Bills reportedly interested in Jamaal Williams

SCBills

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This.  Beane traded a late round pick and a guy who was a healthy scratch for a dude that housed a couple kickoffs and was a reliable punt returner in a season we were trying to win a Super Bowl. 

It was worth it.  Good trade.  Doesn’t mean we need to keep him next year though. 

I agree with this but his future with the Bills depends on what they decide for the rest of the RB room. If the Bills let Singletary go and acquire Henry/Williams, then I think Hines has his place on the team as a returner and a depth RB

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I do wonder if they signed a RB like Williams if they’d release Hynes? He clearly wouldn’t be viewed at the #2.

hynes contrct is pretty ugly no?  theres potential there but we havent seen it in indy and didnt see it here (other than St's). very risky move to bring him back contract as is

15 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I agree but don’t some people want him running less?

I mean I could look that up. Or you could

watched his highlight video. it showed 9 tds inside the 5yd line, and all but two were from the 1 or 2. all his tds werent in that video, but solid sample size

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Depends on the price he’d make for a really nice backfield with Cook and Hynes and that would guarantee Beane won’t draft another back. 
But Id rather spend a little extra solidifying safety or OG first 

I dont see him being our feature back.  With Hines and Cook Buffalo needs a back for tough yards.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

hynes contrct is pretty ugly no?  theres potential there but we havent seen it in indy and didnt see it here (other than St's). very risky move to bring him back contract as is

watched his highlight video. it showed 9 tds inside the 5yd line, and all but two were from the 1 or 2. all his tds werent in that video, but solid sample size

hynes is gone - they aren’t going to give him $5mil or whatever his number is.

I did look at all of them - yes he had 12 TDs of 1-3 yards out.

22 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

No idea why. We don’t run the rock with the backs we have now. Spend that money on a guard and WR

I'm guessing the bills are worried about the pass blocking abilities of their RB room. Right now they have all pass catchers and no short yardage bruiser that can pass block. Williams is a great short yardage bruiser and elite pass blocker, and not to mention the locker room attitude McD loves.

I'd prefer to not spend money at RB and draft a cheap bruising rookie. But going into a season with a huge question mark at pass blocking with cook, hines, and an unproven rookie is a dangerous gamble.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would you want to do this?

In order for Henry to be affective, he has to have the ball in his hands, which he won’

He is old

He is expensive

For the past 13 years the super bowl champions never paid big money for RBs, especially big money to old running backs. Paying RBs is not the move for a super bowl.

Paying up for Jamaal Williams seems like the opposite of the Bills RB philosophy. There’s lots of good RBs in the draft and maybe the Bills take one late. 

Jamaal Williams owes Amon-Ra St Brown for consistency getting tackled at the one yard line. They guy was a just a touchdown machine but he’s not that good, definitely won’t be worth his price tag. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.