA and VM only speculation at this time. But if they do those then yes about $22-24m available. Enough to get a G, re sign Poyer, and grab a WR like Paris Campbell. And depending on Motor a RB. 

He is assuming Allen, Miller and Settle restructure and it somehow reaches $26M.

Its more likely to be around $20M with $10M going toward the draft.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He’s overrated. I don’t care if they get him. They still can’t rush the passer

More whistling pass the graveyard for Bills fans. It's comical. If the Bills signed Ramsey under those conditions, there'd be Bills fans gloating all around. Same Bills fans also think losing Poyer "He's old and washed up", and Edmunds "Highly overrated and a liability". is a plus!!. The Jets and Dolphins are making big times moves, while the Bills go backwards. Josh and Diggs can only carry us so far. At this point in time (Considering Edmunds and Poyer are gone). The Bills are a 3rd place team in the division, and it's not even close. Beane better get going!!    

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

That 

Unless Beane trades or signs for some help at both offensive line and WR then the Dolphins will be favoured to win the division. They have talent on that defence and elite speed at WR,  not surprised to see them add a top 3 down RB.  Meanwhile we have holes at every position except QB

Well since FA hasn’t started.. seems like BB will improve the Bills. We have holes at every position ? That’s a lot of holes. Certainly some areas to address. But Dolphins are the favorites already is a bit early. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

According to CBS the Miller and Allen restructures are locks and it depends wha they want to do with Diggs, White, and Dawkins….which could technically push the number to close to 40 if they wanted to but that’s yet to be determined 

Yes that has been speculated. But hard to make any moves until it’s all done. I expect BB to improve the team and with the cap. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Without a doubt. If we got Ramsay for a 3rd and a backup TE, this post would be blowing up with praise for Beane.

Disagree. I wouldnt be hating on Beane, but I'd be skeptical. For Ramsey's price tag vs our cap situation vs his underwhelming performance vs Beane's ability to find DBs in the 4th-7th rounds... it would seem like a huge waste of resources.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagree. I wouldnt be hating on Beane, but I'd be skeptical. For Ramsey's price tag vs our cap situation vs his underwhelming performance vs Beane's ability to find DBs in the 4th-7th rounds... it would seem like a huge waste of resources.

I think that's a fair critique. 

But I think the overall poster perception on this forum would lean positive, don't you think?

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He is assuming Allen, Miller and Settle restructure and it somehow reaches $26M.

Its more likely to be around $20M with $10M going toward the draft.

It’s not assuming it’s CBS reporting this take it up with their sports reporters since they actually get paid a salary to do this 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think that's a fair critique. 

But I think the overall poster perception on this forum would lean positive, don't you think?

Not so sure. There isnt a lot of love on here for Ramsey to begin with. The fans are cap conscious right now. And they most certainly dont want to see any high picks used on defense, let alone DBs.

Maybe if this were last offseason, and it allowed us to use the 1st round pick elsewhere (Linderbaum), still snag Benford later, etc. That would have been a good move. But not so sure it would be a welcomed with Bills Mafia right now.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Unless Beane trades or signs for some help at both offensive line and WR then the Dolphins will be favoured to win the division.

Wrong. They're not even favored over the Jets.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/afc-east/winner

Only on here do people think that adding a pretty good CB rockets a team past the only team in the division with a clear franchise QB.

The Bills have some work to do to catch up to the Chiefs and Bengals. Not the Dolphins. When they have their QB situation figured out they can join the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Without a doubt. If we got Ramsay for a 3rd and a backup TE, this post would be blowing up with praise for Beane.

Not that he isn’t a good player, but if the Bills spent that kind of salary cap space on a CB, this board would melt down.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I like the people laughing at this, as though the AFC East is still filled with garbage and we will easily walk to a division title.

These are also the same people laughing at the suggestion, a few days before the game, that we were going to get smoked by the Bengals.

Gonna be a lot of Bills fans in a for a rude awakening this upcoming year; it's going to a tough season.

I’ve never been a homer. I think we’re behind the elite teams in this league, and the gap is widening. There’s certainly no guarantee to win the AFC East, we’ll agree on that point, but I’m having a tough time viewing the Dolphins as a top team. This is a QB driven league. Does anyone think Tua is in that elite conversation? They aren’t going far with Tua. The injury concerns are huge, and that team didn’t look good during the second half of the season. The league seemed to catch on to McDaniel’s scheme, and they didn’t have many answers.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If we got Ramsay for a 3rd and a backup TE, this post would be blowing up with praise for Beane.

So, you just haven't paid attention to anything this offseason? Everyone on here wants the team to invest more in offense. If Beane traded a 3rd rounder for a CB making close to $20 million a year this board would be apoplectic. You're just making up crap because you like to think you're more level headed than other Bills fans. You're the same as a homer, it's just that your extreme opinions go in the opposite direction.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s not assuming it’s CBS reporting this take it up with their sports reporters since they actually get paid a salary to do this 

Yes we get your CBS take. But it hasn’t happened yet. If it happens then the Bills will take a plan forward on FA. It’s possible they don’t restructure both JA and VM. So it’s currently not a fact. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.