Oliver Deleted Tweet

BillsDiehard

Well, for starters Ed was the 9th overall pick, so perhaps you should at least be accurate if you are going to try to argue with someone.  I get it. You are frustrated because you know you are wrong and have no sound argument or counter argument. 

I do appreciate your passion for the Bills so, in that regard, we have things in common.  And that is a positive of this board.

In closing, it is exhausting (yet somewhat amusing) to engage with posters like you as you try, so so hard, but come up short in many ways and you make way too many assumptions to try and "win" an argument or debate.

At this point, you are truly arguing with yourself.  My point was made, made effectively, and now I bow out to watch you prattle on.  Take care.

Worrying about "what if" Ed becomes great if he leaves Buffalo is a paralyzing thought. Unless he's worth 5th year option money I'd move him. 

7 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Joking aside, can anybody tell me what word he misspelled when he wrote "Ion"?

So, I'm thinking this, "any atom or group of atoms that bears one or more positive or negative electrical charges".

His perceived price point doesn’t equal his actual in the field value. We don’t need an undersized 3 tech who wants 12 million and gets bullied at the point of attack without immediate gap penetration and gets 2 sacks a year. His type of play puts more pressure on our need to have a dominant 1 tech which we don’t have. I would rather we go steal a great high paid bully 1 tech than keep Oliver. 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're blaming Oliver - or desperately trying, anyway - for the fact that the Chiefs scored on the drive that he got his sack? That says far more about you than about Oliver. It says you don't like the guy and you're willing to use even illogical arguments to attack him.

Oliver's been one of the Bills top five or six players this year. He's also gotten better each year.

Certainly not impossible, almost nothing is, but if it happens it will leave a massive hole they can't fill right now.

LOL, you crack me up.  

It hasn't been just Oliver, none of Beane's draftees have done anything against those teams in the playoffs nor in the playoffs in general.  

Since you missed it, the thread is about Oliver.  

His performance, or lack thereof, in the playoffs is what it is.  You can spin it anyway you want it, it doesn't change a thing.  Neither of our comments makes a difference either.  

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I actually like it Oliver
My problem with all of this is I’m not sure we’re gonna be able to retain him

You can find defensive tackles in the say third round that end up being good players we got horrible harry in the third

It would be a mistake to think that you could just take a draft pic and insert them and get the same production, though we would need to replace it all of her with a veteran that doesn’t cost as much say for instance, Sheldon Rankins

He's fine if you're looking for a mid-grade DT.  He's probably not worth the money he's going to get.  

We're missing defensive impact players in the playoffs, in a huge way.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, babulator said:

He clearly has no self awareness. Most people in buffalo aren't even sure there's a long-term home for him here, yet he thinks he's done something to earn a big contract? Guy's like this test my fandom. If we can get a 3rd, take that to the bank and call it a robbery.

I get this attitude and partially agree BUT options are: signing him, cutting him or trading for a 6th or 7th rounder.  

STOP with the…”This guy’s overrated, trade him for a 3rd round pick” dream. It’s juvenile.

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My guess is his post had nothing to do with his contract at all and he only deleted it because his agent told him how it looks. Athletes have a life outside of football.

This could absolutely be true. I'm sure athletes are solicited for business deals, investments, endorsements, etc all the time....

The danger of social media....whatever you post gets "interpreted."

Edited by CheshireCT

This team has way too many Ed Olivers.

Guys with perceived talent who show flashes but are not consistent game changers, disappear in the playoffs, then want to get paid like they are All-Pro (I have no problem with players getting paid I just don’t want us to be the ones to overpay)

IDK if this is a talent evaluation problem or poor development from our assistant coaches

Can anyone tell me why Washington still has a job? Seriously, I’m not a D-line guru but has he developed one guy to their potential? 

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

I get this attitude and partially agree BUT options are: signing him, cutting him or trading for a 6th or 7th rounder.  

STOP with the…”This guy’s overrated, trade him for a 3rd round pick” dream. It’s juvenile.

No one is saying he is overrated, he is rated exactly where he belongs, mediocre and middle of the pack. No one mentioned cutting him or trading him for a 6th or 7th rounder either. Saying STOP isn't exactly an argument, saying STOP, name calling and then making up some scenario that no one even mentioned is barely worth a response. Try again and tell me how he's worth a big contract.

I'll go first and say we can draft another middle of the pack guy that will deliver the same if not better results than Oliver. Drafting said guy would also have him on a 5 year cost controlled rookie deal. Alternatively, we could overpay for a mediocre, middle of the pack guy AND have to radically restructure some contracts to get this to work and make him happy.

Your turn, Go:

Edited by babulator

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If we let Edmunds walk and extend Oliver I’ll be ticked. 

That tweet certainly reads like we sent his agent an offer that he didn’t like.  

My hope is we tried to lock him down long term cheap, off a meh year.. he didn’t go for it.. and now, hopefully, we decide to move him. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Interesting...definitely more likely to be traded!

Screenshot_20230311-124617.png

Please Beane do it now so the you can get something for him they all want to be paid even if they don't prove to be a play maker on a consistent basis if he was a John Randal maybe then he would deserve the money but he's not he is a average to slightly above average player so trade him & get something for him .

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.