Bills reportedly interested in Jamaal Williams

SCBills

Just now, Logic said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want the Bills to spend money on a free agent running back unless it's for vet minimum?

James Cook was drafted in the 2nd round and averaged 5.7 ypc as a rookie.

Nyheim Hines is explosive and has been criminally underused his whole career.

Already, with those two, you have a fast, versatile, pass-friendly duo. Draft a short yardage and pass blocking running back somewhere in the 5th-7th rounds. Sign an UDFA. Done.

How about that Bills running game in the playoffs!

attempting the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

How about that Bills running game in the playoffs!

attempting the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity 

Respectfully, I don't think lack of running back talent is what cost the Bills in the playoffs.

I'd point to the offensive line looooong before I'd point to running back talent.

I refuse to believe that Jerrick McKinnon, Isaiah Pacheco, and Ronald Jones is a better trio than Devin Singletary, James Cook, and Nyheim Hines. But the Chiefs scored at will throughout the playoffs and won a championship, while the Bills scored 10 points at home and retreated to their couches. 

Offensive line. Playcalling. Not a lack of running back talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Respectfully, I don't think lack of running back talent is what cost the Bills in the playoffs.

I'd point to the offensive line looooong before I'd point to running back talent.

I refuse to believe that Jerrick McKinnon, Isaiah Pacheco, and Ronald Jones is a better trio than Devin Singletary, James Cook, and Nyheim Hines. But the Chiefs scored at will throughout the playoffs and won a championship, while the Bills scored 10 points at home and retreated to their couches. 

Offensive line. Playcalling. Not a lack of running back talent.

This. Right. Here.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want the Bills to spend money on a free agent running back unless it's for vet minimum?

James Cook was drafted in the 2nd round and averaged 5.7 ypc as a rookie.

Nyheim Hines is explosive and has been criminally underused his whole career.

Already, with those two, you have a fast, versatile, pass-friendly duo. Draft a short yardage and pass blocking running back somewhere in the 5th-7th rounds. Sign an UDFA. Done.

I;d rather they pick up a rb in free agency than the draft and waste the pick. We seem to find studs for the defense in the late rounds lets keep that going so we can stack the offense in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Nothing against Devin personally…but please no. We need an upgrade! 

An upgrade or just cheap … Devin is the perfect mix of meh and will cost a few mil. 

Furthermore, how does that dynamic with James Cook even work?  It’s just awkward if he comes back. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Let’s stop using Josh as a battering ram 

Someone needs to relay the message to Josh. It’s like he thinks sliding is for the weak. He doesn’t have to try running over people. Even if he can. He’s not a robot. 

1 minute ago, BuffBills51 said:

This is the one back I’m not real big on. Career 4 ypc average and last year  accounted for more than 50% of his career touchdowns. If we get him I hope we don’t overpay for one good year. 

Have you seen him play?  He is an excellent blocker and a great short yardage back.  The Bills need both badly.  He has Bills DNA, is a leader, a character, and great teammate.   Jamaal is my second choice after Bijan

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.