Bills reportedly interested in Jamaal Williams

SCBills

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Jamaal is basically what Beane tried to draft in Moss, just didn't pan out.  

We do need a running mate for Cook.  Williams brings a different skill set, that would help. 

This is the last position to overpay, so it would have to be the right price...otherwise, I'm looking to 4th round or later in the draft.

This.  I want Williams but only at the right price.  If he wants too much, draft one 4th round or later and sign a FA for the minimum.  Duke Williams being the worst option.  There are going to be several solid RBs signing for next to nothing after a few weeks 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So with Montgomery heading to Detroit, one would presume he is Williams’ replacement and he won’t be returning?

Think it is a bit of a drop in talent but the contract is what speaks volumes. Will be less than what Williams will fetch; whether it’s back in Detroit or elsewhere. 

impressed with Brad Holmes and the roster he’s setting up in Detroit. Super intriguing to see where they’re headed after the dysfunction and misery theyve sustained over the past few years. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

I really enjoyed the Jamaal Williams story this year but I'm not liking the fit unless it's probably much cheaper than he wants. It was really one season. Prior to this year he felt downright Zack Moss-like. He was a 4.0 plodder that took touches away from Aaron Jones for much longer than he was a double digit TD back. He's also got six pretty heavy use seasons under his belt.  I don't see where he fits really, and as much as people hate it, Devin's career ypc and stats in general are far better.

Now D'Andre Swift? It would seem like three of the same with Hines and Cook but man is he dynamic. Averages like 6+ yards per touch whenever he's healthy. Also, every talking draft head and their mother has been projecting Bijan Robinson to the Lions for weeks now as if it's already a done deal. I don't want him in the 1st but I've got to assume somebody else gets him now, or the Lions really are clearing things out and Swift is on the block as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Watch Beane use his sliver of cap flexibility to sign a 33-year-old LB and bring back Singletary. 🎢🧑‍🦽

Lavonte David absolutely. Singletary can go backup Barkley in NY

26 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I really enjoyed the Jamaal Williams story this year but I'm not liking the fit unless it's probably much cheaper than he wants. It was really one season. Prior to this year he felt downright Zack Moss-like. He was a 4.0 plodder that took touches away from Aaron Jones for much longer than he was a double digit TD back. He's also got six pretty heavy use seasons under his belt.  I don't see where he fits really, and as much as people hate it, Devin's career ypc and stats in general are far better.

Now D'Andre Swift? It would seem like three of the same with Hines and Cook but man is he dynamic. Averages like 6+ yards per touch whenever he's healthy. Also, every talking draft head and their mother has been projecting Bijan Robinson to the Lions for weeks now as if it's already a done deal. I don't want him in the 1st but I've got to assume somebody else gets him now, or the Lions really are clearing things out and Swift is on the block as well.

The Bills offense needs more energy, physicality, passion and heart. Williams has a lot. Plus he knows where the goal line is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Hopefully he learned his lesson with Saffold. Both David and Wagner would regress off a cliff with the Bills.

Totally disagree on David. Anyone who saw him last year could see signing him to a 2 year bridge deal until we figure out who our next starter is. He is a huge upgrade over Tremaine. Saffold was never in the same stratosphere with David. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.