Bills reportedly interested in Jamaal Williams

SCBills

6 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Paying up for Jamaal Williams seems like the opposite of the Bills RB philosophy. There’s lots of good RBs in the draft and maybe the Bills take one late. 

Jamaal Williams owes Amon-Ra St Brown for consistency getting tackled at the one yard line. They guy was a just a touchdown machine but he’s not that good, definitely won’t be worth his price tag. 

Paying up depends on your view on things. Spotrac estimates his value at 4.1 annually while they estimate Devin Singletary at 5.5.

3 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Paying up for Jamaal Williams seems like the opposite of the Bills RB philosophy. There’s lots of good RBs in the draft and maybe the Bills take one late. 

Jamaal Williams owes Amon-Ra St Brown for consistency getting tackled at the one yard line. They guy was a just a touchdown machine but he’s not that good, definitely won’t be worth his price tag. 

Tell me you didn’t watch him play without telling me you didn’t watch him play.  

Not saying we should sign him, that depends on his price tag.  But your assessment is way off base.  

Never heard someone call a 1000+ yard rusher, who only started half the games last year, just a TD machine before.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tell me you didn’t watch him play without telling me you didn’t watch him play.  

Not saying we should sign him, that depends on his price tag.  But your assessment is way off base.  

Never heard someone call a 1000+ yard rusher, who only started half the games last year, just a TD machine before.  

As if being a just a TD machine would be such an awful player to add :D 

He’s a solid back, stylistically an almost perfect complement to Cooks, and should be significantly cheaper than the top of the market guys. 

As you said, if the price is right it’s a great move. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

He's good, but not great. His greatest asset by far is ball security. Dude never fumbles. In Madden, his "CAR" rating (Holding on to the rock) is an exceptional 97 out of a possible 99. Heck ya. He's similar to Moss, but measurably better. We will have many needs on draft day and the RB class in both FA and this draft class is strong, but he definitely fits the mold of what our offense needs. We'll see what route Beane takes. Now add at least 2 BIG upgrades on the OL and we're in business.

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He's good, but not great. His greatest asset by far is ball security. Dude never fumbles. In Madden, his "CAR" rating (Holding on to the rock) is an exceptional 97 out of a possible 99. Heck ya. He's similar to Moss, but measurably better. We will have many needs on draft day and the RB class in both FA and this draft class is strong, but he definitely fits the mold of what our offense needs. We'll see what route Beane takes. Now add at least 2 BIG upgrades on the OL and we're in business.

It’s actually interesting that you brought up Moss. Bills management showed what they were looking for when they drafted Moss to compliment Motor. It clearly didn’t work out. Who’s to say they aren’t looking to get back to that mode with Cook and Williams. 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Your typical Beane type of signing.  There's nothing dynamic about Williams, but he would be a good goal line back.   

I'd be good with this, if for no other reason than to keep some goal line miles off #17

On 3/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, HappyDays said:

I like him as a complement to Cook. The one thing I'll say is he played behind a really good OL so it's hard to tell if he's responsible for the short yardage TDs, or the OL is. But he runs downhill and can play three downs.

how does he do on a flat field tho?   😀

Am I the only one that doesn't want the Bills to spend money on a free agent running back unless it's for vet minimum?

James Cook was drafted in the 2nd round and averaged 5.7 ypc as a rookie.

Nyheim Hines is explosive and has been criminally underused his whole career.

Already, with those two, you have a fast, versatile, pass-friendly duo. Draft a short yardage and pass blocking running back somewhere in the 5th-7th rounds. Sign an UDFA. Done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.