Matt Milano Contract Extension, as per Adam Schefter

SCBills

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree. Milano didn't lose a step without Maine. Makes you wonder if he helped him look good. There's a clear difference in talent between the 2.

Could easily plug in a LB for half his price and not see much , if any drop off

I suggest you watch the second half of the Minnesota game. When Edmunds was injured and Dodson comes in there’s a HUGE drop off and the Bills lost a game they should have won. 

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It should probably be brought up more that the Pegulas are the main reason the Bills went from laughingstock to contender. Moves like this can only happen because they give Beane essentially a blank check to use up front cash to push cap spending into the future. For this reason we will never be in serious cap trouble until the day Josh Allen retires at which point we'll take a couple years getting things under control and then be right back in it. Having cash-rich owners is a cheat code.

Or, if they’re smart, they draft a replacement for Josh when he hits his mid 30s.

9 hours ago, transient said:

I suggest you watch the second half of the Minnesota game. When Edmunds was injured and Dodson comes in there’s a HUGE drop off and the Bills lost a game they should have won. 

I think it was.. benford and jaquan johnson who whiffed on their gaps and gave up the 80 yard TD run?  I'd have to watch it again, but that was the turning point.  

Cam lewis was also playing in that one.  

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think it was.. benford and jaquan johnson who whiffed on their gaps and gave up the 80 yard TD run?  I'd have to watch it again, but that was the turning point.  

Cam lewis was also playing in that one.  

And Epenesa did his usual rag doll routine getting shoved 5 yards to the outside by the Offensive Tackle.  

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Me too. Milano was the best player on defense last year and one of the only guys to show up against the Bengals. I really don’t think there’s any weakness in his game. Literally does it all. 

I love Milano's game but he's not a good tackler. Joe Marino's podcast went through missed tackle rates for every defender and Milano's was atrocious - way worse than Edmunds. Although that problem may be endemic to our scheme.

30 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

my daughter agrees with Poyer, Diggs and Milano. wrt #3 says “maybe Knox or, low key, Tauron Johnson. Or maybe Hyde.” I think she’s got her pre FA and pre draft top 5. 

Yea Taron is on my possible list too. Knox, sure. The hair would have to go tho. 

EDIT: tell her to stay away from Stef. He's mine 😍

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes, he probably had outside contain but getting shoved that far wide meant the LB had that much farther to run.  

Hamlin got blocked by jefferson - and pushed back into Dodson (who i don't think catches him anyway).  Benford flat out missed the tackle.  Lewis took a bad angle.  

Epenesa is up field and the outer gap is completely taken - so i would say on this particular rep he did his job.  Oliver had a bad rep and the guard smacked milano back too.  

On the plus side, that sounds a lot like a defense that the drought team would have put out on the field.  This team won 13 games with these guys having to play at times. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.