Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

47 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s 28 and just had the best season of his career.  He’s absolutely elite.

1. Turning 29 which is aging in the NFL, especially in a position like corner.

2. I would strongly disagree he had the best season in his career as he got to torched a ton. 

3. He has a massive cap hit

• Like (+1) 1

Fantastic he is basically Josh Allen’s personal caddie when the Bills play any team he’s on. This pretty much takes them outta any other big signing after picking up Tuas 24 million dollar option 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Helluva move.  Fangio + Ramsey…..  that D should be ridiculously good imo.

once the jets get AR- it’ll be a 3 way tie at the top for division favorite prior to FA and the draft.  

Have you watch Jalen Ramsey play against Josh Allen? 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Fantastic he is basically Josh Allen’s personal caddie when the Bills play any team he’s on. This pretty much takes them outta any other big signing after picking up Tuas 24 million dollar option 

Tua’s option doesn’t kick in until next year 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Helluva move.  Fangio + Ramsey…..  that D should be ridiculously good imo.

once the jets get AR- it’ll be a 3 way tie at the top for division favorite prior to FA and the draft.  

Yep. Fangio alone is going to significantly help that defense. Their Defense coordinator last year, Boyer, was an absolute disaster according to Fin fans. And Fangio is great. if we knew that Frazier was leaving, I do not understand why we did not go after Fangio. If it’s just due to a scheme difference then shame on McD.

• Eyeroll 1

The Dolphins are trying to go all in on a championship before knowing if they have a franchise QB. It's like when we traded up for Sammy Watkins or traded for LeSean McCoy. Fun splash moves but they lead to the same result.

I don't really care about this move one way or the other as it relates to the Bills. If we fail to win the division this year it won't be because Miami traded for Jalen Ramsey. It will be because our front office and/or coaching staff failed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Dolphins are trying to go all in on a championship before knowing if they have a franchise QB. It's like when we traded up for Sammy Watkins or traded for LeSean McCoy. Fun splash moves but they lead to the same result.

I don't really care about this move one way or the other as it relates to the Bills. If we fail to win the division this year it won't be because Miami traded for Jalen Ramsey. It will be because our front office and/or coaching staff failed.

Tua is good enough to win a Super Bowl with the right surrounding cast. 

he beat us last year in Miami, he took us down to the wire in Buffalo, and I have no doubt that he would’ve beat us again in the playoffs considering how Skyler Thompson did against our defense.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yep. Fangio alone is going to significantly help that defense. Their Defense coordinator last year, Boyer, was an absolute disaster according to Fin fans. And Fangio is great. if we knew that Frazier was leaving, I do not understand why we did not go after Fangio. If it’s just due to a scheme difference then shame on McD.

Perhaps McDermott wants/wanted to have more control, and hence Frazier leaving...and not bringing in another DC.

Just a guess...but either way here we are.  I'd say we will be pleasantly surprised with Coach leading this defense, as opposed to Leslie.  It's very likely will be making some changes....

Miami is w/o a 1st and 3rd rounder now.  And more limited in future cap.

Beane has to hit on the draft and FA plan.  OL and WR, same thing everyone is saying, is critical.  More speed in the secondary/aggressive up front.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

he beat us last year in Miami, he took us down to the wire in Buffalo, and I have no doubt that he would’ve beat us again in the playoffs considering how Skyler Thompson did against our defense.

The Bills were literally a Josh Allen skipped pass on the goal line from beating them in Miami with 10 starters missing. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Strongly disagree about Tua.  He is capable of beating us, but isn't leading that team thru a loaded Afc.

Dolphins are obviously building a "Rams-esque" approach to draft capital.  I'd say they have just as many, if not more, blue chip talent than us as of now. 

But QB outweighs alot.  Tua hasn't played a full NFL season, coming off major head injury and never showcased the talent of Mahomes/Burrow/Josh.  He's a clear notch below, and that won't get it done in the Afc with the gauntlet of Qbs.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.